PDA

View Full Version : Boys and Girls club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chubbdarter
11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Slivers idea has intiated a idea.

Would any of you like to help/participate in having a fun ice fishing day for some young people who may not have the chance to experience ice fishing.
Any thoughts?
Any ideas?

and before i get accussed of being on a alien inter gallactica under cover mission...this might be considered a SURVEY, happy BeeGuy?

Mudslide
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I'd love to do something like that. Needs to be where there are plenty of easy to catch fish for sure.

chubbdarter
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd love to do something like that. Needs to be where there are plenty of easy to catch fish for sure.

pcr?

Gust
11-28-2011, 08:48 PM
My very first derby was at Chain Lakes south and I won $5 for a 15" Rainbow,, remember it just like it was tuesday of last month.

So, a kids derby (where they all win something) and the older folks just do the meet&greet and pay the cuss box?

with a margin of error 19 out of 20 times...

Mudslide
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Ya PCR or Chain for sure. Nothing gets kids more excited than catching fish and nothing gets them more bored than not.

Mudslide
11-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm sure I could get some prizes donated.

chubbdarter
11-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm sure I could get some prizes donated.

Thank you...i can make sure all the kids get something

npauls
11-28-2011, 09:03 PM
I can try and get some prizes also.

Maybe we can get a company to donate enough rod combos for each kid to have their own to take home.

I have an auger and a few huts that we could use if needed also and am hoping to have a big 6 person hub style one soon.

Gust
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I can try and get some prizes also.

Maybe we can get a company to donate enough rod combos for each kid to have their own to take home.

I have an auger and a few huts that we could use if needed also and am hoping to have a big 6 person hub style one soon.

You know as a kid, I never seemed to be bothered by being out on the ice, fishing skating and such,, all that kid energy packs a lot of heat,,, tents seem to be for us old farts. I'll look into some donations too.

gl2
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I would be willing to help in any way possible. I don't know how many kids would be attending but I could get some trophies or ribbons so that every kid can take home something to remember the good times he/she had that day. I could also donate time,food,gear, transportation ect. just let me know.

WayneChristie
11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
PCR would be good, Id be happy to come help out. that swear jar take Amex? :sHa_sarcasticlol: I was also thinking if we can scrape up a meet and fish on Newell, that novelty rods would be the way to go, have a bit of competition with them then donate them to whomever could use them, like maybe ferinstance the Boys and Girls club? Id say drag them down there, but Newell is in no way a sure thing in the winter. PCR...Oh ya.

horsetrader
11-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Chester and I will be there for sure.....Will come up with some prizes to just let us know time and place

chubbdarter
11-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you all for stepping up, let me work on the concept as im sure the army of voluteers will only gain strength

Kokanee9
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Any idea on the number of kids that this would be for?

LacLaBicheNS
11-29-2011, 12:01 AM
I take 200 kids fishing each year with a school. Ages are about 6-8. I'll tell you things that make my life easier when I do it.

-Buy some big cheap tarps and 2x4's. Make a wind break with these. drill holes half way through the ice and put the 2x4's in them upright. Then tie to tarps to them. If possible make a horseshoe shape with the kids inside.

-the better days for perch are around christmas up here. Which is too cold to stand on the ice not in a hut. And honestly they have more fun outside a hut. So I take them in march. I wait for a week of decent weather. In March the perch don't bite so well. So I give each kid a rod for perch and each kid has their own tip up for pike and burbot (i'll explain the tip up later). In march I find all the perch, burbs, and pike are shallow 6-15 feet. So they fish for all three species at once.

-Tip ups I used last year were a small 2x2 peice of wood standing on its end with the line tied to the top and I run a line from this down the hole with a smelt. The 2x2 is about 5 feet from the kid and there is about 20 feet of line between the 2x2 and where it goes down the hole. I tell the kids if the wood flops go grab it and pull the fish up. Works good except sometimes the wood flops when a fish take it and the kid doens't notice. So I am using bleech jugs this year so when the fish grabs the smelt the jug will slide along the ice. The jug can't fit down the hole. Oh and use 40-50 lbs mono for tip ups. Thick line can't cut into their hands and won't break if they pull too hard. If you don't want to have a tip up per kid, maybe use 10 or so. Then put the kids names on paper and in a bag. Draw a name, that kid gets the first tip up fish. Draw a name when that kid gets a chance at a tip up fish.

-have a tent or two set up with heaters and I also throw in a under water camera. Kids take turns using the rod in the hut to see it on camera. In march we see TONS of pike, burbs and perch on camera. Kids love it. and its a chance to warm up.

-give each kid a chair. Chairs help them stay calm and not runnign all over.

-I haven't done it this year, but I think I might try hot chocolate..

- I feel very comfortbale taking 25 young kids ice fishing by myself and one other comptent adult. But I give them lots of instruction in the school before we go fishing. Gotta lay the rules and expectations out or it can go bad (kids stepping holes, tangles, rods down the hole, hoooks in hands etc). I also show them how dress and how to use the rods and tip ups in the school.

-I had lots of people tell me just let the kids hand line. Menaing a line tied to a stick or peice of wood to jig with. I made sure each kid had a real ice rod and spinnign real. I can't imagine 20 kids most whom never went fishing trying to hand line. I can't imagine the tangles that woudl happen or lien wrapped around hands etc.. If you can't get a rod per kid donated or borrowed, go to your local fish and game. They were so willing to donate seized rods. You may have to chop up from full size rods to make them ice rods and do some minor reel repairs to get them working, but it makes your day easier to have them ahve their own rods.

- I always show the kids this video to introduce ice fishing to them.. good times.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEH3WrBJVZU

LacLaBicheNS
11-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh and I make a live well in the ice. Drill 5 or 6 holes about 2 feet into the ice all connected. Then drill one final hole at the end all the way through. This makes a live well so I can put any caught fish in it for a few mins so the kids can watch it swim around.

I'd would post pictues my set up and the kids but school board has policies which prevent me.

horsetrader
11-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh and I make a live well in the ice. Drill 5 or 6 holes about 2 feet into the ice all connected. Then drill one final hole at the end all the way through. This makes a live well so I can put any caught fish in it for a few mins so the kids can watch it swim around.

I'd would post pictues my set up and the kids but school board has policies which prevent me.

Sounds like this ain't your first rodeo. Great info LacLaBicheNs i'm sure any hints would be helpful.

slivers86
11-29-2011, 05:20 AM
100% with ya chubb :) I would book time off work to take some kids out to have a day on the ice :) I could probably get a few of my colleagues aswell to increase adult/kid ratio if needed :)

ogre
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds like fun, please count me in. I'd wanted to meet a lot of AO members for a while now, but had not had the chance. A take home combo suggested by Npauls is great. Chub, let me know if there's any help you need, I'll help if I can.

Rumtan
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
You can count on help from me also......so long as the date isnt Feb 19th. I have lots of stuff to help out with. Talk to any local hockey rink and ask them for all their broken hockey sticks and cut into 18" peices, notch each end and tie line to it. Thats the easiest way to get ice fishing gear for the kids. Heck ask everyone on the AO board if they have one or know someone who does have a broken stick ! The sticks are smooth and no splinters and reinforced with fiberglass and wont break. To find the kids you may want to approach inner city schools or Big Brothers or Uncles @ Large. You may find that these orginizations have their own insurance policy which will prove to be invaluable for the cause. Call me and I will help all I can from up here.

ogre
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Actually I've seen a lot of people using the Paint Mix sticks that you can get from the local paint shop like Home Depot. They are lighter and just about the right length for use inside a tent. The line can then be wrapped end-to-end, cinched together with an elastic band for storage. Most importantly, it's really cheap to prepare in bulk.

fish farmer
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
count me in.

YeeHaw
11-29-2011, 03:53 PM
"Good on ya guys'. it's awsome to see that some people are willing totake the time to teach the younger generation who dont get a chance to go fishing for whatever reason, to fish. To bad im up here or I would be there for that.

chubbdarter
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank You to all that have posted and pm'd me. Your offers to volunteer and suggestions are very valuble.
With all the promises to volunteer I have now set the liabilty issues in motion. Contact has been made to the suggested recipiants. Volunteer participation was my first issue to secure. I feared approaching any group of children first without the proper volunteers in place. I thank you all

Please give me a few days to attempt to tie up loose ends

Although not written in stone, here is the agenda so far.

ice fishing at PCR
bar b q
possible skating
a hole drilling competition for the adult....power and hand
every child will recieve a participation prize

other ideas are being discussed and i will release those when approved. Any ideas suggested in this thread will seriously be considered.

Thank You Everyone

npauls
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Let me know what kind of possible numbers there could be of children and I will see what I can do about combos. I can't say for sure but I will do my best to try and set something up.

Daceminnow
11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Would any of you like to help/participate in having a fun ice fishing day for some young people who may not have the chance to experience ice fishing.
Any thoughts?
Any ideas?

i will contribute where ever you need help with this. bbq. grub. gear. bait. you just give me the word. kids and fishing equals big time fun!

Dace

slivers86
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
i will contribute where ever you need help with this. bbq. grub. gear. bait. you just give me the word. kids and fishing equals big time fun!

Dace

x2 - I will book myself off work for the day/weekend to help make this happen, and can supply a box or two of costco burgers for all to enjoy :)

iliketrout
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Ice fishing and a BBQ at PCR? I'll keep an eye out for the hamburglar!

chubbdarter
11-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Dace, Sliver....thats amazing thank you, words cant express my appreciation for our offers.....To all of you Thank you again.
The liability insurance for the kids is in place.
Lots of details to get worked out, days just arent long enough. Sponsors, SRD,BandG, Safety, tackle, etc

some things to consider

Would anyone frown upon a small ling fry to give the kids a taste of fresh fish?

considerations for date
first weekend in Feb...maybe too cold?
second week end is out...calagry sportsman show
third weekend is out...family day and conflicts with the Make a Wish derby at Wabamum
Last week end....maybe mushy?
thoughts?

chubbdarter
11-29-2011, 09:57 PM
name it and i will help out

Puddles thank you very much for offering to donate the hot chocolate and cups for 150 people.....your kindness is appreciated muchly

WayneChristie
11-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Would anyone frown upon a small ling fry to give the kids a taste of fresh fish?

Ohhhh you mean fry a few, thought you wanted to feed them minnows :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Eddy62
11-30-2011, 05:51 AM
i will probably be busy chubb but i will donate 100 dollars to what ever you feel fit to do with it. if you want it pm me and i will send to you ,,,, txs

:sHa_shakeshout:

slivers86
11-30-2011, 01:09 PM
considerations for date
first weekend in Feb...maybe too cold?
second week end is out...calagry sportsman show
third weekend is out...family day and conflicts with the Make a Wish derby at Wabamum
Last week end....maybe mushy?
thoughts?

First weekend is fine, we never know what will be cold or not. Maybe we can talk to our good friends at WSS or other places and see if some mitt and boot warmers might be donated or discounted for this event. They are cheap ($1 per set of 2) and even at cost might be affordable with some help. Plus, we can probably get a propane heated tent of some sort going on as a warm up hut, and leave us adults out manning the bell topped fishin rods.

I'm sure the walleye at PCR would be on a feeding frenzy.

chubbdarter
11-30-2011, 07:42 PM
i will probably be busy chubb but i will donate 100 dollars to what ever you feel fit to do with it. if you want it pm me and i will send to you ,,,, txs

:sHa_shakeshout:

Everyones generousity gives a guy hope the world is still a good place.
I accept on behalf of the kids and will tell you where the monies are spent later.Im also working on volunteer prizes. But i assure you your cash will go to the kids
99% sure the date is the last saturday of Feb....Feb 25th. With a start time of 10am and a wrap up at 3pm.....food and drink provided all day.....auger competition at half time.
Its my hope that this leaves the evening and night for people to enjoy some fishing.....Wayne C might even hold a pcr burb clinic for us less experienced.

Folks im swamped with details to nail down...eg porta potties, safety etc etc.
Please dont lose excitement..i will make a official announcement soon.

And again thank you all so very much

slivers86
11-30-2011, 10:17 PM
chubb - PM me if you want me to take care of any of these things. I am off work for the next few days and can do so work to look into things to make it a bit easier for you bud :)

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
chubb - PM me if you want me to take care of any of these things. I am off work for the next few days and can do so work to look into things to make it a bit easier for you bud :)

Sliver your contribution to this thread is huge...thank you so very much.
Im waiting on final numbers at this time and will gladly accept any help you can give at that time.

I can update some good news of generousity

AO member Dago has offered up a 1 day guided sturgeon trip on the SSR for 3 people next season. This prize will be presented to a volunteer of thie event. Dago has a jet boat and as seen by pictures and stories here on AO, he is a quality angler. Thank You Dago

should it be a door prize?
should it be a toonie a ticket and donated on site back to the B@G club?
open to ideas.

We presently are communicating with the Calgary club, Airdrie club and the Diamond Valley club, DVC services Turner Valley,Nanton and Black Diamond. The smaller clubs are very interested as they dont get many offers.
I will update as soon as the numbers come in.

Because this event is tying me down to my blackberry, any of you who have volunteered please pm me your email addy and i can try keep you updated better that way....thanks

drhu22
12-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Growing up in Forest Lawn in the seventies Boys Club felt like the only place to go sometimes to hang out and for something fun to do without drugs or booze. Im sure we would have got into more trouble than we did if not for them.

These kids are teenagers who are just making their most important choices in life, and for them to see that there are people who care about them enough to invest their time and effort can be a very positive influence in their lives.

Thank you everyone...you guys are awesome!

WayneChristie
12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Ive had the pleasure of fishing with this guy a few times, quality angler, and he knows where the fish hide. I say make it 5 bucks a ticket for the draw, especially when you consider how much a guide charges for the same trip. Even 20 bucks a ticket would be a bargain. Just so you can see what you might be getting into, this is my personal best sturgeon caught while out with Dago this fall.
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/48138/2560456280106727962S600x600Q85.jpg (http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2560456280106727962lyridO)
Oh and sign me up for a ticket :sHa_shakeshout: If this event is going to happen the same weekend as the Newell Derby let us know fairly early if you can, I wont buy a derby ticket in that case. Id rather take the kids fishing. And hang around for some burbs. :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Growing up in Forest Lawn in the seventies Boys Club felt like the only place to go sometimes to hang out and for something fun to do without drugs or booze. Im sure we would have got into more trouble than we did if not for them.

These kids are teenagers who are just making their most important choices in life, and for them to see that there are people who care about them enough to invest their time and effort can be a very positive influence in their lives.

Thank you everyone...you guys are awesome!

That gives this a true and real meaning.....thank you

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Ive had the pleasure of fishing with this guy a few times, quality angler, and he knows where the fish hide. I say make it 5 bucks a ticket for the draw, especially when you consider how much a guide charges for the same trip. Even 20 bucks a ticket would be a bargain. Just so you can see what you might be getting into, this is my personal best sturgeon caught while out with Dago this fall.
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/48138/2560456280106727962S600x600Q85.jpg (http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2560456280106727962lyridO)
Oh and sign me up for a ticket :sHa_shakeshout: If this event is going to happen the same weekend as the Newell Derby let us know fairly early if you can, I wont buy a derby ticket in that case. Id rather take the kids fishing. And hang around for some burbs. :sHa_shakeshout:

Okay thats one vote to collect a fee and return all money back to the clubs.

Wayne the date will be FEB 25th....the last saturday of the month.
I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully after the event you can put on a pcr clinic for the fisherman who choose to fish later.

Thanks WC, your participation is greatly appreciated.

To all those who are concerned, I know its along way away yet and its hard to say what happens in our day to day lives. Please if you can post you can help and keep that obligation as best you can.
It can be a long process organizing all this with all parties and sponsors, so i have begun early to provide the best event possible.
Thanks to everyne

WayneChristie
12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Newell Derby should be the previous weekend, cool. I should be finished celebrating my big win by then. :sHa_shakeshout: yah right. :sign0161: Lots of good people on this forum who fish PCR, thats who I learned from, going to be some pretty happy kids that weekend. Might be an idea if someone finds cleats on sale for a good price to post it so we can grab a bunch for the kids, I know how slick it can get. I remember people making them from leather straps and bottlecaps, but those came on dinosaur milk. Hmmmm and beer bottles. :thinking-006:

npauls
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I have contacted people and asked about the combos for the kids. I am hoping to hear back soon. They will just need to know numbers whenever that becomes available.

I am also in a vote for a fee for raffle tickets for the trip with Dago in the jet boat.

This sounds like it will be a really fun time. Hopefully the weather is good and we can get all those kids into more fish then they know what to do with. :sHa_shakeshout:

npauls
12-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Newell Derby should be the previous weekend, cool. I should be finished celebrating my big win by then. :sHa_shakeshout: yah right. :sign0161: Lots of good people on this forum who fish PCR, thats who I learned from, going to be some pretty happy kids that weekend. Might be an idea if someone finds cleats on sale for a good price to post it so we can grab a bunch for the kids, I know how slick it can get. I remember people making them from leather straps and bottlecaps, but those came on dinosaur milk. Hmmmm and beer bottles. :thinking-006:

I know that princess auto always has those stretchy cleats for like $5 a pair and they have 3-4 different sizes normally.

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
discussions are on going but some indications show our numbers will be around the 100 mark. Nothing is concrete!!
The B and G club will be providing adult supervisors also.
My goal to give the kids a great day is to supply enough fisherman to act as guides .....bait hooks, tie hooks, help with technique,unhook fish, drill holes and tell good fish stories to keep them smiling.
Our most important goal is to provide the kids with a fun and safe day.
Regional CO's and Bio's will be invited. If data can be collected great, if not they can have a hot dog and some hot choco and visit.

npauls
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Ok, I don't know if they will be into donating that many combos but all I can do is ask and see what happens.

I can probably also bring some jigs or maybe put together an order from bass pro or cabelas for there in house glow jigs. They are a really good price and glow pretty good. It would keep the cost down.

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok, I don't know if they will be into donating that many combos but all I can do is ask and see what happens.

I can probably also bring some jigs or maybe put together an order from bass pro or cabelas for there in house glow jigs. They are a really good price and glow pretty good. It would keep the cost down.

Nate no matter how big or how small every donation is greatly appreciated.
Its actually come down to how many kids i can accommodate with the supplies that will be available.
I have a tough time saying No to any kid, so as long as the kids are going to be safe i will seek the equipment and other items to ensure their fun.

slivers86
12-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Chubb, with this being a volunteer event and for a good cause, are the local CO's waiving licensing for some of the kids who may fall over the 16 year mark, but under 18? Not sure age restrictions of the club.

npauls
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Nate no matter how big or how small every donation is greatly appreciated.
Its actually come down to how many kids i can accommodate with the supplies that will be available.
I have a tough time saying No to any kid, so as long as the kids are going to be safe i will seek the equipment and other items to ensure their fun.

Ya I guess if I can get even get half or 3/4's of the rods needed it will be better then nothing at all.

I am going to be out and about tomorrow so I will go talk to the manager at wholesale down here and see if they can donate anything to the cause. Maybe the line for the combos and some jigs or something that can be used at the event. I will post on this thread and let everyone know what I find out.

Thanks chubb for getting this event all organized. It will be a ton of work to get it all put together but should be a fun event for all involved.

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Chubb, with this being a volunteer event and for a good cause, are the local CO's waiving licensing for some of the kids who may fall over the 16 year mark, but under 18? Not sure age restrictions of the club.

that issue has been looked after
our primary age group may be 12 to 17....that is not written in stone yet.
Clubs in the discussion are from Turner Valley, Nanton, Black Diamond,Calgary and Airdrie. Some of the small town clubs get few offers for something like this and have shown alot of interest.

chubbdarter
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Ya I guess if I can get even get half or 3/4's of the rods needed it will be better then nothing at all.

I am going to be out and about tomorrow so I will go talk to the manager at wholesale down here and see if they can donate anything to the cause. Maybe the line for the combos and some jigs or something that can be used at the event. I will post on this thread and let everyone know what I find out.

Thanks chubb for getting this event all organized. It will be a ton of work to get it all put together but should be a fun event for all involved.

Nate if they or anyone you approach requires a agenda letter please get their emails and i will forward to them
thank you for helping

WayneChristie
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I know that princess auto always has those stretchy cleats for like $5 a pair and they have 3-4 different sizes normally.

Maybe if you get a chance you could see about a bulk discount? 100 pairs should be good for some sort of deal, if theres lots of snow cover they wont be a big deal, but it can get pretty slick down there with the breeze. Id say ask I Like Trout about kissing the ice down there, :bad_boys_20: but I kissed it myself twice in one day last weekend:sign0007: so I cant make fun of him anymore :sHa_sarcasticlol:

npauls
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Will do chubb.

Wayne I will stop by there and see what princess auto can do for us also. Maybe we can get a donation or discount from them.

youthscanfish2
12-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Will do chubb.

Wayne I will stop by there and see what princess auto can do for us also. Maybe we can get a donation or discount from them.

Hey guys...I am one of the founders of a youth charity here takes kids fishing. We have participated with one of these similar events at Pigeon Lake and the bonus was a plane flying over the lake dropping off bags of candy lol... but seriously the fishing experience and camedrie hands down is a ton of fun. Alike the Laclabiche guy, I am quite comfortable with a bunch of kids and fishing...plus the advocating for kids to come out and join in. If your interested in further having a small charity come onboard and advocate, volunteer we are interested. Our kits are for the lakes not ice fishing. Definitely a pre instructional orientation day is highly recommended.

Daceminnow
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
My goal to give the kids a great day is to supply enough fisherman to act as guides .....bait hooks, tie hooks, help with technique,unhook fish, drill holes and tell good fish stories to keep them smiling.

i can accommodate with gear and bait a dozen or so anglers. i would be happy to assist and share my ice fishing knowledge with them in the few hours allotted for the event. i also will bring both a flasher and a camera and make sure each angler gets a chance to experience fishing with electronics as well.

depending on the number of volunteers to assist directly with the anglers, it would be beneficial to limit the “guide to kid” numbers. i organized an event at PCR a couple summers ago for Fathers and Sons. as many of you know the action can be furious at times. We caught a few that evening, and i was kept hoping re-baiting rigs and assisting in releasing the entire time. we can only pray for that kind of bite on Feb 25th. having volunteers ready to assist inexperienced or first time anglers unhooking and returning fish to the water properly and as quick as possible is an essential part for any successful event.

the purposed donated sturgeon fishing trip with Dago in his jet is awesome. thanks Dago, i also would be in for buying a ticket or two for sure.

Dace

slivers86
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Dace - I would have to agree on the ratio idea - should set it around 5:1 or so, that way we can have 'pods' on the lake, maybe a circle type of deal, with a cleared space in he middle for skating if it works out okay? Ideas?

I'll try and supply burgers, and I'll see if a rental agency I know of would donate a big propane BBQ for the event, which would need to be picked up by someone with a truck/hitch (don't think ANYYYYYYYYYYY of us have those right?)

WayneChristie
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
When we had the family gathering on Gull a couple winters ago, one of the members had a wall tent set up, with a big woodstove inside, it was a great place to mingle and keep a coffee pot going. odds are it may be too windy to set one up on PCR, but if not it would be a great idea. Maybe even a couple if they are available.

chubbdarter
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks EVERYONE....contacts have been made, discussions are on going.
Thanks to Dace, Sliver, Gl2, Horsetrader, Mikeo for all your work behind the scenes. Leg work and liason work is time consumming and much appreciated. Im having minor body work done to keep this old body going and youve indeed taken alot of wieght off my shoulders...thank you.

One thing we must consider if we are to operate any electronics is every child must get a chance. Also any special HOT hooks we supply, we best have one for every child.

Every thing is progressing, maybe not as fast as i like.....lol..but its looking great.

slivers86
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Can I suggest that Roachman be our chef? C'mon roach, you proclaim to be the best :) I'd even be your wing man on the bbq :)

chubbdarter
12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Can I suggest that Roachman be our chef? C'mon roach, you proclaim to be the best :) I'd even be your wing man on the bbq :)

If man power allows that will be great....please dont be disappointed if i need every fisherman acting as a guide and have a B@G rep cooking.

Food tastes great outdoors no matter who cooks.............right?.....lol

horsetrader
12-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks EVERYONE....contacts have been made, discussions are on going.
Thanks to Dace, Sliver, Gl2, Horsetrader, Mikeo for all your work behind the scenes. Leg work and liason work is time consumming and much appreciated. Im having minor body work done to keep this old body going and youve indeed taken alot of wieght off my shoulders...thank you.

One thing we must consider if we are to operate any electronics is every child must get a chance. Also any special HOT hooks we supply, we best have one for every child.

Every thing is progressing, maybe not as fast as i like.....lol..but its looking great.

I got two marcum cams that i can bring...

And I have a Aqua vu explore 7 with a marcum panner if some one pays $150.00 or as close to it as posable i will deliver it or ship it my cost. The money is to be sent to Chub for the B&G club ice day to be use where he sees fit.

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/IMG-20111201-00068.jpg

WayneChristie
12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Ive got my brand new Aquaview 700 and it hits the ice with me every time. might bring the fish finder too, set them up so they can see them on the finder then on the camera. Jigging instructions will mean a lot more if they can actually watch the jig and see how it works when they jig it. I learned a lot last winter watching on the camera. Pretty cool watching a burb try and eat the camera too :sHa_shakeshout: or maybe Moby, Im kind of worried this camera looks maybe too realistic! good things it a 200 pound test cable. I hope one of the kids hooks a 30 pounder, that would be the highlight of their day for sure!

npauls
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
If one of the kids does hook into a 30lbser you could test out your gator noodling skills trying to get it up through the hole Wayne.

I better make sure to have the video camera ready to capture that event.

chubbdarter
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Okay i believe we can work some type of rotatation so every child gets some TV time.....i have 2 cams.

The one thing i ask is all volunteers leave their snowmobiles and quads a home, for safety reasons. Yes the kids would love a ride but safety equipment will be a huge issue.

What do you guys think of me starting a sponsor a kid thread in the Gen Section? I was considering asking 15 bucks a kid. All monies would be used at the event and books would be kept to show we did not profit. All if any left over monies will be presented to the involved clubs or to another deserving organization..eg childrens hospital
Thoughts?

npauls
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I also have a cam and flasher I could bring with.

I think that is a great idea Chub. It may help to fund what ever gear we may need to buy that isn't donated.

I tried to track down the managers at both Wholesale and Princess Auto today but was unsuccessful. I will give it another go on Monday during the day.

WayneChristie
12-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Count myself and the lady in for one each. Nate, for myself, not a chance, but if some kid does happen to hook Moby I guess I have 10 fingers, some of them dont work quite right anyways. Maybe I will invest in some kevlar gloves, the way I fillet that might be a good idea anyways. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Eddy62
12-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Okay i believe we can work some type of rotatation so every child gets some TV time.....i have 2 cams.

The one thing i ask is all volunteers leave their snowmobiles and quads a home, for safety reasons. Yes the kids would love a ride but safety equipment will be a huge issue.

What do you guys think of me starting a sponsor a kid thread in the Gen Section? I was considering asking 15 bucks a kid. All monies would be used at the event and books would be kept to show we did not profit. All if any left over monies will be presented to the involved clubs or to another deserving organization..eg childrens hospital
Thoughts?

i think thats a great idea,,,,,:sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
12-02-2011, 08:43 PM

And I have a Aqua vu explore 7 with a marcum panner if some one pays $150.00 or as close to it as posable i will deliver it or ship it my cost. The money is to be sent to Chub for the B&G club ice day to be use where he sees fit.

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/IMG-20111201-00068.jpg

WOW.....thanks HT:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

slivers86
12-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Chubb I fully support going into general forum for support. We are an entire community, not just the fishing side. I think we may find some more volunteers to come out as well :)

horsetrader
12-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Thoughts?

Ya think that would be a great idea.

Mudslide
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I will bring a raft of cameras and sonars and probably a decent amount of giveaways for the kids both big and small. You night have just created a monster here Chub. My wife is good friends with the director of the Airdrie Boys and Girls Club. I'm sure they will be all over something like this.

New Hunter Okotoks
12-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Wow,I guess I have been neglecting the fishing forum for too long! LOL!

If I am available that weekend,I will be out for sure Chubb to help in any way I can. If I am not available for whatever reason,my gear will be made available.

What a great thread.

WayneChristie
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Thoughts?

make it a sticky so it stays at the top, just a suggestion. :)

Eddy62
12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
hi chubb

my wife had this money order made up today can you pls pm me an address that i can send this too. and if you do the collections off 15 per kid im in for 2 my daughter and son want to be involved too. txs:sHa_shakeshout:sure is awesome to see everyone get involved.silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.

ps.hey wayne is going to teach kids to catch burbot.i want him to teach me i have never caught 1 off those species lol Happy Holidays everyone........:) A O Community is going to make this special for a lot off kids and big kids too.

chubbdarter
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I will bring a raft of cameras and sonars and probably a decent amount of giveaways for the kids both big and small. You night have just created a monster here Chub. My wife is good friends with the director of the Airdrie Boys and Girls Club. I'm sure they will be all over something like this.

Ive never claimed to be smart..lol
I truely believe we can tame the monster wilh generousity like your offering.
I thank you very much.

chubbdarter
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
hi chubb

my wife had this money order made up today can you pls pm me an address that i can send this too. and if you do the collections off 15 per kid im in for 2 my daughter and son want to be involved too. txs:sHa_shakeshout:sure is awesome to see everyone get involved.silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.

ps.hey wayne is going to teach kids to catch burbot.i want him to teach me i have never caught 1 off those species lol Happy Holidays everyone........:) A O Community is going to make this special for a lot off kids and big kids too.

Thank You so very much, your generousity is awesome.

chubbdarter
12-03-2011, 04:37 PM
make it a sticky so it stays at the top, just a suggestion. :)

WC....i will wait till the final numbers are in to start the thread. There is alot of contact requests out at the present time and i would like to give them a chance to respond with donations.

The B@G clubs have a huge amount of work to contact all the children and care givers before they can confirn numbers.

Thank You all for your support, I truely appreciate all the up front help and offers. To all of you working behind the scenes, i wont forget all the help...thank you.

To all the sponsors who have offered help and all the ones to come on board later.....i wish thank you's fully expressed my apprecitation.

chubbdarter
12-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow,I guess I have been neglecting the fishing forum for too long! LOL!

If I am available that weekend,I will be out for sure Chubb to help in any way I can. If I am not available for whatever reason,my gear will be made available.

What a great thread.

Thanks Buddy
You should get a real phone, or answer....lol
call you nex week, no dibs yet..i lived..ahhahhahahha

slivers86
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
hi chubb

silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.

Thanks a bunch. I'm recruiting a couple non-fishermen/women for cooks. We will chat about the meat/buns as I may be on a tight budget, but hopefully I can foot the bill :)

If I can catch a burb with beeguy around... lmao... anyone can catch a burb :)

New Hunter Okotoks
12-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks Buddy
You should get a real phone, or answer....lol
call you nex week, no dibs yet..i lived..ahhahhahahha

Here I was kinda counting on getting a bunch of free Darters for the season. Anyone got dibs on the M1000? LOL!!!

My phone is almost brand new,it's only 50 years old. I'm on a party line,3 long and 2 short. Maybe I'll get one of those new rotary phones and hang it on the MacTac in the Kitchen.

Talk to ya next week.

WayneChristie
12-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Here I was kinda counting on getting a bunch of free Darters for the season. Anyone got dibs on the M1000? LOL!!!

My phone is almost brand new,it's only 50 years old. I'm on a party line,3 long and 2 short. Maybe I'll get one of those new rotary phones and hang it on the MacTac in the Kitchen.

Talk to ya next week.

nice to see you back, thought maybe you struck oil with your auger this time and retired :bad_boys_20:

horsetrader
12-04-2011, 06:24 PM

Aqua vu is gone Thanks Andy

Daceminnow
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM

another top notch guy to help out. right on NOH, look forward to seeing you there.

Dace

chubbdarter
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone, i will base our numbers of children with the numbers who have volunteered .
Thanks everyone, ive nearly got the numerical and organizing nightmare under control.

posted on this thread as attending
Mudlide
Npauls
GL2
Wayne Christie
Horsetrader and Chester
Sliver86
Ogre
Fishfarmer
Daceminnow
Chubbdarter+ warden
+ possible wives with some of the above.

Also thanks to all who have posted ideas and are donating in other ways.

Pikecrazed
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Can I come or help in any way

chubbdarter
12-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Can I come or help in any way

You certainly may...the more fish guides i get the more happy children there will be

thank you

Thanks everyone, i will base our numbers of children with the numbers who have volunteered .
Thanks everyone, ive nearly got the numerical and organizing nightmare under control.

posted on this thread as attending
Mudlide
Npauls
GL2
Wayne Christie
Horsetrader and Chester
Sliver86
Ogre
Fishfarmer
Daceminnow
Pikecrazed
Chubbdarter+ warden
+ possible wives with some of the above.

Also thanks to all who have posted ideas and are donating in other ways.

chubbdarter
12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Aqua vu is gone Thanks Andy

Awesome generousity....thanks HorseTrader. I'll text a angel to save a spot in heavan for you,lol.

horsetrader
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Awesome generousity....thanks HorseTrader. I'll text a angel to save a spot in heavan for you,lol.

Thanks Chubb but just save me a chair at Hooters instead lol

New Hunter Okotoks
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
nice to see you back, thought maybe you struck oil with your auger this time and retired :bad_boys_20:

I'm certain that I will have the same success this year (at some point) as long as I put in the same care and attention to detail as last year!

We will have to meet up at some point again this year so that I can teach you how to shake off those hammer handles and finally catch some big pike for a change. LOL!!

New Hunter Okotoks
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
another top notch guy to help out. right on NOH, look forward to seeing you there.

Dace

I'm sure that I will see you on the ice before this event. I'm hoping to get out a bit more this year if I can.

Thanks for the compliment Dace. I know that you do more than your fair share when it comes to helping out as well.

This is going to be a great event. I am really looking forward to it.

gl2
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
thought i would give this a bump. we could still use volunteers for this good cause. thanks to everyone thats helped so far.

silverdoctor
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
New to the forum. I'm still my only child, but I love a great cause for kids. If whoever is directly involved can drop me a PM and let me know what's needed. I'll be in Kansas City til Friday and will be stocking up on ice fishing gear when I get back. Even if I can't make it, I'll have a 4 man popup that I can lend out, ice auger with a drill etc. Can throw some cash in for the cause too.

I'm in Calgary.

chubbdarter
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
New to the forum. I'm still my only child, but I love a great cause for kids. If whoever is directly involved can drop me a PM and let me know what's needed. I'll be in Kansas City til Friday and will be stocking up on ice fishing gear when I get back. Even if I can't make it, I'll have a 4 man popup that I can lend out, ice auger with a drill etc. Can throw some cash in for the cause too.

I'm in Calgary.

Thank You so very much, i will be in contact with you

chubbdarter
12-06-2011, 12:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheODRwalEw&feature=related

chubbdarter
12-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Thank you to GL2 for all your behind the scenes work.....its greatly appreciated.
Sliver thank you for constantly contacting me on how you can help...you efforts are why we will succeed.

slivers86
12-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Thank you to GL2 for all your behind the scenes work.....its greatly appreciated.
Sliver thank you for constantly contacting me on how you can help...you efforts are why we will succeed.

NP chubb. I have a lot of time on my hands working my shift rotation, so I feel I can contribute a lot!

WayneChristie
12-06-2011, 07:22 AM

I'm in Calgary.

welcome to the forum, and good on you for volunteering

gl2
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I think a big thanks to chubb is in order. Some of us are trying to help best we can but the logistics of this kind of a event is a nightmare. Lets hope the weather and the fish cooperate, so the kids have a good time.

WayneChristie
12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I think a big thanks to chubb is in order. Some of us are trying to help best we can but the logistics of this kind of a event is a nightmare. Lets hope the weather and the fish cooperate, so the kids have a good time.

X2 maybe everyone should bring their extra ice anchors, if the wind is howling we may have to tie the kids down!

Daceminnow
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM

yes. thank-you Chubb. it will all come together. you're doing a fine job thus far, no doubt. you know to holler our way at anytime for anything and we'll be there.

Dace

slivers86
12-07-2011, 12:34 AM

Very true, without chubb putting this in motion, it couldn't happen.

slivers86
12-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, the ice at PCR is worthy of a good time already, should be great by the time we get these kids out there. The burbot bite is fair, but the walleye seemed sluggish today.. hmm?

