PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Season

YoungBuck
12-02-2011, 05:16 PM
This year was definitely the most difficult i have experienced in my short hunting career. From not getting any thing in bow season, and trust me i tried, to the terrible rut. Me and my dad do alot of scouting between trail cam and shed hunting in 509. We know our area has a lot of good deer with relatively low hunting pressure which should equal great oppurtunities. Between four of us we saw three bucks that would go about 130" and that was it. There was zero deer movement where there was usaully a high way.
I did get three deer so i have to be thankful for that.

Me and my dad wanted to fill our doe tags before the rut so we could focus solely on hunting bucks so we headed to 511 for the last weekend of October. I was walking a area i knew was good and i spot a deer feeding at about 60 yards. It was so windy it had no idea i was there. I quckly ID it as a doe through the binos as a doe but couldn't get a shot through the thick timber. It slowly fed away and i slowly circled around trying to get down wind and looking for a better shot. I lost track of it in the thick brush and just as i was getting to where i expected to be able to see it again i see a deer staring at me at 38 yards. It was near to where i expected the doe to be but i checked again just to make sure. However between the thick brush and the heavily shaded timber it was standing in i miss ID it. As it dropped from my shot my heart suddenlly sank. I walked up to it to see that i had in fact shot a micro spike, but not micro enough to be antlerless. As it turns out im quite thankful it happened as i never saw a buck i was willing to shoot in november and i might have gone buckless. I did also get a doe later that day. And since my big buck quest was over for this year i decided to try and fill my other supplemental with bow in 509. On the first sunday i got my first bow kill which was a very nice change to the season.

Thanks every for posting your big buck pics, even if i can't get them its nice to see them.

YB

Wisebuck
12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Great to see you playing by the rules and tagging your deer appropriatly! way to go on a successful season. Good luck with a bigger buck next bow season!

hayseed
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, if ya dont get out of bed, or go...nawww, i will go tommoro, you wont connect.

If you put in the time, you will be successful, it aint easy man, alot on here can tell ya that....

Looks like ya done good, that big buck will find your scope nxt year, dont give up...

Congrats on your season as well..

Alberta Bigbore
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
right on congrats on the season!!

Rockymtnx
12-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Congrats on a great season YoungBuck.