PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Eyre Lake

CeeZee
11-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Well me and my sone made it out for a couple hours, we had maybe 8 or 10 bites, about 6 on the line but none out the hole. My son(4 yrs) was a little slow on the reel in his mitts lol, then i got a hold of a nice one and my slip clutch was too tight and snapped the line! Grrrr.
Ice for the most part was 4 inches, a couple spots i checked was 5 or so and one spot was closer to 3.
All in all nice to be out ice fishing at +8! But that lake has left me skunked more time than i can count i think!
There was an old timer that stopped by, so I walked back to shore to chat and he said he was there a couple days earlier adn caught very well but me, not so much lol.

Good day regarless.
:acigar:

cant upload a pic from my phone, its too many KB?

Teamprotz
11-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Thought i'd need to get the boat out again today , but put up Christmas lights instead !

C.Noble
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
where abouts on the lake were you and what were you using for bait? want to get out before i have to go back to work

CeeZee
11-28-2011, 06:40 AM
We were along the north shore, probably 100yards from the NE shore corner. That is where the old timer was as well. Better get out there, I am learning that early ice is the best time there, although what made me fall in love with the fishnig there was the first year I tried and it was Jan 2 that time and they were catching like pike!