PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation today

WayneChristie
11-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I was seeing a ton of burbs today, in pretty much zero water, I doubt there was an inch or two of water under the ice where they were in the mud. A little breeze blowing, then all of a sudden the wind started picking up and they were all gone, within a couple minutes. All sizes of them, from tiny to one beast Im going to look for this week. looked close to 3 feet long. Interesting to see how fast they reacted to it. Forgot my camera card or Id have some pretty amazing pictures, I chopped holes with my axe and had one actually swim right up while I was doing it to check it out.

Guitarplayingfish
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
... Sounds cool! Bring your camera next time, I can't believe you went out in this wind today... You just use glow-jigs to fish em? Wind topped at 144km in claresholm today... Fires are still burning, went out about an hour ago and looks like sun-set acres has quite a few burnt houses, and the west of the airport had like 5-7 seperate small grass fires still burning. What a day... :scared:

WayneChristie
11-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I even had the tent up, fortunately I got hungry and decided to go for lunch, just beat the wind by minutes or my tent and probably me would be crossing Manitoba about now!!!