PDA

View Full Version : New Eskimo tent

slingshotz
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
DROOL....

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/DownloadCenter/ESKDocuments/FF949i.html

I wonder if any place will get this model in Calgary.

npauls
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I wonder what the cost of them will be. I am in the market for a hub style hut and this one may just be it. It would be for fishing with the family so the extra insulation would be nice for the little guy to help stay warm and make for longer trips out.

slingshotz
11-22-2011, 03:47 PM
The only place I can find it so far is on the USA sites, CT has the non-insulated version so they might be able to get it in.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Ice-Fishing/Shelters-Sleds%7C/pc/104793480/c/104735880/sc/104561280/Eskimo174-Fat-Fish-Ice-Shelters/1239977.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffish ing-ice-fishing-shelters-sleds%2F_%2FN-1100505%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104561280%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat104793 480

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I was checking on those as well before I left town. I couldn't find one but I did look a little south and contacted anb outfit in Minnesota and I figure outside of the shipping the price is the same as the regular fatfish around Calgary. For their 89 bucks to ship it may be the same price and they told me in stock and 5-7 days for delivery. I doubted but was hoping maybe someone down here in Arizona may carry them for the northern market here which does get winter and throw one in as a suitcase but no luck. A Black Friday bargain would make it real worthwhile.
May be worth shipping up if no one is going to carry them. I almost could park my shack.

https://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=110&rn=3502&action=show_detail

npauls
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I mite have to order one to the border and see if someone can pick it up for me at their mailing boxes.

That is a really good deal and would be a good fit for me.

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I had a look at the regular 949 tent in person and it seems to really have more floor space where you need. A few times last year between 2 of us and gear and dogs we were pretty tight. I think this would be great for 2 and 3 not too bad either. With the added layer it would probably take care of any cold with the big buddy heater. Only the southern wind would be the thing to watch. I just may order one when I return.

WayneChristie
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
too bad they didnt come out with that model last year. they do look good though, but so did that fish-inn thing. I will wait til a few people around have one and see if it lives up to the hype

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I googled it and found a few that have bought them. One of the comments that I noticed that they said it is not quite as thick a material as some of the insulated ones out there and the only other negative was it doesn't fit in the bag very well once you have it out. Other than that I couldn't find much on the negative side so far. in reality it should not be much different than the regular series other than the extra layer. It also makes it a lot heavier to carry. Feel free to do some research on it. It just looks pretty good for the few extra buks that you pay here for a tent withouth the insulation.

WayneChristie
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
definitely the next tent I buy is going to be insulated, propane isnt getting any cheaper, and I tend to spend a little over average hours on the ice and Id rather be at least comfortably warm. Im wondering how well you can vent these with the insulation, because it will hold in fumes as well as heat. How wide do you want to open your windows in a howling blizzard, note the avatar

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Wayne
Before I left they had one of the regular ones at Wholesale in Calgary on Display.if you get to Cowtown of maybe try them in Lethbridge to see how they look if they have one out on display there. From what I understand they are identical other than the insulation.

Kim473
11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice but how much?

npauls
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
definitely the next tent I buy is going to be insulated, propane isnt getting any cheaper, and I tend to spend a little over average hours on the ice and Id rather be at least comfortably warm. Im wondering how well you can vent these with the insulation, because it will hold in fumes as well as heat. How wide do you want to open your windows in a howling blizzard, note the avatar

I think they have the built in vents on the roof of them so you can crack the zipper at the bottom of one of the doors to cycle in new fresh air and have a vent or 2 open up top to release the fumes. This should be enough to keep it warm and safe. I think once I sell my one flip over and home made hut I will order one of the new eskimos from the states. If I can't get enough cash together for the insulated one I may just get the same model with the normal fabric. It is just so much cheaper to get them from the states then here in town.

The Fisherman Guy
11-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I must say SlingShotz, after fishing with you and your Eskimo tent, I am converted. I will be buying an Eskimo tent this year.

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Kim
Click the link I posted for amount. There are a couple of U.S. retailers I have come across for around 300 bucks which is what the regular one goes for up in Canada.

hockey1099
11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
They have them at WSS. I saw the wide bottom eskimo tents there. I didnt realize they were insulated. I think the tent was $559.00 for a six man, Maybe it was a 4 man.

I thought it was over priced for a slightly bigger fishing area but if its insulated it will be well worth it.

nicemustang
11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Fishin hole in saskatoon already has them, so why wouldn't calgary? $299 for the 4 man I do believe.

Willowtrail
11-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Wholesale and fishin hole have the eskimo fatfish online and in store but not the "Insulated" version

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 07:35 PM
299 is for the regular one non insulated. I already inquired on it. See their website as well.

GOT1!
11-22-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the Fishing hole in Calgary had one on display when I was there yesterday, wasnt really paying to close of attention, but I even believe I saw a Sale tag. Don't quote me on it, Maybe call first.

sems
11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Fishin' Hole will have them. I just got one but haven't even opened it up yet (non-insulated). Also I am in Edmonton, I am sure you guys down south will have them as well.

deanmc
11-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Here is a link to Red Rock Wilderness in Montana. They ship to canada for 279.95 plus 89.95 shipping.

https://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=261&rn=3502&action=show_detail

mosbos
11-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I picked up the 949 Fatfish a couple of weeks ago from Wholesale sports Edm. for $289.95. Set it up in the back yard and she went up and down easily and I had no problem putting it back in the carrying case. Real test will hopefully come this weekend on a frozen lake. Will post a report if I make it out.

hockey1099
11-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Here is a link to Red Rock Wilderness in Montana. They ship to canada for 279.95 plus 89.95 shipping.

https://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=261&rn=3502&action=show_detail

I checked out the site. great link with cheap prices. The insulated 6man tent weighs 41 pounds, Last years 6 man with out the wide bottom weighs 38 pounds. I wonder if there is any difference in warmth. I thought it would weigh alot more.

calgarygringo
11-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Check the wts
Wide bottom 6 man no insulation is 41 lbs.
Info on Eskimo website, No listing for any insulated 6 man.

Wide bottom 3-4 man no insulation is 27 lbs
Wide bottom 3-4 man insulation is 34 lbs

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/storepage.asp?page=FatFish

Clam has some nice insulated ones as well.

CeeZee
11-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Here is a link on Eskimo where you can post a pic of your "Fattest" fish at a chance to win one!
http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/storepage.asp?page=FatFish

g_trout
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I just got the fatfish 9416 (6+ man version) and it looks great. I set it up on sunday and it was -20 with a -27 wind chill. Setup the heater inside and my gf undid her coat after 5 minutes. She gets cold real easy so that should say how well everything was working. There is an upper vent on both sides next to the door so you don't need to open a window. I was real impressed with it but I have never had an ice tent before and haven't fished with it yet.

I am concerned it is too big for when I go out by myself but I guess I will have to suffer through it.

Cabela's employee discount got it from $500 to $380.