PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lakes

Oilberta
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Stopped by the boat launch today, I thought I would drive my truck up to the ice and see if the tires would break through or not. But as I drove down the boat launch, water started to surface at edge of the ice. I didn't see anyone anywhere on the lake so I think the ice must not be ready yet. But it was cold there, -1 while it was 10 in Calgary. The whole lake is iced over, so I think we can start counting down the days before it is good to go.

Fisher_man#1
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Stopped by the boat launch today, I thought I would drive my truck up to the ice and see if the tires would break through or not. But as I drove down the boat launch, water started to surface at edge of the ice. I didn't see anyone anywhere on the lake so I think the ice must not be ready yet. But it was cold there, -1 while it was 10 in Calgary. The whole lake is iced over, so I think we can start counting down the days before it is good to go.

I think someone posted somewhere else a few days ago that they fished spray and there was 6inches of ice. You can also phone wapiti sports in Canmore for more info.

Cheers,

portwein
11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
checked the ice near Driftwood today.....about 20 cm near the shore, and, as usual, a bit of fresh water along shoreline....completely covered by snow, but few spots are looking wet in the middle of the lake.....nobody on the ice and no any tracks...

WayneChristie
11-29-2011, 06:10 PM

seriously? what happens when you do break through, and slide the rest of the way into the lake? no offense, but thats probably the dumbest thing Ive ever seen posted about ice fishing. walk on and throw a big rock, or drill a test hole to test the thickness, dont risk your life!

Scott N
11-29-2011, 06:17 PM
seriously? what happens when you do break through, and slide the rest of the way into the lake? no offense, but thats probably the dumbest thing Ive ever seen posted about ice fishing. walk on and throw a big rock, or drill a test hole to test the thickness, dont risk your life!

That's kind of what I was thinking too... and I'm not much of an ice fisherman.

Oilberta
11-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I didn't say I would drive onto the lake, I was just going to put the front tires onto the ice edge and see how thick it was. I don't see how that is dumb, but maybe I am missing something. There was no ice on the boat launch.

Scott N
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I didn't say I would drive onto the lake, I was just going to put the front tires onto the ice edge and see how thick it was. I don't see how that is dumb, but maybe I am missing something. There was no ice on the boat launch.

I don't think anyone was trying to flame you, but maybe it's just the way you described it initially... it doesn't sound very safe! :)

Oilberta
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe before people call others dumb they should learn to read!

Dust1n
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
im pretty sure wayne is old enough to know how to read...

nicemustang
11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Motor vehicles are prohibited on spray lake in winter. So technically you would have been stupid and breaking the law.

Gary K
11-30-2011, 08:10 AM
motor vehicles are prohibited on spray lake in winter. So technically you would have been stupid and breaking the law.

bam!

264winnmag
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
bam!

BAMM!!!!!!

lol!

ESOXangler
11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe before people call others dumb they should learn to read!

I don't think you are dumb. You're a man on a mission, and i respect that. There are not that many canadian entries for the darwin award. Keep up the good work and get us on the map. And remember if at first you don't suceed keep trying!