PDA

View Full Version : Weather affecting the fishing?

uicehole
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Been perusing the reports and noticing that since the cold snap the fishing's not been very good. Alright, there's been a few people who's done well but by and large the old reliable spots weren't fishing as well as say a couple of weeks ago. I've always believed that a cold front really turns fish off and unstable lows keeps the fish cranky. Any one else observed this? Just my luck, I finally have a free weekend and the temp and barometer are dropping just in time.:mad3:

Walleyes
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Thats a definite uicehole,, happens every time especially in the winter.. The sun does help somewhat when its out but for the most part it slow going... I have decided to sit this one out,, I have tried it twice in the last two weeks and it just ain't worth it not yet,,, Give it another two weeks and they will be feeding better and another after that and they will be feeding heavy,,, can't wait...

BEL
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I was doing well with whitefish just before the cold weather hit. Have been out 3 times since Sunday and only iced one fish. BEL

SNAPFisher
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm the opposite as I have done much better during and since the cold snap. I always seem to do better when the weather sucks. :huh:

The other possibility around this time of year is that fish begin to move. I know the spot that I fished at Gull in Dec and Jan was fantastic and is now almost a waste of time. That lake is great for finding areas that work for differnent times of year....almost a text book lake.

I would tend to think it is more related to fish having moved a bit than being off from the change in weather. Just my .2 cents.

uicehole
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Aw Snap, ya just went and blew away my favorite excuse.