WayneChristie
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, the ice at PCR is worthy of a good time already, should be great by the time we get these kids out there. The burbot bite is fair, but the walleye seemed sluggish today.. hmm?

maybe something to do with the eclipse and full moon. hopefully the pike dont see it I want Moby tomorrow!

chubbdarter
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
update
im working on numbers at this time now amoung other details
what is confirmed is a huge and most generous donation from Mr. Gower of Normark/Rapala.
Communications are still in progress with SRD
It may be that only confirmed volunteers by a certain date and totalling 25 will be allowed to participate in this event.
Due to travel restrictions of the buses, I believe we will have the event at the boat launch where public washrooms are present.

To all who have commited to volunteering i thank you so very much.
To all donaters....words cant express my gratitude
A special thanks to Mikeo2's family, Horsetrader, GL2 and Parnavi
And last but not least....Thank you Mr.Gower and Normark/Rapala

Hopefully i will get the replies i need to fully set the event in motion. Im sorry its taking so long, but its a huge undertaking and requires some time to organize.

chubbdarter
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
If im held to the limits of fisherman volunteers, the good news is im close to filling the 25 limit.
Right or wrong im attempting to try pull this off without a General Section request to sponsor a child for the event.
I thank you all

WayneChristie
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
If im held to the limits of fisherman volunteers, the good news is im close to filling the 25 limit.
Right or wrong im attempting to try pull this off without a General Section request to sponsor a child for the event.
I thank you all

Make sure my name is on that list, I really want to help out, and hopefully spouses wont have to hide if they come along :bad_boys_20:

Mudslide
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Steve has a heart of Gold. Great work Chub.

The Fisherman Guy
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Count me in, I will be there to help where ever is necessary.

I have a tent, a manual auger and a portable ice fishing fire pit that I can bring. I will supply wood for the fire pit, and a bbq to cook up some hot dogs on the ice.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Chubb, it will definitely be a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep the kids smiling no matter what the weather will be doing.

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Make sure my name is on that list, I really want to help out, and hopefully spouses wont have to hide if they come along :bad_boys_20:

WC....your down for 2 volunteers
thank you

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Count me in, I will be there to help where ever is necessary.

I have a tent, a manual auger and a portable ice fishing fire pit that I can bring. I will supply wood for the fire pit, and a bbq to cook up some hot dogs on the ice.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Chubb, it will definitely be a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep the kids smiling no matter what the weather will be doing.

Thank you so much Buddy...

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Club numbers are starting to roll in. Im confident we will reach the 100 child limit.
SRD is providing a blanket license for all B@G children that require a license
Mr Gower of Normark/Rapala has donated teho ice outfits at a HUGE discount with line for all the children
Walleye unlimited has donated to offset the important legal issues we need to conform to.
Bill at the calgary Fishin Hole has commited to his participation to the event, that discussion is on going.
We appear to have the barbques for the cook out.
Very generous donations have been recieved from Mikeo2 and his family, Horsetrader and GL2 has generously donated alot of time and materials to the event.
The Hogslayer family has generously with the Lays company donated potato chip for all the children.
If ive missed anyone, im sorry and please advise me.
I thank you all, it has allowed me time to wade thru the huge pile of red tape

some issues open for discussion are
1-hot chocolate and cups and juice boxes
I believe 400 servings....how do we prepare and serve the hot chocolate?
2-hot dogs and buns + condiments
I think we need to be prepared to have 250 hotdogs
3-a name for the event
4-raising funds for a participation prize for all children. Im am currently working on a idea to have a fishing lure spoon(hook less) on a lanyard with a Boys and Girls club label on the spoon. I think it would be a unique medal
5-smelt
Would 8 big bags of smelt from Super Store be enough?

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 04:25 PM
>__________ proudly presents the 1st annual Boys and Girls Club Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> Walleye Unlimited will have addressed the CFE issues if there is any.
>Walleye Unlimited will look after all licensing issues
> No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted.
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> All participants will follow the Regulations of the Alberta Government
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
>No snowmobiles or quads will be allowed for the childrens safety
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 2-POSSIBLE SKATING, ICE DEPENDANT
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 5-FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
>All fishing guide volunteers will be asked to bring Tip Ups if possible
> I have received a few contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
> All fisherman unaware of the event will be treated with respect.
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>
> TAKE A KID FISHING AND FISHING LIVES FOREVER

I am open to suggestions and modifications but please realize some of my decisions are bound by the legallities that have been made aware to me in my investigations.

thank you all

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
im in discussion trying to raise the volunteer limit if possible

The Fisherman Guy
12-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Sounds great Chubb, I believe you have covered most of it in your review of the event.

I will see about getting a large enough BBQ for the day. NOV has a large trailer BBQ that I will inquire about borrowing for the day, which will be large enough to accomodate 500 hot dogs if need be. They typically don't ask for any cash for rental, just that the propane tank is returned full. They have been very helpful in the past, so I am confident that they will be kind enough to help this event out and keep some fuel in the bellies of the little fishing fiends!

Can you please forward the sponsor package to me Chubb so that I can see about getting some other sponsors involved, such as NOV.

Depending on the wind, I will bring my wall tent as a shelter. Difficult to count on though as the wind down there can come up in an instant, and the tent itself could be dangerous. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Spread the word! This will be an awesome time to get kids into some fish, and introduce the sport to new anglers.

WayneChristie
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
we will need water as well for the hot chocolate, and perhaps we could do up some coffee for the adults as well. I have a couple tipups, a gas auger, as well as a hand auger, tent and heater for warming up and watching the fish camera. can definitely scare up some minnows as well. The washrooms are pretty barebones, might be a good idea to have some hand sanitizer available as well and maybe more TP? .
maybe the kids can have a bit of a competition to come up with an event name?

slivers86
12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Sounds great chubb. This is all working out great.

x2 on the idea of giving the kids a chance to name the event. Would be fun for them :)

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Sounds great Chubb, I believe you have covered most of it in your review of the event.

I will see about getting a large enough BBQ for the day. NOV has a large trailer BBQ that I will inquire about borrowing for the day, which will be large enough to accomodate 500 hot dogs if need be. They typically don't ask for any cash for rental, just that the propane tank is returned full. They have been very helpful in the past, so I am confident that they will be kind enough to help this event out and keep some fuel in the bellies of the little fishing fiends!

Can you please forward the sponsor package to me Chubb so that I can see about getting some other sponsors involved, such as NOV.

Depending on the wind, I will bring my wall tent as a shelter. Difficult to count on though as the wind down there can come up in an instant, and the tent itself could be dangerous. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Spread the word! This will be an awesome time to get kids into some fish, and introduce the sport to new anglers.

Call you tomorrow buddy....thank you

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
we will need water as well for the hot chocolate, and perhaps we could do up some coffee for the adults as well. I have a couple tipups, a gas auger, as well as a hand auger, tent and heater for warming up and watching the fish camera. can definitely scare up some minnows as well. The washrooms are pretty barebones, might be a good idea to have some hand sanitizer available as well and maybe more TP? .
maybe the kids can have a bit of a competition to come up with an event name?

good ideas WC
T.P. and sanitizer added to list

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Sounds great chubb. This is all working out great.

x2 on the idea of giving the kids a chance to name the event. Would be fun for them :)

Thank you Sliver for all your work.....the fact you full filled the St Johns Ambulance equivilant, with a full blown medical professional is HUGE.

Thank you all for taking on jobs for a great event

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 06:58 PM
anyone who is attempting to canvas for this event ...please contact me so we dont double up.
p.s. we are also restricted how we represent the event while solicitiing

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
>Volunteers and Sponsors proudly present the 1st Annual Boys and Girls Club Icefishing Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
> I have received a few contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>

I am open to suggestions and modifications but please realize some of my decisions are bound by the legallities that have been made aware to me in my investigations.

thank you all

I have come to realize there is no time to decide a Name....some companies will require substantial time to decide their involvment.
So there it is.....simple and to the point.
I remind everyone, the time frame is short for a event done properly and legally.

Big Turk
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice work chub! This event looks great! I don't know who's gonna be more excited...you guys or the kids :) You still looking for a few more volunteers and ex-paramedics to help fish and cook?

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice work chub! This event looks great! I don't know who's gonna be more excited...you guys or the kids :) You still looking for a few more volunteers and ex-paramedics to help fish and cook?

Yes im looking for a few more good people to help on the ice. Extra medical staff is always good......gawd knows what Wayne Christy's injuries will be like.

Anyone who volunteers please post total numbers your bringing.
Please try your best to keep your commitment as i will have to cap the numbers of volunteers and if people cancel it presents a potential issue on what ive planned for.

thank You

Big Turk
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Two volunteers rain or shine. Possibly four.

WayneChristie
12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Chub I tried to get my ice fishing injuries out of the way the first time I went out this year, managed to fall twice and bruise both hips, figure I should be ok til spring now!:sHa_sarcasticlol: Sounds like a good idea, having a paramedic cook, or did you have to take paramedic training because of your cooking Turk? :scared0018:

Jack&7
12-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Chub...

As a firefighter/EMT, I would also like to get involved. I have also thought of something else that might help. Our REMAX office here in Cochrane has a HUGE inflatable shelter that would be great for a HQ/cookshack out on the ice. I know ATCO gas also has one as we have used it for special events we (CFD) have done with them and it is awesome. Easily 20x30 feet in size. They also have huge gas powered grills which are available for public use.

Let me know your thoughts and I can get in touch with the people who control this stuff. Maybe ATCO or REMAX would be willing to get on board. If you have some materials to present, I can give it a shot in sweet talking one or both of them to see if they will be willing to help.

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Chub...

As a firefighter/EMT, I would also like to get involved. I have also thought of something else that might help. Our REMAX office here in Cochrane has a HUGE inflatable shelter that would be great for a HQ/cookshack out on the ice. I know ATCO gas also has one as we have used it for special events we (CFD) have done with them and it is awesome. Easily 20x30 feet in size. They also have huge gas powered grills which are available for public use.

Let me know your thoughts and I can get in touch with the people who control this stuff. Maybe ATCO or REMAX would be willing to get on board. If you have some materials to present, I can give it a shot in sweet talking one or both of them to see if they will be willing to help.

Wow that steps the event up big time
can you please pm me your phone number so we can discuss liabilities etc. i will try call you tomorrow or when ever is convienient for you.
Im not trying to be a party popper but as you can imagine when dealing with kids there is a legal and liabilty nightmare to wade thru.

What im using as a intro letter is the amended agenda letter i posted above...the one where the events name is annouced.

The Fisherman Guy is in charge of organizing the cooking equipment so i will touch base with him on barbques.

Last but not least thank you for volunteering to help guide kids on the ice

chubbdarter
12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
ive got a few pm's asking whats the volunteer cap mean

simply if your not on the list to assist the kids with fishing you just cant participate. PCR is a public place so yes - anyone can observe.
We will mark all registered volunteers some how and those marked volunteers will have to police who has contact with the children or event activities. Before anyone flames me.....i didnt make that rule and i hope everyone respects it now and event day.

as of right now i have this list from AO
Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Wayne Christy and his Warden
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
Chubb (+2)

Yes there is another list of people with no forum names.

thanks to you all

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 12:04 AM
amended in red
>Volunteers and Sponsors proudly present the 1st Annual Boys and Girls Club Icefishing Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> NO SMOKING will be allowed amoungst the Children by our volunteers, a smoking area will be designated.....down wind
>
>
>
>
>
>

thank you all

slivers86
12-14-2011, 01:57 AM
I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 03:36 AM
[QUOTE=slivers86;1206833]I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.[/QUOTE

Noice work. Thanks sliver
Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
GL2 has secured from a annonmous donator
400- cups
1000- napkins
400- servings of hot chocolate
400- servings of ice tea
400-stir sticks
Thank You GL2 for all you have done, your effort on this matter plus the enormous help youve provided on other crucial matters is priceless. I will not forget your contributions.

AlbertaAngler
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
If the volunteer cap is raised or if you have cancellations count me in. I can bring a tent, heater and at least one camera and bunch of ice rods. I have one new rod combo that I can donate as a prize.

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
If the volunteer cap is raised or if you have cancellations count me in. I can bring a tent, heater and at least one camera and bunch of ice rods. I have one new rod combo that I can donate as a prize.

AA we are close to the cap .
I gladly accept your participation in the event...please post the number of people you will be bringing to volunteer
thank You very much for your time and the prize

AlbertaAngler
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I gladly accept your participation in the event...please post the number of people you will be bringing to volunteer

Just me.

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Just me.

