PDA

View Full Version : How many of you got your buck because he was too intent on the doe?

BBD
12-01-2011, 02:32 AM
The last 2 whitetail bucks that I've shot died because they wouldn't leave the doe they were with. Last year I got mine walking into the stand, I know the doe saw me but the buck was far more interested in her than me. It cost him his life. This year the doe winded me in the stand but hadn't run yet. She was stamping her feet , blowing & getting ready to bug out. The buck with her was so intent on the doe he didn't pay attention to the danger.
Both of these bucks were mature deer, the one I shot last year I chased for 3 years before I got him & he was normally super smart. The one I got this year I'd been watching since July & was pretty smart.I'd seen both these bucks in the feild previously & if they saw or smelled you they were gone in an instant. I'm wondering how many other people got their buck because the buck was too intent on tending the doe he was with to pay attention to the danger they would normally flee from.

1shotwade
12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
I shot my buck at 40 yards , and watched him 1/2 hour before i shot him, he had 3 does and could care less what was going on around him. We would grunt, let out doe bleats and he he would pick up the pace. He stayed right in front of my deer blind the whole time! He finnally slowed down enough so I pplugged him. Our little propane heater even started to howl and the does noticed but he didn't care!:sHa_shakeshout:

Wisebuck
12-01-2011, 08:08 AM
This years was trackin a doe and thats how I tracked him, doe spooked but he was "what? come back!" and I plugged him. Same situation last 4-5 years. I love the rut!:bad_boys_20:

AbAngler
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Got mine after he jumped a fence chasing three does at maybe 75 yards. Lucky for me since it was one of the only times I was allowed out...

Not the biggest, but I was happy with him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/HerbinatorX/photo-2-1-1.jpg

Bassett
12-01-2011, 08:20 AM
My buck this year was standing with 2 does, me and dad were just talking normally and snapping pics at 30 yards away without the buck caring. Then i decided to take him.

shane_buck
12-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I got my small little meat buck this year when he followed a doe out of a bush. He was quite far away and i missed three shots at him, but he still stood there just looking at the doe. So i walked closer in the wide open and got another shot at him. He stood in the same spot for about 5 minutes and didn't even care about being shot at. Dirt even flew in front of him one shot i took and he still didn't care. The last shot got him though and i filled my freezer.

steve0
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Got my 4 pt buck this year as he was chasing 3 does!
He was running right to me and then stopped at 200 yards, turned broadside and sniffed the air.
Dropped him on the spot

Doodle30
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I had a buck stand and watch me at 40 yards while I misfired 3 times and cycled a lever twice. Then just slowly moved on.

Frozen firing PIN.