PDA

View Full Version : Badger M5 bottom metal

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm considering this bottom metal for this rifle (243). Does anyone use it and what do you think?

http://badgerordnance.com/triggerguards/

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l433/chuck_nelson/IMG_3392.jpg

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Oh, and I would use this latch.

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l433/chuck_nelson/badgerm5004.jpg

Rman
12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Chuck, despite out "history", I'll try to help you out. The last custom .243AI I built, started out with Badger bottom metal, flush magazine. It is nice, and locked up very well. No real complaints, other than the short mag length of around 2.750 ish. I changed it out for a Seekins, with a length of around 2.900 ish. I do like the Seekins mag release better, BUT, the mag does hang below the stock, and is not flush. Either one are both excellent quality, just mind the mag length.

And please don't ask me to post pictures of it.

R.

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Laughing!

How many rounds does the flush M5 handle? That flush option is definitely attractive but that OAL is a little bothersome. I've talked to Glen about his stuff a few times, but he doesn't seem to want to see his product up here. Unless that has changed.

Rman
12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh, I see what you are doing there, as there is no flush mount M5. Good for you! You really showed me! You are welcome!

If you have spoken to Glenn a few times, then you would realize that there are a few ways to get his stuff up here, but what do I know?

Stay classy!

R.

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Weird.

Rman
12-03-2011, 03:50 PM
What's weird Chuck? I offer you up some advice that pertains to what you were asking, and I get a snotty response in which you attempt to make yourself look smart? The picture of the rilfe you posted does not show a long mag, so I figured that is what you were looking for. I apologize for not getting right!
There are more than a couple of ways to get Seekin's stuff up here, if you would ask him, he would tell you.
Was that the weird part?

Do tell?

R.

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I wasn't being snotty at all. My "Laughing" comment was based on your no pictures comment. Which I thought was pretty humorous. Like real funny in a good way. It made me laugh.

I didn't realize that there was a flush M5 option. That is why I asked how many rounds it held. My OAL on the rounds I'm shooting is 2.780 so the mag restrictions are not going to work and didn't realize it cramped things that much. I spoke with Glen a year ago and he would not entertain selling me anything because I was in Canada. Maybe that has changed.

Rman
12-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Fair enough.
I obviously mis-understood your response.

The Badger metal I used does not show on the link you posted. They did say they were comming out with some new stuff, and obviously they have. It would be worth a call to see if they still have a flush mount option, as they may still have it, and they may have made it longer.
Give Glenn another shout, and he'll point you in the right direction to get his stuff up here. The extra mag length is well worth it. There is a certain fella in Edmonton that may have it in stock...Joe something or other...;)
I do not know of any flush mount mag that gets a decent length, and I looked fairly hard at the time. The Seekins stuff isn't obnoxious or tacticool long, but hangs down about an inch or so.

R.

gopher
12-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Chuck those sleeved rings you have do they add any MOA ?

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Fair enough.
I obviously mis-understood your response.

The Badger metal I used does not show on the link you posted. They did say they were comming out with some new stuff, and obviously they have. It would be worth a call to see if they still have a flush mount option, as they may still have it, and they may have made it longer.
Give Glenn another shout, and he'll point you in the right direction to get his stuff up here. The extra mag length is well worth it. There is a certain fella in Edmonton that may have it in stock...Joe something or other...;)
I do not know of any flush mount mag that gets a decent length, and I looked fairly hard at the time. The Seekins stuff isn't obnoxious or tacticool long, but hangs down about an inch or so.

R.

Thanks. I'm still debating whether or not to do it. I'm kinda Ho Hum on the PT&G stuff that is on there but may just go with Williams in the end.

Pathfinder76
12-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Chuck those sleeved rings you have do they add any MOA ?

No they don't. The ring/base has 10 MOA built into it and can also be had with 30. With the load I have in that rifle I have oodles of come up in there so it worked nicely.

TangoKilo
12-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I have an M5 assembly that will be going into a heavy 308 build. It looks to be very nice quality, but as the rifle is far from finished I cant comment on its function.

I'm seriously considering swapping out the Williams steel bottom metal on my current .223 build for a Badger M5 assembly...

So many options...

Pathfinder76
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I have an M5 assembly that will be going into a heavy 308 build. It looks to be very nice quality, but as the rifle is far from finished I cant comment on its function.

I'm seriously considering swapping out the Williams steel bottom metal on my current .223 build for a Badger M5 assembly...

So many options...

You have a buyer for the Williams! :)

TangoKilo
12-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Thats funny....

If i do decide to go M5, you can have the Williams for whatever I paid you for it!