PDA

View Full Version : Ground Blind

cranker
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm looking for a new ground blind, I have the ameristep doghouse, worked fine, it's too light, no rifle rests.

What do you think is the best ground blind available besides a tower or tri-pod?

1. With 3 shooting rests and adjustable windows (shooting stick is an obstacle)
2. Large enough for 2 people ( allows for room to use a heater ) I know most aren't rated.
3. With a floor to reduce to movement from wind ( I don't stake it in for November, may keep more snug to the ground)

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Pinhead
12-01-2011, 02:27 AM
I have a Primos Ground Max Predator. It is 77" square and 67" high (roughly).

I get into it in my wheelchair, with Bog Pod shooting sticks and I have enough room to move and check at least 3 windows. There is also room for a heater when I have needed it.

I think a blind in this size range will do you fine for what you want. Depending when you put it up it may have to be staked until it freezes in spot. Then a pole to support to roof in heavy snow when in nonuse is wise.

Good Luck,
Dan

cranker
12-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the reply pinhead.
I know I'm asking for allot of options. Just hoping to improve on equipment, i sit long days, weeks in November.
Congrats on your nice bull elk!

Richard is mounting my 2010 dall sheep and whitey right now, now I have my 437 ram to get done too.

All the best!

elkhunter1234
12-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I have a couple Turret XL made by Kill Zone and I am happy with them

Jim.....

mikdundee
12-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey Cranker

keep the doghouse, the amount that you hunt you're wife says that's where you belong anyways

lol

mik