No such thing a "just me"
your contribution is very generous and i thank you and that goes to All involved wether its time or donations....this simply cant happen with out All of you.
Thanks will never be enough, Im sure the smiles on the Children will be repayment enough

Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7+ Girlfriend
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all

WayneChristie
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.

dont forget to feed her and change her water daily, its a long time til february :bad_boys_20:

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
GL2 has now secured Drinks and Cups from Macdonalds
what can i say GL2.....i owe you a winter of secret walleye spots with chubb quality bait

chubbdarter
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
updated agenda
please excuse my poor writing techniques

>Sponsors and Volunteers proudly presents the 1st annual Boys and Girls Club Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>This event will envolve approximately 100 children and 50 adult volunteers
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice. All allergies that the Children may have is the responsibilty of the Boys and Girl club's supervisors.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G <mailto:B@G> clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> No Smoking amoung the children will be allowed, a smoking area will be designated
> No pictures can be publically posted without permission
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> I have received numerous contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

slivers86
12-15-2011, 12:39 AM
dont forget to feed her and change her water daily, its a long time til february :bad_boys_20:

Oh, I will... unfortunately, her hubby will probably fish the lake elsewhere during the derby :)

Daceminnow
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM

my lovely wife will be attending as well to lend a hand where needed. i will also bring at least a dozen rigged tip-ups if some of the other guys need to utilize any my group isn't using.

Dace

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Shimano Canada has commited their involvement to the event now

Zebco/Qauntum has commited their involvement to the event now

Last but not least a AO member who chooses to remain anounymous has offered to donate 500 dollars to the event.....words cant express my gratitude enough. It is needed for expenses and will be a make such a difference

Huge THANK YOU

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 04:45 PM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/untitledbkjdnkndnd.png

here is the first prototype of the participation award for the children
i was unable to find a medal i liked, so i have come up with plan B.
With GL2 and his Wife we have designed a unique award. A gold spoon with custom logo attached to a fishing lanyard.

swampdoc
12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/untitledbkjdnkndnd.png

here is the first prototype of the participation award for the children
i was unable to find a medal i liked, so i have come up with plan B.
With GL2 and his Wife we have designed a unique award. A gold spoon with custom logo attached to a fishing lanyard.

Awesome looking award.

npauls
12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Looks good to me.

So what do we still need for gear to be donated? I am still waiting for a couple store managers to get back to me. I think I may pay them another visit tomorrow and see what's up.

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
my lovely wife will be attending as well to lend a hand where needed. i will also bring at least a dozen rigged tip-ups if some of the other guys need to utilize any my group isn't using.

Dace

Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow + lovely wife
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7+ Girlfriend
Hogslayer+ Son
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
The Fisherman Guy has generously donated the Propane for the Barbques

thanks buddy and thanks for taking organizing duties too

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Looks good to me.

So what do we still need for gear to be donated? I am still waiting for a couple store managers to get back to me. I think I may pay them another visit tomorrow and see what's up.

I could use at least 12 of the cheap plastic ice scoops for kids to share and clean their own holes.
5 gallon buckets for kids with no lawn chairs, or carpet pieces to kneel on.

and a few more cash donations to cover other expenses.

For a 1st annual and for its size, we are looking very good.

It seems like there is no need to worry as its months away but the fact is many aspects of a event require months of preparation. Especially dealing with larger companies and the delivery of items.

Soon i will need to shut down all furthur ideas and sponsorship so a solid event agenda can be put in place. Last minute ideas will just confuse the event. Those new ideas can sure be injected next year.

npauls
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Ok I will see what I can do and let you know.

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Almost all legal issues have finally been dealt with, with a stack of paper work being stamped "passed" or "accepted"
The remaining paper work is in processing with nothing being in limbo waiting for approval.
SRD is still in conversation. Its my hope they will involve some sort of fish study.....it would be educational for young and old.

Bait, sanitary, along with items mentioned above still need to be sorted out.

WayneChristie
12-15-2011, 07:25 PM
we will take care of the sanitizer and grab a big pack of TP, wifes hitting costco this weekend . going to see if I can find some decent size minnows Sunday as well, and have a whole lotta smaller ones I will bring. cant find decent smelts in this neighborhood

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Huge thank you to "ogre" for supporting the event with 250.00. From the kids and me...thank you so very much. Your generousity will not be forgotten, words are just not enough

as a note

All cash collected will be used for this event to make it the most safe enjoyable day possible for the kids. In the event we have money left over, the excess money will go to either the Childrens Hospital in Calgary or the Make a Wish Foundation Ice Derby at Wabumum Lake. When the time comes the cash donators will decide.

Its my hope that this event grows for next year and i will set up proper banking and partner with a non profit society to add professionalism.
For this year i will collect and keep a full ledger of monies with reciepts and that info will be posted for all to see after the event.

Thank you everyone

chubbdarter
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
we will take care of the sanitizer and grab a big pack of TP, wifes hitting costco this weekend . going to see if I can find some decent size minnows Sunday as well, and have a whole lotta smaller ones I will bring. cant find decent smelts in this neighborhood

Thank You WC....the power of people that group together is a wonderful thing.
Please thank the wife also.......for helping with all this. And send her my sympathy for being with YOU...lol

Thanks wayne....i look forward to fishing with you

WayneChristie
12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Thank You WC....the power of people that group together is a wonderful thing.
Please thank the wife also.......for helping with all this. And send her my sympathy for being with YOU...lol

Thanks wayne....i look forward to fishing with you

she gets sympathy from most people who meet us :sHa_sarcasticlol: I must have done something right sometime, with my memory I just cant remember what it was :( I am really looking forward to starting a whole new generation of fishing addicts!

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Jims Jigs has stepped up big time and donated the jigs for the event.

thank you jim's jigs

The Fisherman Guy
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
This event is gaining momentum daily, thank you to our sponsors and everyone who has offered their help! A big thank you to our event coordinator, Chubbdarter for taking the lead and putting this event together for the kids.

As a reminder for those who are bringing items for use, not for donation;
If you are bringing your auger, rods, etc.. Please remember to clearly label your items with your identification to alleviate confusion when the event is over to ensure what you brought is returned to you.

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks again TFG for taking on some of the work load.

M@M Meats has provided a awesome deal on the hotdogs needed
Thank you M@M.

As the list goes so far

smelts from superstore will be purchased with the generous donations

still needed are
Hotdog buns and condiments....i have a few requests out but no replies as of yet.

If any of you can think of other items we need please post so we can find solutions.

Thanks everyone

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
as previously discussed about prizes donated for volunteers, it was decided we will make it draw prizes for a fiver or a tooney. therefore i will obtain a gaming license for the event to keep it legal.

At this time we have a awesome sturgeon trip for 3 with Dago on the SSR in his jetboat

Hopefully the money wont be used because we are in arrears and passed onto a good cause..e.g. make a wish..etc etc.

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
as you know funds are really tight.....mostly because Chubb has created a monster....lol.....seriously it looked small and innocent when i started all this.
heres the question i have

Although i appriciate most volunteers expect nothing in return because thats the nature of the who you are.
I feel a gesture of appreciation is needed. Would a framed group picture of everyone be....okay?
No gift can say how much i appreciate what your all doing, but it can hang as a reminder of my thanks.

All donators and sponsors will recieve that gift also.

Every Donation...big or small is HUGE and i thank you all

comments?

npauls
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Ya I think a framed thank you picture would be a good thing to give to all the sponsors of the event. The businesses can hang them up in the store showing their support for local events. Customers really do appreciate it when they see a store they shop at helping around the community.

AlbertaAngler
12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
as you know funds are really tight.....mostly because Chubb has created a monster....lol.....seriously it looked small and innocent when i started all this.
heres the question i have

Although i appriciate most volunteers expect nothing in return because thats the nature of the who you are.
I feel a gesture of appreciation is needed. Would a framed group picture of everyone be....okay?
No gift can say how much i appreciate what your all doing, but it can hang as a reminder of my thanks.

All donators and sponsors will recieve that gift also.

Every Donation...big or small is HUGE and i thank you all

comments?

Like you said expected? No
Appreciated? Yes
I'm fine with nothing knowing I helped a little, but the picture would be nice. I would hang it proudly

WayneChristie
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I think a group picture will have to be a panoramic shot, with the smiles that will be on the volunteers faces! Make it 5 bucks for the draw, or even 20. Ive fished with Dago in his boat, believe me any amount would be well worth it! Nothing like blasting through shallow water at speed, wind in your face and white knuckled, then anchoring and relaxing waiting for a whiskering. :shark: and if you get whiskered and hook up get set for the ride of your life!!!! Sturgeon rule!!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I think a group picture will have to be a panoramic shot, with the smiles that will be on the volunteers faces! Make it 5 bucks for the draw, or even 20. Ive fished with Dago in his boat, believe me any amount would be well worth it! Nothing like blasting through shallow water at speed, wind in your face and white knuckled, then anchoring and relaxing waiting for a whiskering. :shark: and if you get whiskered and hook up get set for the ride of your life!!!! Sturgeon rule!!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

WC....i respect your comments now and previous, therefore im obtaining the gaming license.

When all the smoke clears im positve there will be a few donations that are appropriate for volunteer prizes.
Any donations that dont cover each and every child may end up in this pool.

A framed pictue it is, thanks to all for commenting. Onward we go.

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Wayne as im unfamiliar with the chunk of smelt on a jig technique i must ask
How many pieces of bait do you get from a average 5 inch smelt?
This will help me determine how many 8 dollar big bags i need to get from the SuperStore
thanks

WayneChristie
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I usually cut them in 4 pieces for the walleye. depends on how big they are, you usually only need an inch or maybe a bit more. I layer them and salt them as well, keeps them on a bit longer.

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I usually cut them in 4 pieces for the walleye. depends on how big they are, you usually only need an inch or maybe a bit more.

Thanks WC
I hate to run out of bait.......the fear of 200 angry eyes staring at me if i announced at 2pm ...." okay funs over im out of bait".....gives me nightmares

do you use them frozen or thawed?

WayneChristie
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks WC
I hate to run out of bait.......the fear of 200 angry eyes staring at me if i announced at 2pm ...." okay funs over im out of bait".....gives me nightmares

if the eyes will eat sticklebacks I have a few of them hanging around and Im thinking of dropping my minnow traps in a certain place this Sunday, might be able to scare up a few more. I dont think we will run out of bait. Im sure a couple more people could pick up some smelts too, I will if I run into any, scarce pickings for them around here. I usually just keep my baitbag on the ice, so they tend to get soft enough to hook in the tent.

chubbdarter
12-16-2011, 06:17 PM
if the eyes will eat sticklebacks I have a few of them hanging around and Im thinking of dropping my minnow traps in a certain place this Sunday, might be able to scare up a few more. I dont think we will run out of bait. Im sure a couple more people could pick up some smelts too, I will if I run into any, scarce pickings for them around here. I usually just keep my baitbag on the ice, so they tend to get soft enough to hook in the tent.

SuperStore has lots..im just not sure what we need.
I fear if all the kids arent useing the same bait, a issue could arise.

chubbdarter
12-17-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks goes out big time to Ogre for delivering as promised the donation of 250.00 today.....i look forward to fishing with you Ogre

WayneChristie
12-19-2011, 07:43 PM
How are you doing with the volunteer cap, are we there yet?

slivers86
12-19-2011, 08:13 PM
One thing we need, is the hot dogs and hot dog buns. I am currently attempting to get sponsorship from a local grocer who is very involved in community events. If anyone is interested in securing these items as well, please PM me so we don't overlap.

Slivers.

-Also- to all you manual auger people... the arms are getting strong... whos in for the manual auger challange?

gl2
12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
One thing we need, is the hot dogs and hot dog buns. I am currently attempting to get sponsorship from a local grocer who is very involved in community events. If anyone is interested in securing these items as well, please PM me so we don't overlap.

Slivers.

-Also- to all you manual auger people... the arms are getting strong... whos in for the manual auger challange?

good stuff slivers. i have been working on other areas but will soon turn to hot dogs and buns. i will give High River businesses a try first. I think anybody who is canvassing for this event get a hold of chubb before he/she starts. he knows exacly whats needed and who is on it. looks like its gonna be a great event for the kids. thanks to everybody thats helping.

The Fisherman Guy
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
How are you doing with the volunteer cap, are we there yet?

