PDA

View Full Version : East Pit ice report?

Erik
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Anyone been to East Pit recently?

Itsmyfishingshow
11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Anyone been to East Pit recently?

btt

Erik
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I may have posted this prematurely. Thinking of hitting Pit on Saturday. Anyone been lately? How about other lakes in the area? Need to gauge how the ice is going to be, especially with that warm weather last week.

BGSH
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
East pitt is cool to hit up in the summer, but would not waste time hiking down to the lake in the winter time with the auger and fishing gear, go to sauer lake or chiccakko, that way you have a chance at catching brookies as well and you can park right next to the lake, goodluck.

Erik
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
well aware of the hill. heard that sauer winterkilled and a partial on chicakoo. brookies are only fingerlings. the hill keeps it quiet and its peace that I want, so just looking to see if ice is passable for this weekend. even if I can get an estimate of ice depth on other lakes in the region it would help

Paul C
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
East pitt is cool to hit up in the summer, but would not waste time hiking down to the lake in the winter time with the auger and fishing gear, go to sauer lake or chiccakko, that way you have a chance at catching brookies as well and you can park right next to the lake, goodluck.
It is worth the walk down that hill. There is huge trout in that very deep mining pit. Sauer and Chickaroo both had partial winter kill but has recovered quite well.
Early ice fishin has produced brooke trout out of Chickaroo. Dont forget about Carson Lake up near Whitecourt. This lake has huge stocking numbers and is a lot of fun for people who have just started to ice fish.