PDA

View Full Version : For all you people hunting north of DEBOLT

yamaha
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
First of congratulations on wrecking it for everybody! In my 55 years of hunting i have never ever seen so many people driving in fields all over the place without permission. It is unreal the tracks in some fields. I talked to 2 major farmers in the area today, they both own over 15 000 acres each. They have had enough this year and are now posting all there land. It was gross to c the amount of tracks. Another thing that ****es me off is 90% of the people that are driving around in that area are not from around that area they are all from the south. Bonnyville,red deer,edmonton,calgary and so on. DONT u guys have hunting locations around there u can wreck instead of coming north and wrecking it for everybody???? ****** stay home in your surrounding area. Why the need to come up here?

Scott N
11-30-2011, 08:30 PM
First of congratulations on wrecking it for everybody! In my 55 years of hunting i have never ever seen so many people driving in fields all over the place without permission. It is unreal the tracks in some fields. I talked to 2 major farmers in the area today, they both own over 15 000 acres each. They have had enough this year and are now posting all there land. It was gross to c the amount of tracks. Another thing that ****es me off is 90% of the people that are driving around in that area are not from around that area they are all from the south. Bonnyville,red deer,edmonton,calgary and so on. DONT u guys have hunting locations around there u can wreck instead of coming north and wrecking it for everybody???? ****** stay home in your surrounding area. Why the need to come up here?

Why would you think any AO members are doing this? For the most part every member here seems to try and play by the rules. At least they claim to.

DuckBrat
11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
There is a direct link between this problem and the flood of new population in the province especially around centers like Grande Prairie. I feel for you and understand the problem as I see it everyday in my community.

jungleboy
11-30-2011, 08:45 PM
You assume they are all from everywhere else but you don't know that. just like I don't know if someone in my area is from Debolt or GP or Timbuktoo. when you assume you just make an Ass Of U and Me:snapoutofit:

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 08:45 PM
There is a direct link between this problem and the flood of new population in the province especially around centers like Grande Prairie. I feel for you and understand the problem as I see it everyday in my community.

I believe he said most were from the south....Edmonton, Red Deer,and so on...

yamaha
11-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I know they are from the southern part of the province because i have stopped at 3 different places where there was guys camped and asked where they where from! Thats how i got the answers. I then had a glance at what they are driving and heaven for bid i seen some of these guys driving in the fields and i know for a fact they did NOT have permission.

yamaha
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
o and jungleboy are you trying to battle on this topic cause u where 1 of them??? Just asking not accusing.

jungleboy
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
o and jungleboy are you trying to battle on this topic cause u where 1 of them??? Just asking not accusing.

Not trying to battle at all just trying to be a voice of reason. No I was not one of them and whether you like it or not that sounds like accusing to me. I hunt on land I have permission on in 242 .I went to Debolt to hunt maybe 20yrs ago with a friend who had land up there and frankly it is too far to go for me,when there are just as many deer down here

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Get your head out of the bag Yahama.

All those tracks in the field around Debolt are from those big cities called Pouce Coupe, Fellers Heights,Hudson Hope, Rolla,Beaverlodge and Tumbler Ridge.

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Get your head out of the bag Yahama.

All those tracks in the field around Debolt are from that big city called Pouce Coupe.

????

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
????

Ever bin to Pouce? Pretty large place hey Arn?

yamaha
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM
very funny greylynx but u are very wrong. Maybe we should try hunting the regions around where we live like same wmu and c if we have any more issues.

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
yup.... a little detroit...:confused:

Jamie
11-30-2011, 09:17 PM

Dont know about all that there Yamaha.
We have been hunting that general area for 10 years now and I have only met one group from Southern Alberta. A few from Edmonton, but mostly local people. Grand Praire, Girouxville ECT ECT.

Love the Locals, Love the hospitality and I don’t see a major influx of people. How ever on the Remberance day long weekend, it was a total ZOO!!! It was back to normal after the weekend. I would doubt all the folks that were there for 2 days drove for 7+ hours.

But lets just say there is a massive influx of people coming from the south. DO you understand how much $$$ they put in the local market? Our little group spent close to $4,000 this year and in years past have spent as much as $6,000. This is all directly spent in those small towns. We buy our groceries there, we buy our fuel, we buy EVERYTHING up there. We take the attitude that if people up that way are nice enough to have us hunt, the least we can do is drop some cash in the stores.

You asked why people come up there. For us, it's because of the people and the friends we have met. Game is usually good, but the people are what make it.

Jamie

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
very funny greylynx but u are very wrong. Maybe we should try hunting the regions around where we live like same wmu and c if we have any more issues.

Post your land, get paid off by the outfitters, and all your problems will be solved.

BTW: Debolt used to be a great place for goose hunting when I was a little kid.

If you are serious, I never thought Debolt would be overcome by hunters.

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:25 PM
yup.... a little detroit...:confused:

Where is detroit? Newfoundland?

yamaha
11-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I am very serious.. And Jamie i happen to hunt the area for about 45 days in the hunting season. Yes the long weekend of nov was a zoo but so was the past 2 weeks. What about the camp that had 10 guys camped on tolko road? what about guys camped at blue bridge? There is many more locations they where camped. And we as a community do appreciate the money spent in the area but what i am trying to get at is people driving in everybody's fields without permission

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Umm. Your story is very thin with very little factual information, and that is why I am joking.

Mind you GP is a big city these days. Lots of oilfield guys from everywhere who just want a paycheck and could not give a darn what they did to some one's property.

You said Bonnyville.......a lot of big outfitters run out that area looking for big bucks.

Please don't blame the little hunter out of Edmonton. Look in your own backyard first.

