PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions Touchwood,Spencer,Seibert Area

blackonblackfx4
12-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Has anyone been up to this area at all?

Want to hit up spencer next weekend if theres enough ice to quad along the shore on touchwood.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

blackonblackfx4
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Bump.

Someone from St. Paul/Bville area must know what the conditions are like on seibert?

Couleestalker
12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Not sure about those lakes but hope to make it to Spencer or Blackett over x-mas. Guys have been driving on Vincent and Stoney for a while now. My brother went to Murphy (Sask) and said there was about 14". I heard last night that a truck fell through Pinehurst but can't confirm for sure.

blackonblackfx4
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Not sure about those lakes but hope to make it to Spencer or Blackett over x-mas. Guys have been driving on Vincent and Stoney for a while now. My brother went to Murphy (Sask) and said there was about 14". I heard last night that a truck fell through Pinehurst but can't confirm for sure.

Wow! Keep me updated. Would have to be nuts to drive a truck on those deep lakes this early.

Tikka300
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah seen pictures of a truck dropping through from st.paul area. wasn't sure which lake but pinehurst would make sense. Alot of these lakes you have to watch out for small creeks and springs tough to tell unless you know about the lakes.

Will be there for Christmas and will hit a few lakes.

rookiemoosehunter
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Quads have been going all over blackett and Kanard for a few weeks now.
Last week the report I got was around 12".

blackonblackfx4
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah seen pictures of a truck dropping through from st.paul area. wasn't sure which lake but pinehurst would make sense. Alot of these lakes you have to watch out for small creeks and springs tough to tell unless you know about the lakes.

Will be there for Christmas and will hit a few lakes.

Can you post this pictures or forward them to me pretty please? It's ian_soccer20@hotmail.com

carlwashere
12-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Any new info about ice thickness/vehicle traffic and fishing reports for Pinehurst or Siebert would be appreciated. Post or pm me thanks.

SteveY66
12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Touchwood was up to 8" last weekend, would not recommend on driving this lake for awhile. The ice was thundering all day.

Fishing was slower than molasses.

sco22
12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
That is a good idea in respect to Touchwood. It seems to take a while longer to freeze, particularly at bare ***** point.

Where were you fishing on Touchwood? I found this last year that the traditional spots weren't great. In fact, we had our best luck for pike in 80 feet of water and only caught 1 in 4 days trolling through the narrows. Also, the first 2 bays were better for walleye than the point.

Cheers.

Dark Horn
12-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Went to Blackett on Thursday and there was 12" of ice for sure

blackonblackfx4
12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
HIGHLY not recommended to go on touchwood with anything but foot. Decided to be the first on the lake Saturday following the north shore with quads. Had to cross a small heave but ice by the campsite was about a foot. On the way back in the dark the wind had picked up and the ice was not solid, our tracks were now nearly straight up and down on the heave so I got off to take a look. The other side of the heave was wide open. Had to make a makeshift trail over the muskeg getting hung up on every beaver stump.

claynut
12-19-2011, 07:58 PM
is the staging area from pinehurst to blackett open or is it closed off