PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne, Cross, or Long Island Lake

crazyperch
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Me and a buddy are looking to get out for the first time trip of the year this weekend. we are debating on going to either, Lac La Nonne, Cross or Long Island Lake.
We have never fished any of these lakes and im just wondering if anyone could give us a report on what lake we should try first at this time of year.

ice reports would be help full as well.

Thanks

crazyperch
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Btt

rm206
12-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I had a buddy fishing out at cross last weekend ice is good to walk on he said he only went out a hundred yards or so from shore and managed to catch a few perch and a couple pike.

crazyperch
12-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks RN, we are starting to lean towards Lac La Nonne.
But Cross will be on the list this year for sure

Whitetail77
12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
We have a cabin at laclanonne and the pick fishing has been not bad there over the past few years. There is an underwater island accross the lake from Killdeer beack and a bunch of points arount the lake that usually produce. Easy to get on by Lyons store on the north side.

crazyperch
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
We have a cabin at laclanonne and the pick fishing has been not bad there over the past few years. There is an underwater island accross the lake from Killdeer beack and a bunch of points arount the lake that usually produce. Easy to get on by Lyons store on the north side.

Thanks Whitetail, how is the Perch fishing out there?

chriscosta
12-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Id be careful on cross the best fishing is way on the opposite side of the beach but we broke the ice with a truck not once but twice over the past eight years or so maybe springs idk

crazyperch
12-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Id be careful on cross the best fishing is way on the opposite side of the beach but we broke the ice with a truck not once but twice over the past eight years or so maybe springs idk

yeah i have heard there are a lot of springs in cross lake.
but i would still like to try it sometime this year

rm206
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Ya definatly becareful with springs on cross but the nice thing is that if your haveing a bad day at cross, long Island isnt to far or even forfar for that matter I personally havent done to much fishing on forfar or long island so I cant comment on how the fishing is.

HunterDave
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't know about the ice conditions but Lac Lanonne is usually pretty good. There's good access on the west side. Take the Rng Rd off hwy 33 at Willowbend Resort and follow the road over the hill and right to the lake.

Lac Ste Anne might be good if the ice is thick enough.

Whitetail77
12-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Willowbend also usually has good access, but last year they plowed snow and it was blocked. Our cabin is just down the road from Willowbend. Perch fishing use to be great (15 years ago) use to catch lots of humpies. Walley fishing is definately making a comeback, but I haven't targeted winter walleye ina long time.