PDA

View Full Version : Sibbald ponds/Winchell lake

bowness
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Going out this weekend to cut an x mas tree. Heading to Sibbald but may also try Winchell soon. Any info on conditions? Success?

hanayalator
12-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I was at Winchell two weeks ago I think. Ice is decent, probably 5-6 inches at that time. Fishing was hit or miss. We went two hours without a bite, and then I caught 3 within 20 minutes. Going to check it out this weekend. I'll post the results.

bowness
12-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I will update my attempts at Sibbald lake and pond.

Kingfisher
12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I have no idea about the ice conditions at Sibbald. But I can tell you I was out there prior to freeze up and the lake was just bubbling with fish. It looked like a pot of boiling water. So if that's any indication as to what sort of success you will have, then you should have a pretty good day out there. http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/4.gif

Cheers,
Rob

tallieho
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
12-16"" of snow at winchell,no-one been fishing,since last wk. snow..was very slow before the snowfall

bowness
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Went to sibbald lake and sibbald meadows pond yesterday. Only thing I caught was attention form CO's. Got checked for my tree permit and fishing!

I always try the lake hoping they are still alive. This year the water levels were higher than previous so I thought there might be some survival. My test fishery came up empty but then again it also did for the pond and I know they are in there. CO was nice enough to tell my wife that the fishing was good. It is a very hit and miss fishery.

kinwahkly
12-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Winchell fished good today, but the road in is a mess, and there was a lot of flood water.