PDA

View Full Version : Wide Open at Chin Lake

Dale S
12-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Packed up all the ice fishing gear headed to Chin. Got down there and no ice wide open. Even where we were fishing last weekend wide open. So we headed to Fincastle. There was 1" of ice in spots and lots of open water.We then headed home grabed the fishing rods and went backed to Chin to fish from shore. We had 1 bite no fish. Thats 2 trips to Chin with no fish.

Guitarplayingfish
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Look harder =) I was catching whites 3 weeks ago and just got back fishing all morning.... caught 4 lost 4. Be very weary on SA Ice right now..most spots are 1-3 inches, although luckily I found a small section that was over a foot of ice depth yesterday/today. By next week hopefully it will really start thickening up.

npauls
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Erik if you were fishing the spot I think you were then you weren't on Chin.

I wish we could get the cold snap we need to get some good ice forming.

Guitarplayingfish
12-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Erik if you were fishing the spot I think you were then you weren't on Chin.

I wish we could get the cold snap we need to get some good ice forming.

No, I wasn't at chin but I was in SA still... haha. The whitefish were chin but that was 3 weeks ago.. That damn chinook ate the ice away fast, it was only fishable for like a day or two.

npauls
12-04-2011, 06:50 PM
No, I wasn't at chin but I was in SA still... haha. The whitefish were chin but that was 3 weeks ago.. That damn chinook ate the ice away fast, it was only fishable for like a day or two.

From the way you explained the whites spot to me it isn't chin at all. I will explain to you next time we talk.

Guitarplayingfish
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
From the way you explained the whites spot to me it isn't chin at all. I will explain to you next time we talk.

sigh....:sign0176: