PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Camp Wainwright Muzzle Loader Season

Rockymtnx
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Just wondering whos all going to be out there this week?
Myself and Dad will be there Wednesday evening. Hopefully I can meet a few of you and but a face to a name.

steve
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Everyone but me... good luck out there boys.

ishootbambi
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
drinks at the springs on thursday night? im not hunting the camp, but will be passing through on the way home.

Rigby
11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Lil bro and I will be there. So pumped I went out and bought a new TC Ecore this last week. :sHa_shakeshout:

Jameson340
11-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll be there, wheres the after party??? :sHa_shakeshout:

Andrew_Arsenault
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Me and my dad are getting pumped for our moose. Staying in lloydminister though

Chet
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Sask is still pitching us a shutout Dan but we will be there Wednesday night.

omega50
11-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Jealous of you first in guys.
Biding my time just a few weeks away. 829 for deer and 735 for moose

Honker1
11-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Will be there wednesday 2 bull moose tags one elk and 1 guy with the deer draw!!

Double D
11-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Myself and my buddy will be there. First time to the base and first hunt with a muzzleloader (kind of).
Really looking forward to seeing some new country. Already got a moose this year so the frezeer is relatively full. Do you guys know if they have food bank trailers there?

gonefishin
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Me and my dad are getting pumped for our moose. Staying in lloydminister though

That's going to be quite the commute.

fish farmer
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
That's going to be quite the commute.

Takes 1 hour give or take 15 min depending on how fast youre driving. I commute an hour each way to work everyday in downtown calgary, and thats if I catch the first train after work.

Rockymtnx
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Any AOers wanna meet for a beverage and bite to eat at BPs on Thursday evening?
I plan to be there with a few others. Don’t be afraid to stop by and say hi.

buckbrushoutdoors
11-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I will be the dirt bag with the scum stash

diamonddave
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Its the 30th, you can shave it tonight buddy!!

shedcrazy
11-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Dan,
I will try and swing by BP's on Thursday to say hi to whoever is around.
S

Drop_Tine
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I will be the dirt bag with the scum stash

LMAO.... I cant grow them either .... Next year we should have a little competion, see who can grow the sickest stache ! Best w/t pic with a stache.... Steve would have won it this year! It was awesome plus his whitetail was just sick!

Mikediz
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
double d...they usually have a food bank trailer at the base. enjoy your hunt!

buckbrushoutdoors
11-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Its the 30th, you can shave it tonight buddy!!

This thing is a full time job! Its mo-year!

buckbrushoutdoors
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
LMAO.... I cant grow them either .... Next year we should have a little competion, see who can grow the sickest stache ! Best w/t pic with a stache.... Steve would have won it this year! It was awesome plus his whitetail was just sick!

Sounds good Jason hahah

Rigby
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Steve renamed my Fu man chu to droptines! Lol but she coming off tonight before the hunt tomorrow.
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/Rigby_2010/0cade32d.jpg

Rigby
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry dan didn't mean to hijack. Bps and then the pool!! Lol

Rockymtnx
11-30-2011, 03:15 PM
If we do some searching on here there is a old thread where CHET said he was going to go down the waterslide in his birthday suit if he came home with a book deer from Saskatchewan. When I talked to him at noon he hadn’t found one. I sure hope he finds one dead on the road on his way over to Wainwright tonight. I know Albertadiver sure was looking forward to seeing the pics. Pics of CHET on the waterslide that is. LOL

Steve renamed my Fu man chu to droptines! Lol but she coming off tonight before the hunt tomorrow.
How are we going to reconize you without those double droptines? LOL

Rigby
11-30-2011, 05:38 PM
If we do some searching on here there is a old thread where CHET said he was going to go down the waterslide in his birthday suit if he came home with a book deer from Saskatchewan. When I talked to him at noon he hadn’t found one. I sure hope he finds one dead on the road on his way over to Wainwright tonight. I know Albertadiver sure was looking forward to seeing the pics. Pics of CHET on the waterslide that is. LOL

How are we going to reconize you without those double droptines? LOL

Well just look for the handsomest guy around and you will find me! Lol

buckshoot
11-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Just got to town, Thursday BP's sounds good

Chet
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM

I should have never said that Dan. I had to pass up a 175 net buck in Sask just because i was too scared to live up to it. Ha Ha ya right.

Sask and Wainwright were both fun hunts but I didn't pull the trigger in either spot. Last winter was certainly unkind to the deer in both areas but neither have been decimated beyond repair. I was happy to see some small bucks that would have been fawns last year in both areas proving that the entire fawn crop from last year wasn't wiped out.

The Wainwright hunt is conducted so well. What a great opportunity for SRD to collect data and do studies in a well controlled environment. It is also a great oppportunity for hunters to learn from the biologist and other SRD staff looking after the hunt as they are very approachable and willing to discuss the challenges with game management, tag allocations and population studies. Good info for sure! I'll be back if the hunt is still going in a few years.

buckbrushoutdoors
12-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I should have never said that Dan. I had to pass up a 175 net buck in Sask just because i was too scared to live up to it. Ha Ha ya right.

Sask and Wainwright were both fun hunts but I didn't pull the trigger in either spot. Last winter was certainly unkind to the deer in both areas but neither have been decimated beyond repair. I was happy to see some small bucks that would have been fawns last year in both areas proving that the entire fawn crop from last year wasn't wiped out.

The Wainwright hunt is conducted so well. What a great opportunity for SRD to collect data and do studies in a well controlled environment. It is also a great oppportunity for hunters to learn from the biologist and other SRD staff looking after the hunt as they are very approachable and willing to discuss the challenges with game management, tag allocations and population studies. Good info for sure! I'll be back if the hunt is still going in a few years.

X2 well said!

It was good meeting some of the guys off the board!