PDA

View Full Version : PCR questions

happyfisher
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
heading to PCR sunday afternoon for some burbs......is it all frozen? i usually go to the area where the docks are.......can i just go north of the bridge? how deep do u figure?

thanks!!!!

:fighting0030:

Richard B.
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
The ice was 4" on the south side at the boat launch yesterday. At the bridge there were signs that others had been on the ice but I did not go down to check the ice

good luck

happyfisher
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
thanks man !!!!!

ill b out on sunday!!!

happy

nightcrawler
12-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I am new to the forum, and the area. Just moved here from BC. I have been reading a lot of the threads and keep hearing about PCR. Is that short for Pine Coulee Res?

jacenbeers
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I am new to the forum, and the area. Just moved here from BC. I have been reading a lot of the threads and keep hearing about PCR. Is that short for Pine Coulee Res?

You got it. It is well known for being overstocked with mini walleye and holds lots of burbot.

nightcrawler
12-10-2011, 08:18 PM
You got it. It is well known for being overstocked with mini walleye and holds lots of burbot.

Overstocked? Does that mean it might be a good place to bring my 3 and 4 year old for a sure bite?

WayneChristie
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Overstocked? Does that mean it might be a good place to bring my 3 and 4 year old for a sure bite?

summertime, guaranteed, winter can be a little slower. but its an awesome lake to keep kids occupied. and me too, I love mindless entertainment! :sHa_shakeshout: also the odd 30 pound plus walleye stealing pike around in there, sure wakes you up when they grab your fish!
And welcome to the forum

nightcrawler
12-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Wayne, I might take the boys over there this weekend and see what happens. Took them to the little pond in Nic. Sheran park in Lethbridge today. They had a blast but no fish!

happyfisher
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
great fishery for kids.......guaranteed:sHa_sarcasticlol: to catch something......

WayneChristie
12-10-2011, 10:36 PM
great fishery for kids.......guaranteed:sHa_sarcasticlol: to catch something......

guaranteed is a bad word to use in fishing :sHa_sarcasticlol: Ive had 200 fish days in there, and a zero fish day while the ice was going off as well. OK in the summer, guarantee would be pretty darn close

gr8tbigkid
12-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Well i was there today around 230-3 ish and Orv and his better half i think and hooch and his friend was kind enuff to drill some fantastic holes and leave them for us an hour after we got there they had 14 burbs and had caught few eyes then me and my son took over and from 430 till bought 645 we had all rods going like crazzy they hadnt even left yet we had one on then just at dusk we had all 4 rods on was bit interesting to say the least ended up with 12 burbs in bucket and 4 eyes back into the holes lost at least 6 and here it is now 12:35 at night and i just finished cleaning my fish got a blister on two fingers .... guess i am a woosy and 3 large freezer bags full of fish meat oh its gonna taste sooooo good!!!! and oh ya 30lbs pike well something got the one line when my kid hooked up and it was 12lbs tessss and umm it ddnt stand chance snap!!!:thinking-006: so ya big stuff in there to thnx for the holes glad you couldnt stay...lmao...:sHa_shakeshout::) and that pic of the sink that sink is deep...and 3/4 full lolololol

The-Legend
12-11-2011, 12:23 PM
NICE BURBS!!!!! we were on the north side of the bridge in a big red tent only landed 6 burbs a few eyes and a small pike definitely did not have the same luck as you!

wbaj
12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Well i was there today around 230-3 ish and Orv and his better half i think and hooch and his friend was kind enuff to drill some fantastic holes and leave them for us an hour after we got there they had 14 burbs and had caught few eyes then me and my son took over and from 430 till bought 645 we had all rods going like crazzy they hadnt even left yet we had one on then just at dusk we had all 4 rods on was bit interesting to say the least ended up with 12 burbs in bucket and 4 eyes back into the holes lost at least 6 and here it is now 12:35 at night and i just finished cleaning my fish got a blister on two fingers .... guess i am a woosy and 3 large freezer bags full of fish meat oh its gonna taste sooooo good!!!! and oh ya 30lbs pike well something got the one line when my kid hooked up and it was 12lbs tessss and umm it ddnt stand chance snap!!!:thinking-006: so ya big stuff in there to thnx for the holes glad you couldnt stay...lmao...:sHa_shakeshout::) and that pic of the sink that sink is deep...and 3/4 full lolololol

So what is your favorite way to cook these bad boys?

gr8tbigkid
12-11-2011, 05:56 PM
deep fryed in wife's speacial beer batter OMG so good just ate whoole bag :sHa_shakeshout::medium-smiley-035::happy0034:

happyfisher
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
just got back from PCR at boat launch......caught 2 wall and 6 burbs between 4-5:30

nice burbs too......gave them too my mom..she didnt want them...booooo

i brought a bud but hes retarded.....

happy:scared0015:

WayneChristie
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
deep fryed in wife's speacial beer batter OMG so good just ate whoole bag :sHa_shakeshout::medium-smiley-035::happy0034:

try brining some, then sprinkling with crushed montreal steak spice and smoking them, they are amazing!!!

Bigdad013
12-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Anywhere around stavely to get bait? Or any other suggestions and what time they would open. Heading out Friday

WayneChristie
12-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Anywhere around stavely to get bait? Or any other suggestions and what time they would open. Heading out Friday

try Claresholm, they have some sort of superstore knock off I believe

bowness
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes it is is a small "superstore". Love your posts waynechristie

azn_rice_man
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
My fav to prep it is in the oven, boneless filet topped with butter and old bay seasoning!