PDA

View Full Version : Fawn Rescue...Great Story from my work.

tprince
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I work for a large Multi-national construction company and we get news bulletins on whats going on in our company around the world. While usually very boring stuff is written, I found this one today that I thought a few of you would appreciate.

"In June 2011, Lafarge Courtenay loader operator, Mark Veness, noticed some ravens swooping down at something on one of the benches in the pit, so he went up to take a closer look. It turned out to be a baby fawn that they were attacking!

We weren’t sure how it got there, but there was a dead doe on the roadside so we put 2 and 2 together and decided rescue was in order! Mark climbed up the hill (in full PPE) and I, Carol Berry, drove down to the bottom of the pit to meet him.

Mark came down with a fawn that was maybe a couple weeks old, scared and tired. We wrapped him up in a blanket and took him up to the office. I called a local wild animal rescue and asked their advice, and to come pick up the little one. They were going to be a couple hours, so asked us to keep him someplace quiet and dark. A couple of hours later while Mark was working the back of the pit, he noticed a doe wandering around looking lost, and wondered if we had made the wrong guess about the doe on the road. He called me on the radio, and I took the fawn up in my truck.

We caught the attention of the doe, and put the fawn down where she could see it. Mark got in the loader so he was high enough to see everything, and I went back down to the office. The fawn didn’t notice the doe, and just wandered aimlessly through a brushy area. Finally, the doe went over to the fawn, checked it over and accepted it back. We still see the 2 of them in the pit now and then. It was a great day for us."

Dakota369
12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Awesome story. Thanks for posting.:)

Zuludog
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
That's a pretty cool story. Glad it all worked out.

open sights
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Im dying of boredom in Chem class, but that story just made my day, thanks for posting

BDAJ
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Very good story!! Thanks for posting!