PDA

View Full Version : trout lake south of highriver

d bowhunter
12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Im trying to find the name of a lake south of highriver and north of pine coule, there is a canel from the lake to the highriver. There is rainbow trout in it, small narrow lake never been there but would like to try it. If u might know that would b great, Thanks Dave

sir pikealott
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Sounds like "Old Woman Res" (that's whats on the signs at the lake) or another name is "Squaw Res" as my friend called it. Just on the south side of High River 10-15mins and a little West. Not as far as Pine that's forsure. It does have the over flow from the Highwood like you mention. Fished it a few times, been a few years now that my buddy moved out of High River (took a job in Vancouver). Pan size rainbows and a little bigger at the south end causway. I hand balmed my 12ft aluminum in there and looked around with the fish finder. Typical Coolie, drop off to the middle and right back up on the other side. Saw tons of indications, but my best fishing was from the south causway from shore. The biggest rainbow I caught was out of the north canal (over flow in the high season from the Highwood.), that's where i was told to fish when the Highwood was up. It was 25 3/4". I did not expect that at all. I'm told the lake is generally better when the river is running high and over flowing the canal. As for Ice fishing......????? no idea. Any way, I dont know the range roads so cant help you there. It was kind of a "from memory" thing (pass the barn, you've gone to far.......ya know?). Someone on here may be able to help with the road #'s. Sounded like the lake you might be talking about? Hope you can find what your looking for.