PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was fun

silverdoctor
12-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Went out to chestermere for a couple of hours, just for a trial run to see what else I need. Managed to land 8, lost 6 and fed god knows how many more.

First aid kit? Yeppers, had a pike try to take a finger back in the water with him. Looked like death on the ice in my tent with all the blood on the snow. But all's fair in love and piking, gotta expect some blood once in a while.

Heater? Yep, tent keeps out the wind but not the cold.

Broke off one rod, had the reel fall off another and made a mess of another reel.

The fatfish is very easy and quick to set up, very impressed. I didn't anchor it down but it took a minute to set it up and a few to knock it down and get it back in the bag.

GOT1!
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Chestermere lake always seems to be pretty eventful for me and my kids also, did you land any over 63"? I've only landed one "keeper" (barely 65cm ) in the 4 years I've lived out here, and ive put in some time on the ice and in the boat. Anyone manage to get anything of size outta the lake? Gotta be a few fatties in there somewhere. I've always wanted to put in a solid effort to see if I can't get into some perch, but I still havent attempted. Has anyone ever had decent sucess with perch? And how big?>>>> This year gonna try forsure!!!

silverdoctor
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I never measured to be honest with you, they smell too bad to keep. caught a couple today that were maybe a foot and a half but they are still fun to catch.