theduke
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
does anybody know when the derby is in brooks lake newell

Couleestalker
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Usually on the long weekend in Feb, it's also the free fishing weekend

wadeseward
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Its the 16th and 17th of feb The time has passed to be in the earlybird prize draw but I hear there are lots of ticks left.

theduke
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
do they drill the holes for u or can u go anywhere on the ice

gramps73
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
You drill your holes where ever you want, very well ran. Lots of good thing to win runs the same weekend as Pigeon
g

Kyle
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Just wondering if they plan on actually following through with the catch and release rules this year...?
heard last year was a huge slaughter(was suppose to be c&r)
:sick:

cujo1969
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Huge slaughter lol what they kept a fish? Do they have a website for the derby? Might try make it for 1 day.

Kyle
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
was suppose to be a C&R derby, I heard they ended up just killing almost all the big fish entered...:huh:

wadeseward
02-05-2008, 09:39 AM
It is a catch and release derby but from what I heard from some of the Kawanis member's is that the guy who caught the fish decided to keep his catch to get it mounted. From what I'm told the organizer's suggested he throw it back and he made his own choice to keep it. I may be wrong on the C&R regs of a derby but I think as long as the organizer's recomend they put it back they have done there due diligence. Its your choice to kill the fish after its weighed. I appoligize if I am wrong in advance.

lippy
02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
It is a catch and release derby but from what I heard from some of the Kawanis member's is that the guy who caught the fish decided to keep his catch to get it mounted. From what I'm told the organizer's suggested he throw it back and he made his own choice to keep it. I may be wrong on the C&R regs of a derby but I think as long as the organizer's recomend they put it back they have done there due diligence. Its your choice to kill the fish after its weighed. I appoligize if I am wrong in advance.

In my opinion the organizers should make it a "rule" of the Derby that if a fish is killed or kept , the angler is disqualified and the prize(s) be given to the angler of next biggest fish weighed and released. Maybe the organizers could arrange to have someone available as a volunteer to take a photo of the fish and angler and have it enlarged and framed as part of the prize? I don't think that we as anglers and outdoorsman in general, should support a derby that does'nt have our best interests in mind. :( Thats my 2 cents worth anyway:mad: )

theduke
02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
sweet sounds like a good derby might make it down there does a guy have to buy tickets in advance or pay when he gets there

fishpro
02-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know of a website that has the details on this derby?

phoward
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
you can get your tickets when you get there i,m heading down there thrusday it,s a free weekend to fish without a licence but you need one to claim the prize if you win.this is my 9th year there it,s a really good derby

geezer55
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Check here: http://www.q13country.com/