With the outstanding support of likeminded outdoorsmen, we are 4 volunteers away from maximum capacity.

chubbdarter
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks to everyone helping me the last few days while im under the weather...much appreciated.

some things needed yet but for a first year event things are looking okay....some items , some cash and a few volunteers still needed.

i expect most thing will go in limbo over the holidays and then we will be on a mad dash to the finnish.

1 question for the volunteers to mull over concerning the draw prizes

Should all the donations that CANT provide every child a prize be a draw prize for the volunteers?
i will secure the gaming license

10(20?) bucks a ticket for a chance to pick a prize from the pile....first ticket gets first pick.....eg the first ticket holder can take Dago's Sturgeon Trip, and so on and so on. i expect many other items like tools, rods and reels etc etc

because the event is cash tight the money could maybe go to photos and frames for sponsors and volunteers

WayneChristie
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
We would be happy to put 20 a piece for tickets, but honestly, I and my lady arent in this for prizes, helping another generation discover the joys of fishing is payment enough for me. Hope you are feeling better Chub.

The Fisherman Guy
12-20-2011, 10:51 PM
We would be happy to put 20 a piece for tickets, but honestly, I and my lady arent in this for prizes, helping another generation discover the joys of fishing is payment enough for me. Hope you are feeling better Chub.

Wayne, you hit the nail on the head sir and again have shown us what this board is all about. I agree with you, and would be happy to contribute $20 dollars for the cause.

I am just throwing this out there... With the overwhelming support from the board here, in exchange for a small donation, how about a banner with sponsors names on display at the event?

slivers86
12-21-2011, 01:20 AM

x3 - prizes are a bonus, the look on a kids face when they get their first fish is priceless :)

chubbdarter
12-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Fully appreciate the comments guys and know your hearts and inttentions are always in the right place. I will be proud to fish with all you volunteers and sponsors.
The fact is we are getting some singular donations...e.g. rod and reel, because there isnt enough for all 100 children we need to utlilize those much appreciated prizes in other ways that benifit the event.
The sponsors of those prizes fully realize also that without volunteers a kids fun day isnt possible. So they are happy to see a token of appreciation go a volunteers way.
All you volunteers are giving time, vehicle wear an tear and fuel.....repayment isnt possible, but a token of thanks looks possible and realistic at this time.
I wish the event wasnt cash tight so that we could just give them away but facts are as you can imagine, lots of little and big items to hold a event for 100 children and 50 adults has unexpected costs. So in fairness i think the 20 buck buy in to win from a pile of prizes that are all worth between 25 and 350 dollars is fair and sensible...its my hope there is a prize for every volunteer by time im done canvassing.

As ive stated before if our cash situation changes and the funds arent needed to buy enlargements and frames for sponsors appreciation gifts, then we can spread our wings and make even more kids smile with a donation to the Make a Wish derby by Rumtun.

With the grace of god ,if im able to organize this next year i will do many things differently and eliminate alot of the problems ive had this year.

I thank you all who have helped with volunteering or sponsoring. YOU ALL MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A FISHERMAN AND I'D BE PROUD TO FISH WITH ANYONE OF YOU ANY DAY. YOU HAVE ALL STEPPED UP BIG TIME AND WILL MAKE A DAY THAT THE KIDS WILL NEVER FORGET.

New Hunter Okotoks
12-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Hey Chubb,the wife and I are still willing to volunteer if there's room. She is more than happy to come out and volunteer and will make sure that she has the day off. She's a nurse at The Children's Hospital ICU and is happy to fill any medical responsible role that may exist.

You'll be out again to organize this next year;I'm sure of it.

NHO.

chubbdarter
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey Chubb,the wife and I are still willing to volunteer if there's room. She is more than happy to come out and volunteer and will make sure that she has the day off. She's a nurse at The Children's Hospital ICU and is happy to fill any medical responsible role that may exist

NHO.

1-Mudslide
2-Npauls
3-GL2
4-GL2's wife
1114-14-13-5-Wayne Christy
6-Wayne Christy's wife
7-Horsetrader
8-Chesterfield
9-Slivers86
10-Slivers86's nurse
11-Ogre
12-Fish Farmer
13-Daceminnow
14-Daceminnow's wife
15-Dago
16-The Fisherman Guy
17-Mikeo2
18-Big Turk
19-Big Turks friend
20-Jack@7
21-Jack@7's Girlfriend
22-Hogslayer
23-Hogslayer's son
24-Dan Foss
25-AlbertaAngler
26-NHO
27-NHO's wife
28-Chubb
29-Chubbs warden
30-Chubbs daughter

thanks to you all

Please review the list if there are mistakes please inform me. It is very important that all volunteers are on the list to comply with legalities, anyone not listed will not be allowed to participate.

For anyone wishing to donate a prize, please inform me and make arrangements for it to be sent to me. In order to comply with the gaming permit I must inventory and declare all prizes with a disclosure of its full net worth. Any prizes brought to the event without proper documentation may not be allowed to be presented as a draw prize.

Thanks everyone

Willowtrail
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Wish I could help out Chubb but won't be mobile enough to commit. I'll see what I can do to pitch in from here and send it down with Trader. I do have a couple of propane deep fryers if you need for any cooking. French fries or boiling water. Let me know if they would be of use. One is a deep pot sized for turkey and the other is shallow for fish. Let me know if you would be able to use or not.

The Fisherman Guy
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your contribution Willowtrail, I am certain we could use your deep fryers for heating water for hot chocolate. Running two in tandem will ensure we don't ever run out of hot water for the kids and parents warm hot chocolates!

This is truly highlighting the core morals of Alberta's Outdoorsmen. A man who is laid up with injury, during the Christmas season, is still able to fond a way to help out. Thank you!

I will correspond with you via PM to make the necessary arrangements and provide you with additional information.

Willowtrail
12-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Thank you for your contribution Willowtrail, I am certain we could use your deep fryers for heating water for hot chocolate. Running two in tandem will ensure we don't ever run out of hot water for the kids and parents warm hot chocolates!

This is truly highlighting the core morals of Alberta's Outdoorsmen. A man who is laid up with injury, during the Christmas season, is still able to fond a way to help out. Thank you!

I will correspond with you via PM to make the necessary arrangements and provide you with additional information.

This forum is whats keeping me sane right now. I'm always in contact with Horsetrader so the 3 of us can arrange for him to bring them down. I'll be able to drive again in the new year so I can drop off to Horse.

chubbdarter
12-21-2011, 02:51 PM
thanks WT for the awesome contribution.....have a great holiday season and best wishes getting well

Thanks TFG for being the tent and equipment manager...much appreciated

slivers86
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM

1-Mudslide
2-Npauls
3-GL2
4-GL2's wife
6-Wayne Christy's wife
7-Horsetrader
8-Chesterfield
9-Slivers86
10-Slivers86's nurse
11-Ogre
12-Fish Farmer
13-Daceminnow
14-Daceminnow's wife
15-Dago
16-The Fisherman Guy
17-Mikeo2
18-Big Turk
19-Big Turks friend
20-Jack@7
21-Jack@7's Girlfriend
22-Hogslayer
23-Hogslayer's son
24-Dan Foss
25-AlbertaAngler
26-NHO
27-NHO's wife
28-Chubb
29-Chubbs warden
30-Chubbs daughter
31- Slivers86 - friend

thanks to you all

Please review the list if there are mistakes please inform me. It is very important that all volunteers are on the list to comply with legalities, anyone not listed will not be allowed to participate.

For anyone wishing to donate a prize, please inform me and make arrangements for it to be sent to me. In order to comply with the gaming permit I must inventory and declare all prizes with a disclosure of its full net worth. Any prizes brought to the event without proper documentation may not be allowed to be presented as a draw prize.

Thanks everyone

---

POSTED FOR CHUBB :fighting0030:

gl2
12-21-2011, 11:00 PM
the volunteer cap has now been met. a huge thanks goes out to all of you that are helping. if for any reason anyone that has volunteered cant make it please send myself or chubb a pm and we will make arrangements for your spot to be filled by someone else. this is shaping up to be a great event, and one these kids will never forget.

chubbdarter
12-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Canadian Sportsman shows has jumped in big time with 50 full size rod and reel combos. These combos will be presented to the attending clubs after the event to put into their club inventory. The combos will be used on their summer camping trips and fishing outtings. Thank You Pam, your generousity will help the children satisfy their craving to fish after the ice event and winter are over.

Daceminnow has contacted the Okotoks Home Depot and the manager Doug has most generously donated 6 screwdriver sets for draw prizes......thanks Dace, Doug and Home depot.

Last but not least, Huge thanks to Mikeo and his Family for making a large contribution that fills a enormous void . Thanks is just not enough for all Mike and his Family have done.....Thanks Buddy.

As we approach the holiday season the dealings and discussions will probably slow to a crawl and rev back up again on our final push to the event day.
I thank all of you who have helped in any aspect of the event. I will insure all orders are placed to give recieving goods in time possible in the mean time.

Happy Holidays Everyone, may you and your families have a safe and festive season.

Chubbdarter

npauls
12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
I won't be getting an answer from the places I have spoken with until after the holidays.

I am hoping they will both be on board and donate something.

I can't wait to get out there and get all the kids into a mess of fish and meet all the other volunteers that are working hard to make this event happen.

Jack&7
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Chubbdarter...

Just an update for you. I have conversed with Fisherman Guy and we are working on the tent situation. I hope to hear something by tomorrow but it might be too late as I am sure the office staff at ATCO is done for the holidays. We may have to wait until the new year, but I am very optimistic. I don't think the gas grills will be a prob either. I also have a turkey deep fryer we could use to make a huge pot of hot chocolate as well.

I will keep you guys up to date as soon as I hear something..

Merry Christmas to all!

chubbdarter
12-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Chubbdarter...

Just an update for you. I have conversed with Fisherman Guy and we are working on the tent situation. I hope to hear something by tomorrow but it might be too late as I am sure the office staff at ATCO is done for the holidays. We may have to wait until the new year, but I am very optimistic. I don't think the gas grills will be a prob either. I also have a turkey deep fryer we could use to make a huge pot of hot chocolate as well.

I will keep you guys up to date as soon as I hear something..

Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you J@7 for working on critical elements of the the event....patience over the holidays is required.
That pot is also a important piece of equipment to keep the food and beverage system flowing at top speed.
With you and TFG working on this part of the event..i have nothing but faith and trust all will be well. I cant tell you both how gratefull i am for your participation, not long ago i was near losing my mind with duties and up to 3 am every night doing communications. You both have lightened my load tremendously.
Thanks

Jiffy10
12-23-2011, 10:27 AM
when you get a date firmed up .... let us know..

I can bring a drill and punch holes .... I also have a couple of fold up tables
a heaters etc. I have rods and whatever kids need.

just wondering if anyone thought of the Porta-poties thing .

maybe we can get a few lined up prior to .......

chubbdarter
12-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I won't be getting an answer from the places I have spoken with until after the holidays.

I am hoping they will both be on board and donate something.

I can't wait to get out there and get all the kids into a mess of fish and meet all the other volunteers that are working hard to make this event happen.

Npauls, sorry for my ignorance. Just so im up to speed are you working hard on something that we are not aware of?..............thanks

chubbdarter
12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
when you get a date firmed up .... let us know..

I can bring a drill and punch holes .... I also have a couple of fold up tables
a heaters etc. I have rods and whatever kids need.

just wondering if anyone thought of the Porta-poties thing .

maybe we can get a few lined up prior to .......

Thank you for posting but please read the entire thread and many of your questions will be answered

p.s. porta potties are still being discussed, most likely the public washrooms will be sufficent.

npauls
12-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Npauls, sorry for my ignorance. Just so im up to speed are you working hard on something that we are not aware of?..............thanks

Just trying to get a few places down here to donate some stuff. Nothing big really just whatever they are willing to donate.

Dale S
12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey Chubb hate to put more work your way.But do you have a ruff agenda what the AO volunteers will need to do that day.We should start a count of the # of augers that are going to be there.

WayneChristie
12-23-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a 9 inch gas and an 8 inch manual auger I will bring, to start the list. Plus 4 man warm up tent and heater as well

npauls
12-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I have an 8 inch gas auger. I don't have a tent though. Just a single man flip over and a really heavy home made 2 man plywood hut.

chubbdarter
12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey Chubb hate to put more work your way.But do you have a ruff agenda what the AO volunteers will need to do that day.We should start a count of the # of augers that are going to be there.

Hey Dago no problem

I wanted to wait to alittle later so we can assign duties to people who reconfirm their participation, like any event i expect no shows or people cancelling.