That is where I found all the garbage.

IR_mike
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
I am very serious.. And Jamie i happen to hunt the area for about 45 days in the hunting season. Yes the long weekend of nov was a zoo but so was the past 2 weeks. What about the camp that had 10 guys camped on tolko road? what about guys camped at blue bridge? There is many more locations they where camped. And we as a community do appreciate the money spent in the area but what i am trying to get at is people driving in everybody's fields without permission

Get with the land owners and report them.

SEE TO IT that the landowners have them charged.

B!@#%g about it here is pointless.

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I hunt 356, 357, 355, 445, 446, ...

I know lots who come from down south.

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Umm. Your story is very thin with very little factual information, and that is why I am joking.

Mind you GP is a big city these days. Lots of oilfield guys from everywhere who just want a paycheck and could not give a darn what they did to some one's property.

You said Bonnyville.......a lot of big outfitters run out that area looking for big bucks.

Please don't blame the little hunter out of Edmonton. Look in your own backyard first.

That is where I found all the garbage.

This is true and it's disgusting... I am trying to help clean things up with some local farmers...

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:44 PM
I hunt 356, 357, 355, 445, 446, ...

I know lots who come from down south.

Are they permanent residents of Alberta?

Arn?Narn.
11-30-2011, 09:47 PM
All the ones I know are, and are from Calgary and Red Deer

You could easily poast a thread in the hunting section and ask who has gone to 356 hunting from South of GC, Edmonton , wherever...

I'm sure you will find many, most who are permanant residents.

elkhunter11
11-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Maybe we should try hunting the regions around where we live like same wmu and c if we have any more issues.

How about we hunt where we please, as long as we hunt crown land, or land that we have permission to access? Some of the worst tresspassers where I hunt are locals.

Hoyt82
11-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey yamaha I live very close to one of the areas you said people were camped at. I also have never seen so many trucks driving in fields. the last week almost every night I would see trucks driving into our fields 15 mins after legal light ran out. Next year it's all gonna be posted

bb356
11-30-2011, 09:54 PM
How about we hunt where we please, as long as we hunt crown land, or land that we have permission to access? Some of the worst tresspassers where I hunt are locals.

x 2 !!!

greylynx
11-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey yamaha I live very close to one of the areas you said people were camped at. I also have never seen so many trucks driving in fields. the last week almost every night I would see trucks driving into our fields 15 mins after legal light ran out. Next year it's all gonna be posted

Good for you. No more fooling around. And have the proper equipment to take pictures, lots of pictures, that is what the crown prosecutor needs.

jungleboy
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
So is the problem that people are driving on someones land or is the problem that their is unwanted competition for the local deer population? When I read the regs and I can't find anywhere that it says I am restricted to hunting in the WMU where I live. But maybe that will be the next way the Gov't chooses to tax the hunter . Selling "non WMU resident"hunting permits . Ohhhh think of the money they could raise to "enhance wildlife habitat"

Erik
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
So is the problem that people are driving on someones land or is the problem that their is unwanted competition for the local deer population? When I read the regs and I can't find anywhere that it says I am restricted to hunting in the WMU where I live. But maybe that will be the next way the Gov't chooses to tax the hunter . Selling "non WMU resident"hunting permits . Ohhhh think of the money they could raise to "enhance wildlife habitat"

Thanks for putting this out there jungleboy. I, too, tire of the rhetoric that the only place that you can hunt is your local WMU. Trespassing is unacceptable but so is using it as an excuse to scare people from legitimately hunting in a WMU.

Lefty-Canuck
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for putting this out there jungleboy. I, too, tire of the rhetoric that the only place that you can hunt is your local WMU. Trespassing is unacceptable but so is using it as an excuse to scare people from legitimately hunting in a WMU.

X2

I hunt a few different areas...as well as my local area...I like what the entire province has to offer and I don't think I own my own little bubble :)

LC

huntinstuff
12-01-2011, 07:30 AM
The way to deal with it is to take lic plates, get video, take pictures, visit the CO, write a statement and stick to your guns.

IF it is your land, that is all that is required. If it is someone else's land, you need their cooperation and statement.

Without that, you have nothing. And the problem will persist.

I'm all for laying charges against trespassers, but the case needs your cooperation. You have to be in the ballgame the whole 9 innings.

If we all did that, there would be no outfitter/hunter problems, no trespass problems and the guy who sells "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting" signs would be out of business.

Without that, all we got is tracks in the field.

We can stop it, but effort is needed.

pottymouth
12-01-2011, 07:42 AM
One of the worst for doing that in that area, is one of your own up there. There a lot of farmers you can't stand him, especially because of the lack of respect and permission. He's crew has been doing it for years. Maybe walk into his business and ask him about it.

35 whelen
12-01-2011, 08:11 AM
I have land by debolt and this nov long weekend was crazy lots of road hunters driving feilds some one shot one of the bucks i was hunting on nov 11 1hour after dark and left it in field ,lots of shots after dark the last few years ,some people have no respect for game or other hunters ,i went east to hunt the last 2days of season ,same thing ,saw fields with stands ,and bait in them .road hunters with no perrmission ,and not many bucks : it is getting out of hand ,it is not just people from down south i know a few locals that just road hunt in fields and screw it up for hunters that walk into these areas .TIME TO FIND SOME BIGGER BUSH TO HUNT.

drake
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
One of the worst for doing that in that area, is one of your own up there. There a lot of farmers you can't stand him, especially because of the lack of respect and permission. He's crew has been doing it for years. Maybe walk into his business and ask him about it.

Ive heard/seen the same thing