PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lake north of Edson

HOSSTONE1
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I was looking for a good perch lake west of Edmonton and came across Bear Lake north of Edson. Anyone fish there lately? Is it still producing or has it turned into the typical perch lake tragedy? "Overfished or overpopulated". Seems a guy has to travel further every year to find quality! Any info would be welcome.

one shot
12-03-2011, 10:27 AM
there are lots of big perch in bear. i live in edson and fish there lots. the bay left of the boat launch about 70 yards out in 25 ft water is good or straight acrose the lake by beaver lodge. there is a big weed bed in the middle of the lake if you can find it, its a hot spot. not meny people fish there in the winter good spot, may wanna try long lake or minnow lake also good perch lakes.

HOSSTONE1
12-03-2011, 07:32 PM
thanks one shot. i will probably try out the bay as i am unfamiliar with the lake and the ice conditions. just a little leary about beaver lodges in the winter. bringing the little guy with me. plus i'm 6'4" and 365 lbs. the thicker the ice for me the better! haha! have you been out this year yet? how thick is the ice? thanks again!!!