But a Rough agenda is a good idea for discussion. A firm highly detailed letter to volunteers will be made closer to event day.

TFG is in charge of the tent and cook house facilities so He will assign a EARLY to show gang to set up the necessary equipment.

A another EARLY to show team will be asked to drill and clean holes. My initial thoughts are to ask guys with 8 inch power augers to bring their augers. I feel a 8 inch hole is much safer than anything larger. The team will need to drill in a grid pattern to accomodate tents with cameras, tip up holes and holes for kids to fish from. I expect we will require 150 holes. I want the holes to be a mix of tip up holes, tent / camera rotation holes and regular kids fishing holes. Its hard at this time to draw out the grid without knowing who is really showing up and who will bring tents, cameras and tip ups.
Its been discussed that a Day before team be made to drill the grid the day before and sleep on the ice.....depending on temps and refreeze situation.
Biggest priority is to look like a cool in control group when those buses pull in at 10 am, with tents and cameras set up. I want all tip ups next to holes but not fishing. I want all the kids ice outfits laying next to the holes ready to fish. All fishing outfits are provided by Normark Canada and a very generous donater who wants his name unprinted.
We will have a bait station set up and all fishing guides will carry a bag of cutbait. All fishing volunteers will be provided a unique high visibility cap so the kids can easily itentify us.
I ask all fishing guide volunteers to bring pliers for releasing fish.
Sliver86 is bringing volunteers for the food serving and preparation. All food servers will be required to wear latex gloves. This facility will be open from 10 am to closing at 3pm and food and beverages will always be available
Our goal is safety first and second that all kids catch a fish and have fun. Special consideration will be given to those kids not catching fish with their ice rods to have priority to tip ups with flags up.

At he closing of the event participation prizes will be given to the kids and gifts will be given to the clubs.
Group pictures and good byes are said.

All teams will then cleanup and tear down, till the place is spotless. With 40 volunteers i expect this wont take long.

Draw prizes for volunteers and a possible burger or beef on the bun apprecitaion supper is in dicusssion now.

So as a summary, i need all guides to bring pliers and many lawn chairs as possible.Those wishing to provide tents and cameras for the kids pleasure will be asked to bring those itemsThose people with 8 inch augers will be assigned to the drill team. And be prepared to be servants to the young kings and queens of the event.
you need not bring any terminal tackle i have secured all that is needed.

So realistically if you can provide any items above and beyond pliers and lawn chairs...its highly likely you will be assigned to a EARLY SHOW TEAM

Thanks everyone

silverdoctor
12-24-2011, 12:18 AM
My tent and stuff is still up for grabs, should have a 8" gas auger by next week.

slivers86
12-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Hey Dago no problem

I wanted to wait to alittle later so we can assign duties to people who reconfirm their participation, like any event i expect no shows or people cancelling.

But a Rough agenda is a good idea for discussion. A firm highly detailed letter to volunteers will be made closer to event day.

TFG is in charge of the tent and cook house facilities so He will assign a EARLY to show gang to set up the necessary equipment.

A another EARLY to show team will be asked to drill and clean holes. My initial thoughts are to ask guys with 8 inch power augers to bring their augers. I feel a 8 inch hole is much safer than anything larger. The team will need to drill in a grid pattern to accomodate tents with cameras, tip up holes and holes for kids to fish from. I expect we will require 150 holes. I want the holes to be a mix of tip up holes, tent / camera rotation holes and regular kids fishing holes. Its hard at this time to draw out the grid without knowing who is really showing up and who will bring tents, cameras and tip ups.
Its been discussed that a Day before team be made to drill the grid the day before and sleep on the ice.....depending on temps and refreeze situation.
Biggest priority is to look like a cool in control group when those buses pull in at 10 am, with tents and cameras set up. I want all tip ups next to holes but not fishing. I want all the kids ice outfits laying next to the holes ready to fish. All fishing outfits are provided by Normark Canada and a very generous donater who wants his name unprinted.
We will have a bait station set up and all fishing guides will carry a bag of cutbait. All fishing volunteers will be provided a unique high visibility cap so the kids can easily itentify us.
I ask all fishing guide volunteers to bring pliers for releasing fish.
Sliver86 is bringing volunteers for the food serving and preparation. All food servers will be required to wear latex gloves. This facility will be open from 10 am to closing at 3pm and food and beverages will always be available
Our goal is safety first and second that all kids catch a fish and have fun. Special consideration will be given to those kids not catching fish with their ice rods to have priority to tip ups with flags up.

At he closing of the event participation prizes will be given to the kids and gifts will be given to the clubs.
Group pictures and good byes are said.

All teams will then cleanup and tear down, till the place is spotless. With 40 volunteers i expect this wont take long.

Draw prizes for volunteers and a possible burger or beef on the bun apprecitaion supper is in dicusssion now.

So as a summary, i need all guides to bring pliers and many lawn chairs as possible.Those wishing to provide tents and cameras for the kids pleasure will be asked to bring those itemsThose people with 8 inch augers will be assigned to the drill team. And be prepared to be servants to the young kings and queens of the event.
you need not bring any terminal tackle i have secured all that is needed.

So realistically if you can provide any items above and beyond pliers and lawn chairs...its highly likely you will be assigned to a EARLY SHOW TEAM

Thanks everyone

One thing I'd like to ammend - nitrile gloves will be provided for food service, as many people have allergies to latex. I'm sure I could get these donated very easily by an AHS manager out there :)

slivers86
12-24-2011, 01:55 AM
I have a tent that could fit a kid at 3 corners - its only a three man, but me and three kids would be EASY if the weather was the craps.

Also- I have a 8" manual auger. I can drill away by hand if needed.

Are we to bring our tipup's? or are there tipups at disposal as well?

Dale S
12-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Can the people that are bringing 8" augers PM me.I will get a count and pass it on chubb.I think only experienced people should run the power augers.So if you bringing 2 augers we will find a volunteer to run it safely.Someone should get a count on the tents and cameras that will be there.

The Fisherman Guy
12-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Sounds great Chubbdarter, the agenda gives us all a rough idea how we collectively can work toward the same goals. Thanks for taking some time to lay it out for us.

An early show team is a great idea. If any of the volunteers have snow shovels, they would be a great help when setting up and during cleanup after the event. I have two that I will bring.

As this is an event for children, I ask everyone to please honor the mandate and keep this event alcohol/intoxicant free. As previously stated breach of this will not be tolerated. This event is for the kids, if you can't go without a drink during that time perhaps it would be better if you didn't attend.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting kids on some fish!!

gl2
12-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I have a tent that could fit a kid at 3 corners - its only a three man, but me and three kids would be EASY if the weather was the craps.

Also- I have a 8" manual auger. I can drill away by hand if needed.

Are we to bring our tipup's? or are there tipups at disposal as well?

I am asking all volunteers that can bring tip ups do so, maybe the ones that can just give me a pm with how many you can bring and i will make sure there are a adequate number of tip ups as to give the kids the best chance so all kids get to catch a fish. I will also be bringing my manual auger in case my gas doesn't fire, so its not a bad idea to throw it in your truck if its not to much trouble.

I think ice shelters will be decided closer to the date and weather dependant. I don't think we will have enough for every kid to fish in a tent all the time so if the weather is bad and the clubs still wanna go a rotating shift in and out of tents is a good idea. I don't think we can have any heaters in fishing tents, the more risk we create we increase chubbs insurance premium for the event and no one wants to see any kid/person get hurt. On the same line any tent that is set up will be required to be secured down by appropriate tie downs. I think we have all seen a tent moving across a lake at 100km/hr, so no explanation is necessary.....lol.

Thanks to all you guys/gals for helping and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

Dale S
12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
What tip ups work the best on that lake free spooling flag up type or the metal ban ones that move in the wind.

gl2
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
What tip ups work the best on that lake free spooling flag up type or the metal ban ones that move in the wind.

I think the simplier the tip up the better, so the free spooling flag ones will be perfect. Also any people who have any can you please ensure your stuff is marked clearly. I want to make sure all gear gets returned at the end of the day.

Thanks.

chubbdarter
12-24-2011, 02:09 PM
One thing I'd like to ammend - nitrile gloves will be provided for food service, as many people have allergies to latex. I'm sure I could get these donated very easily by an AHS manager out there :)

Thats why your in charge of the food service people, you know best and i trust you will handle it.....thanks S86

chubbdarter
12-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Any tyoe will work.
1 thing we must be aware of is to pay close atention to free feeding tip ups........1 fish allowed to go for 20 foot circle swim could cause chaos....lol

I trust with all the volunteers and young eyes watching with excitement for flags this wont be a issue.

chubbdarter
12-24-2011, 02:16 PM
As a side note......once all holes are drilled, I want all augers to be put away and out of everyones touch or reach.....No augers can be left on the ice for possible trip and fall accidents. This doesnt apply to only augers all possible risks of accidents will be removed after the EARLY SHOW TEAM has done its prep work

chubbdarter
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
The only thing i know foresure about the grid pattern is

The Bigtent and cooking facility will be set up on the outside perimeter and on the east or predominately down wind side of the holes. Incase of a freak wind blowing up the volunteer team can respond and do whats needed without worrying about being in a high traffic area surrounded by kids and holes. Gawd forbid if a uncontrollable situation occurs the bigtent wont be crashing thru participants if its positioned on the event edge.

DAGO thank you for organizing the EARLY TO SHOW DRILL TEAM..................GL2 THANK YOU FOR ORGANIZING THE TIP UP UP TEAM AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS YOUR DOING AND HAVE ALREADY DONE...................... SLIVER86 THANKS FOR LOOKING AFTER THE COOKING AND FOOD SERVICE TEAM YOUR BRINGING WITH YOU.............TFG THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOUR DOING AND PROVIDING LEADERSHIP ON THE TENT AND GRILL COMMITEE.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING, YOUR KINDNESS HAS RESTORED MY FAITH THAT GOOD PEOPLE STILL EXSIST AND DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

THANKS TO MARVIN KOIZUMI WHO USED HIS PRO STAFF ACCOUNT AND PERSONALLY FUNDED A ENORMOUS DONATION TO THIS EVENT WHICH WILL ALSO CARRY OVER INTO THE SUMMER TO BENIFIT CHILDREN. MARVIN YOU ARE A SHINING EXAMPLE OF A PRO STAFFER......THANK YOU SIR YOUR TOP NOTCH IN MY BOOKS

LAST BUT NOT LEAST HUGE THANKS TO OUR ANONOMOUS DONOR, PUROLATOR DELIVERED YOUR CHEQUE. SORRY TO KEEP THANKING YOU AS I KNOW YOU WANT IT KEPT PRIVATE BUT THANK YOU JUST SEEMS INADEQUATE

horsetrader
12-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I got an electric 8" and an electric 7".
and a 6 man popup and 2 man flip

slivers86
12-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Can I get a grill update? What are we using for the cooking scene? I have 2 volunteers coming, 1's a nurse, and the other is good for weiners and hot chocolate! Nurse will help out with food and stuff and do bandaid's when needed :)

I think 2 or 3 people will be good on the food stage, depending on how often these kids eat :)

chubbdarter
12-25-2011, 02:25 AM
I got an electric 8" and an electric 7".
and a 6 man popup and 2 man flip

Thanks buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and the family have a wonderful christmas and a prosperous new year

chubbdarter
12-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Can I get a grill update? What are we using for the cooking scene? I have 2 volunteers coming, 1's a nurse, and the other is good for weiners and hot chocolate! Nurse will help out with food and stuff and do bandaid's when needed :)

TFG is in charge of that Detparment and is working with Jack@7 on the situation right now. They will report soon Thanks TFG and J@7.

Thanks for filling those very needed volunteers S86....much appreciated. As a side note we donot administer any medical attention to the children without permission from B@G personel first. I fully expect WC will need some sort of medical attention to keep the nurse busy, lol.

I think 2 or 3 people will be good on the food stage, depending on how often these kids eat :)

Im hoping if all the volunteers show for the event we will have the option to make necessary personal changes on the fly

Dale S
12-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Is there power out there. I have a 4000 watt generater I will be bringing just in case.

WayneChristie
12-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Is there power out there. I have a 4000 watt generater I will be bringing just in case.

