PDA

View Full Version : Left hand thumbhole for right handed action

Grand Slam
12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Does anybody know of a custom stock builder that makes a left handed thumbhole for a right handed action? ( has to be composite) I see there is some who make laminate stocks. Any info would be great thx

7mm08
12-03-2011, 08:01 AM
I dont know of any stock makers, but I am curious as to the practicality or purpose of such a stock. You shoot left handed but work the bolt with your right hand? To me, its seems awkward, so thats why am asking.

Grand Slam
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Ya that's right shoot left handed and use a right handed bolt action. It sounds awkward but lots of people do it

Lefty-Canuck
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Bench rest shooters have been doing this for years....can work the action without changing your grip on the rifle.

LC

Grand Slam
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Lefty,do you know if they were using thumbhole stocks? It makes sense what you say about not changing a persons grip.

winger7mm
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Iv been shooting right handed rifles all my life, as a left hander. I too am looking for a left hand thumb hole stock for my shultz and larsen. The rifle has been in the family since new, but has barely been shot till I got ahold of it. To me, its better to try and find a left hand stock, then to buy and rig up a new left hand rifle ;)

Lefty-Canuck
12-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Lefty,do you know if they were using thumbhole stocks? It makes sense what you say about not changing a persons grip.

I am not sure if they were thumbholes or not....cheek swell was definitely on the right side of the stock though. What a right handed action gives to a left handed bench shooter is the ability to cycle the action while still "nestled in"....right hand bench rest guys will outfit a left hand action for the same reasons.

I could have sworn there was a rifle for sale on here setup exctly like one of the rigs I described above....and not that long ago....

LC