PDA

View Full Version : Got me a fatfish

silverdoctor
12-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Basspro has the fatfish 949 for $219.00. It's a fair size, near 8X8 at the base.
basic basspro 6" auger is $34 and the drill attachment.

Think i'm ready to fish now :sHa_shakeshout:

FishingFrenzy
12-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Wow, thats a great price for a huge tent like that! Congrats on the new gear, icefishing is an addiction.....no joke.

When I heard people talking about those tents onsale at basspro, i though they were talking about the 3man.

Make sure to get yourself a nice sled, sucks trying to carry everything out onto the ice.

Tight lines!

Willowtrail
12-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats on a great tent.
I picked up the 9416 and have used it 3 times already. 8' x 14'ish. Could almost have a party in there.
The backpack bag makes it nice to haul out on the lake and there's enough room in it to get a frozen tent in it. First trip was -20 when we packed up.
Now get a bigbuddy heater and your set.

Enjoy your new toys

anthony5
12-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Guy, enough already, have to wait for X-mas for mine, it's not fair:angry3:
I really hope you fellas enjoy them as much as I think i'm going to.:sHa_shakeshout:

Willowtrail
12-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Guy, enough already, have to wait for X-mas for mine, it's not fair:angry3:
I really hope you fellas enjoy them as much as I think i'm going to.:sHa_shakeshout:

Your going to, it's worth the wait. :sHa_shakeshout:

Which one did you land?

Xiph0id
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I paid 219 for the 767

Nice buy!

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice savings... hope u make good use of it

anthony5
12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
949 if my better half is playin the game, did'nt go after the insulated one my heater should do the trick:sHa_shakeshout:

silverdoctor
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
http://calgary.flyerland.ca/bass-pro-shops/110/flyer/72913?mode=single&page=14

Sale is good til the 24th. Talking to one of the employees, they just had a bunch come in on a truck today.

I'll be using it for sure, haven't ice fished in years but am going to run to chestermere for a look tomorrow and play with the pike. only -4 tomorrow but what odds.

If anyone is looking to head out tomorrow, feel free to join me. I've got a couple of extra rods and a big bag of small smelts if anyone wants to join me. Just look for the big red tent on the south side.

GummyMonster
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM
morning,
How quickly does the 9416 set up? lots of anchors, good quality, etc? Sending an order for one tomorrow morn, and want to be sure its money well spent.
Thank's in advance for your time,
Ken

Congrats on a great tent.
I picked up the 9416 and have used it 3 times already. 8' x 14'ish. Could almost have a party in there.
The backpack bag makes it nice to haul out on the lake and there's enough room in it to get a frozen tent in it. First trip was -20 when we packed up.
Now get a bigbuddy heater and your set.

Enjoy your new toys

silverdoctor
12-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Not sure which one this is, but they are pretty easy going up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmK7SKFLjM&feature=related

It's recommended to anchor the corners before bringing it up in the wind, you'll see why.

Was going to set mine up last night but the apartment is too small for it.

SalmoTrutta
12-11-2011, 09:19 AM
good stuff..like to see a guy save a buck, especially at BPS, I find they are well out of the park on everything, their BPS brand names seem to be good value though.

fergy
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Bought the 949i in north dakota as i work down there, the thing is great except the windows suck. they are velcro and don't really fit all that well on the tent. But otherwise i love it

Willowtrail
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
morning,
How quickly does the 9416 set up? lots of anchors, good quality, etc? Sending an order for one tomorrow morn, and want to be sure its money well spent.
Thank's in advance for your time,
Ken

They set up super quick. Maybe 30 seconds for 2 guys, haven't tried alone yet.

I don't use the anchors supplied with tents. I use these instead, I find easier because I always have an auger with me.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/willowtrail/Fishing/IMG-20110325-00024.jpg

The Fisherman Guy
12-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Those are really cool Willow. What are they called, and where did you find them?

Ever roll your ankle while leaving the tent?

Willowtrail
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Those are really cool Willow. What are they called, and where did you find them?

Ever roll your ankle while leaving the tent?

I got them out of the states. I ordered 16 extras. I have 4 for my tent but only ever used 2 at a time on my Fatfish. Keeps the hubs from blowing in on a windy day.

GummyMonster
01-05-2012, 06:34 AM

I don't use the anchors supplied with tents. I use these instead, I find easier because I always have an auger with me.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/willowtrail/Fishing/IMG-20110325-00024.jpg

Could you give a name, or link for these, looks like an excellent anchor.
Thank's in advance
Ken

calgarygringo
01-05-2012, 06:52 AM
If you Google the above there is lots of info and some Youtube videos on these things. They look pretty slick. Just be prepared to spend a few bucks if you are like us southerners and need 4 of them to hold down the fort.

stinkynuts
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I sure have noticed Bass Pro has some smokin prices lately I just bought a Clam Keni for 279 here in Edmonton then I looked on line and Bass pro I think it was 229 thats cheap

npauls
01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I sure have noticed Bass Pro has some smokin prices lately I just bought a Clam Keni for 279 here in Edmonton then I looked on line and Bass pro I think it was 229 thats cheap

Be careful with online pricing.

I have noticed that the prices in the Calgary store are quite a bit more then online.

The one pair of wading boots I wanted to buy were $120 online and in store they came out to $190 after taxes

I am betting that the kenai is the same price that you payed or more in the Calgary store.

Dan Foss
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Not sure which one this is, but they are pretty easy going up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmK7SKFLjM&feature=related

It's recommended to anchor the corners before bringing it up in the wind, you'll see why.

Was going to set mine up last night but the apartment is too small for it.

Holy crap, I never even thought about that. weird. I guess i just assumed that the distances of the corners would change when it was unfolded but thinking about it now, that doesnt make sense.

thanks

Dan Foss
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM

So do you attach your bungee to the corners of the tent or to the hubs? I usually anchor down on my corners and only anchor a hub if the wind is strong enough to blow one in. approximately what did you pay for a set of 4(if you dont mind sharing)?

TROLLER
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Could you give a name, or link for these, looks like an excellent anchor.
Thank's in advance
Ken

The are called ice angels and you can get them on the internet. Better yet,go to princess auto or some such place and make your own. All you need is a 7 1/4 saw blade that you cut in half with all the hardware available anywhere. If I get my camera working I'll put up some pic's of the ones I made. cost me about 10 bucks each.

Willowtrail
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
So do you attach your bungee to the corners of the tent or to the hubs? I usually anchor down on my corners and only anchor a hub if the wind is strong enough to blow one in. approximately what did you pay for a set of 4(if you dont mind sharing)?

I hook them to the hubs so they don't blow in.

I haven't had to anchor my corners down, I normally put snow on the skirt, a little hard this year but still put the snow from the holes on the skirt on the windy side. I use either bungees or ratchet straps, whatever I have handy.