Theres power way up in the campground, dont know if its live during the shut down period or not. I was thinking, the wall tent would probably fit in the small bay right beside the boat launch, might shelter it from the wind if its a bit strong. plus its between the lake and the washroom facilities.

slivers86
12-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Theres power way up in the campground, dont know if its live during the shut down period or not. I was thinking, the wall tent would probably fit in the small bay right beside the boat launch, might shelter it from the wind if its a bit strong. plus its between the lake and the washroom facilities.

good idea wayne, I think that would be a great spot for the wall tent, providing its suitable when cleared...

The Fisherman Guy
12-26-2011, 07:53 AM
I considered bringing my generator, but what would I need it for? Not many things to power, and without it we aren't all subjected to listen to the buzz of a generator for a few unnecessary electrical items.

horsetrader
12-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Is the area going to be sectioned off with caution take or rope.
If so how big of an area do you think we need to tape off.

Dale S
12-27-2011, 06:00 AM
I considered bringing my generator, but what would I need it for? Not many things to power, and without it we aren't all subjected to listen to the buzz of a generator for a few unnecessary electrical items.

So no X Box 360.LOL. Your right I don't like listening to them either.I'm planing on camping out there that weekend is there power hook ups for the camper.

WayneChristie
12-27-2011, 07:17 AM
So no X Box 360.LOL. Your right I don't like listening to them either.I'm planing on camping out there that weekend is there power hook ups for the camper.

only place you would be able to camp is on the ice, seen other people do it before, unless the MD allows camping for that weekend

chubbdarter
12-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Is the area going to be sectioned off with caution take or rope.
If so how big of an area do you think we need to tape off.

im not sure if a taped off boundary is needed, i believe our congested area will be eslf explanatory. But i do thing we shoulkd mark the one side of the area nearest to the ramp to keep vehicles from turning directly into the event.

the lake is open to the public so we cant restrict public acess, so all we can do is warn people of the event and keep everyone as safe as possible

chubbdarter
12-27-2011, 03:28 PM
As ive discussed with TFG previously the hum of a generator is irritating at best. I suggest we have one there for a unforseen back-up but plan the event without using a generator

chubbdarter
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
We will be making a trip down there soon to GPS a grid and perimeter of the event. Anyone of the registered volunteers is more than welcome to attend and have input.
Thanks

slivers86
12-27-2011, 03:52 PM
We will be making a trip down there soon to GPS a grid and perimeter of the event. Anyone of the registered volunteers is more than welcome to attend and have input.
Thanks

post a date and time, and if I'm not working, consider me there.

ogre
12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I too would be interested if I'm available on the date you want to map the grid.

chubbdarter
12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks, sliver and ogre. Just waiting on a few details of the size of certain things.
The plan is to hit PCR early and do our work, then head off cross counrty to do a afternoon and evening eye fish at LBR or Keho.

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Got sone emails today that product for the event will be sent out early in the new year.

Early in the new year i will complete the inventory for the gaming permit and that will shut off all donated draw prizes for that permit.....thanks to everyone who has donated to the volunteer prizes.

I will purchase the plastic ice scoops for the children to use.

Brcause stranger things can happen i will go to Super Store and purchase the big bags of smelt. Knowing my luck days before the event there will be none to be found in large quantities and priced well.

More updates after the Holiday Season

WayneChristie
12-29-2011, 09:42 PM
good idea on the early bait, couple derbies the week before, and the iga down here doesnt even have a bait section anymore. seems smelts have been hit by a shrink ray, they may as well call them minnows now, at least the ones weve seen lately

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
good idea on the early bait, couple derbies the week before, and the iga down here doesnt even have a bait section anymore. seems smelts have been hit by a shrink ray, they may as well call them minnows now, at least the ones weve seen lately

Still not sure how much to buy,,,,more is better, you guys can take home left overs

calgarygringo
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
FYI- I was looking for some jumbo size smelts for us to use down south and Superstore had none but the deerfoot meadows and the one in south trail crossing have lots of bags of the good size ones for Pine Coulee. If you go to one of them or both you will be able to get lots. Unfortunately for us Wayne all they have is the ones I showed you yesterday but would be perfect for your kids outing.

Ken

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 10:11 PM
FYI- I was looking for some jumbo size smelts for us to use down south and Superstore had none but the deerfoot meadows and the one in south trail crossing have lots of bags of the good size ones for Pine Coulee. If you go to one of them or both you will be able to get lots. Unfortunately for us Wayne all they have is the ones I showed you yesterday but would be perfect for your kids outing.

Ken

i live close to the 130 store. CG you know the size of smelts and the quantities in each bag. You also fish PCR.............care to be kind enough to take a quess on how many bags i need for 100 children for a 5 hour fishing event.
thanks

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Once again HorseTrader to the rescue................he has taken care of the plastic ice scoops.
Thanks Horse............your generousity is amazing

chubbdarter
12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Dago are we looking okay for the early to show Drill Team?

Dale S
12-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Dago are we looking okay for the early to show Drill Team?

We have 6 power augers and 2 manual so far.I'm sure we'll get more once everyone gets done with Xmas.Send me a PM if you are bringing a 8" auger.

chubbdarter
12-31-2011, 10:56 PM
We have 6 power augers and 2 manual so far.I'm sure we'll get more once everyone gets done with Xmas.Send me a PM if you are bringing a 8" auger.

Thanks for looking after this Dago,,,,,,much appreciated

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
1500 smelt purchased. Average size is 3,5 inches. I have no idea what size chunk of smelt works best at PCR but this will provide each child 28 pieces of bait if they are cut in half.

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
1-Mudslide
2-Npauls
3-GL2
4-GL2's wife
6-Wayne Christy's wife
7-Horsetrader
8-Chesterfield
9-Slivers86
10-Slivers86's nurse
11-Ogre
12-Fish Farmer
13-Daceminnow
14-Daceminnow's wife
15-Dago
16-The Fisherman Guy
17-Mikeo2
18-Big Turk
19-Big Turks friend
20-Jack@7
21-Jack@7's Girlfriend
22-Hogslayer
23-Hogslayer's son
24-Dan Foss
25-AlbertaAngler
26-NHO
27-NHO's wife
28-Chubb
29-Chubbs warden
30-Chubbs daughter
31- Slivers86 - friend

If you are on the above list and still plan on volunteering. please send me a pm that provides your real/full name, hometown or city and a phone number. You must be registered to participate, Thank You.
If you arent able to attend, Please Advise.

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
important notice.................anyone who wants to donate or has a prize for the Draw event. Please pm me in the next 10 days to make arrangements for me to collect it. Under the gaming permit i must inventory and declare its worth and submit my application to get the permit. Thanks

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 08:27 PM
1-Mudslide
2-Npauls
3-GL2
4-GL2's wife
5-Wayne Christy
6-Wayne Christy's wife
7-Horsetrader
8-Chesterfield
9-Slivers86
10-Slivers86's nurse
11-Ogre
12-Fish Farmer
13-Daceminnow
14-Daceminnow's wife
15-Dago
16-The Fisherman Guy
17-Mikeo2
18-Big Turk
19-Big Turks friend
20-Jack@7
21-Jack@7's Girlfriend
22-Hogslayer
23-Hogslayer's son
24-Dan Foss
25-AlbertaAngler
26-NHO
27-NHO's wife
28-Chubb
29-Chubbs warden
30-Chubbs daughter
31- Slivers86 - friend
32- Silverdoctor

If you are on the above list and still plan on volunteering. please send me a pm that provides your real/full name, hometown or city and a phone number. You must be registered to participate, Thank You.

Sorry i missed you Silverdoctor, Thank you for volunteering your time and equipment

silverdoctor
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry i missed you Silverdoctor, Thank you for volunteering your time and equipment

no worries, there were alot of posts, and I don't really stand out in a crowd lol

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
no worries, there were alot of posts, and I don't really stand out in a crowd lol

Not Cool, missing a volunteer. again im very sorry.
Please contact Dago if you can be part of the Early to Show Drill Team

thanks

silverdoctor
01-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Not Cool, missing a volunteer. again im very sorry.
Please contact Dago if you can be part of the Early to Show Drill Team

thanks

I've sent Dago a pm looking for details

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Im getting a few pm's and texts on what is still needed, thanks to everyone for asking

at this time

we are still needing 500 hot dog buns to complete the food service

500 hotdogs will be purchased from M and M meats at a discount
Mustard and Ketchup will come from Calgary co-op
bags of chips for the kids will come from Frito Lays
A custom slab cake will come from Calgary co-op.
Macdonals will provide 2 barrels of orange drink and cups

Fishing combos will be proivided by Normark/Rapala with suffix pro mix line

Zebco/Quantum has donated ball caps for every fishing volunteer to wear so the kids can identify all the guides easily. It will also make policing the event for non registered volunteers.

The Calgary Fishin Hole is providing hooks

Pro staffer Marvin Koizumi has made a huge donation to this event that will also carry over for further events too.

Jims jigs will provide the hooks

HorseTrader has kindly donated ice scoops for the event for the lids use.

GL2 has provided 300 ice teas, 400 hot chocolates, plates, cups and napkins. Him and his wife will also donate many hours making the participation awards

Bait has been purchased,,in the form of 1500 smelt

Wayne Christy has donated toilet paper and hand sanitizer, plus has been a big help as a advisor

TFG has donated the propane and is in charge of the equipment and big tent details.

Monies have been donated by HorseTrader, Mikeo and family, Ogre, a generous anonamous donor and my family, to offset costs like legalities, permits, participation awards and other non donated goods.

Some volunteers have also donated their use of tents and augers and cameras. Please contact "The Fisherman Guy" so he is aware of how many tents will be coming. Its vital we know so we can set up a mapped grid of the event.

Thanks to all and if ive missed someone, send me a nasty pm for forgetting you to wake me up.

A few other donations are being discussed but i have yet to recieve or confirm them. I will do my best to update

We are still discussing the rental of 2 porta potties. The area we plan to fish has two government bathrooms but with 150 people in total we fear the little ones might not be able to do the pee pee dance for long.......the cost of the porta potties is quite high due to travel times. I will update later on whats decided.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a kid will have a day to remember because of your generousity

chubbdarter
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Revised list

1-Mudslide
-Npauls-cancelled
2-GL2
3-GL2's wife
4-Wayne Christy
5-Wayne Christy's wife
6-Horsetrader
7-Chesterfield
8-Slivers86
9-Slivers86's nurse
10-Ogre
11-Fish Farmer
12-Daceminnow
13-Daceminnow's wife
14-Dago
15-The Fisherman Guy
16-Mikeo2
17-Big Turk
18-Big Turks friend
19-Jack@7
20-Jack@7's Girlfriend
21-Hogslayer
22-Hogslayer's son
23-Dan Foss
24-AlbertaAngler
25-NHO
26-NHO's wife
27-Chubb
28-Chubbs warden
29-Chubbs daughter
30- Slivers86 - friend
31- silverdoctor

Dale S
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
As of Tue we have 7 power augers&2 manual.We need to drill around 150 holes. If your planning on bringing a 8" auger can you send me a P.M.List of members bringing augers already.
Orge, Daceminnow, Horsetrader x2, Wayen, npauls, silver 86, Dago, silver doctor

npauls
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I won't be able to make it Dago. I sent a pm to Chubb and had to cancel. Today I found out my son has a follow up appointment the day before the event so I will be staying at home.

chubbdarter
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
As of Tue we have 7 power augers&2 manual.We need to drill around 150 holes. If your planning on bringing a 8" auger can you send me a P.M.List of members bringing augers already.
Orge, Daceminnow, Horsetrader x2, Wayen, npauls, silver 86, Dago, silver doctor

Right on Dago...a couple more and the early drill team will be in great shape to drill aproximately 150 holes.

thanks for organizing the team

chubbdarter
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
recieved a email today from the regional biologist who monitors PCR and He is interested in the Fishing Team collecting data from all fish caught for His research.I am very excited to be part of this research and im sure the Fishing Team assembled can do a very good job.

This is some what of a formality but at the Team meeting prior to the kids arriving, I will need to see everyone's vaild angling license.In turn I'll give you a fancy fishing cap to wear to identify you as a fishing team member.

If any Boys and Girls club volunteers are reading this.....You must be in possesion of a valid fishing license if you want to fish at the event, a email has been sent to all ther B@G clubs.

chubbdarter
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
before i commit to the costs of porta pottys, does anyone on the Fishing Team have any opinions?

105 children with access to unlimited food and beverages
50 adults with access to unlimited food and beverages

1 government boat launch bathroom that a small walk from the event area

opinions?

thanks