PDA

View Full Version : morinville resivour

topgun2269
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
hi guys is there perch in this pond? I heard there is?

Willowtrail
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
The pond winterkilled last year and they all died. Same as Hasse.

Grey Bush
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Hasse had winter kill last year?

Paul C
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
They are still catching the odd perch

@ Mornville pond. They are very tiny. There were some surviving trout over 1.5 lbs from last winter. Happy Fishing

horsetrader
12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Just remember Morrinville perch can't be harvested.

silverdoctor
12-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Really? why?

stephane
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Really? why?

it is listed under the fish stock program, and as per the regulations ONLY the stocked species may be harvested out of their waters.

Vega21
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM

Harvested as in we cant take them? :thinking-006:

HunterDave
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Harvested as in we cant take them? :thinking-006:

You can't keep any perch from there. They were introduced illegally and the no keep limit is to deter anyone from dumping them in. As already mentioned the perch winter killed in there last year and I don't think that there are any left. Hopefully it stays that way.

Vega21
03-23-2012, 01:07 PM
You can't keep any perch from there. They were introduced illegally and the no keep limit is to deter anyone from dumping them in. As already mentioned the perch winter killed in there last year and I don't think that there are any left. Hopefully it stays that way.

I actually enjoyed snagging Perch out of there a few years ago. On the slowest of days you were guaranteed to bring something home to prove to the wife you went fishing and not hookering.

HunterDave
03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I actually enjoyed snagging Perch out of there a few years ago. On the slowest of days you were guaranteed to bring something home to prove to the wife you went fishing and not hookering.

You are aware that taking perch home from there is/was illegal. Just sayin'.

Before the perch were introduced I would fish there quite often. Two years ago I went there on my sled and dropped a line. Before my bait hit the bottom I was getting bite after bite and after replacing my bait numerous times I finally hooked a fish. It was a little 3 or 4 inch perch........:angry3:. After about an hour of fishing I packed it in and vowed not to go fishing there anymore because IMO the lake had been ruined. Now that the lake is rid of them I hope that it stays that way.

If people want to catch perch there are millions of them in Nakamun and Devil's Lake a few miles in either direction. Why ruin a nice little fishing spot by introducing perch to it? Look what the idiots did to Hasse Lake that resulted in SRD not stocking it anymore.

I pity the fool that I catch putting anything in that lake. If perch do show up I'll report everyone that I see catching and keeping perch.

waterninja
03-24-2012, 07:09 AM
i,m confused. doesn't it make more sense to keep any perch caught to help reduce or eliminate them rather than return them to the water? the same thing happened in the veg. pond and the perch limit was increased to 15 to try and get rid of them.

Vega21
05-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Before the perch were introduced I would fish there quite often. Two years ago I went there on my sled and dropped a line. Before my bait hit the bottom I was getting bite after bite and after replacing my bait numerous times I finally hooked a fish. It was a little 3 or 4 inch perch........:angry3:. After about an hour of fishing I packed it in and vowed not to go fishing there anymore because IMO the lake had been ruined. Now that the lake is rid of them I hope that it stays that way.

If people want to catch perch there are millions of them in Nakamun and Devil's Lake a few miles in either direction. Why ruin a nice little fishing spot by introducing perch to it? Look what the idiots did to Hasse Lake that resulted in SRD not stocking it anymore.

I pity the fool that I catch putting anything in that lake. If perch do show up I'll report everyone that I see catching and keeping perch.

I always had conflicting reports on that lake. Every single person who fished there said it was ok to take as many perch ofcourse I should have done my due dilligence and made 100% sure. I was actually by there a few days ago and saw a guy fishing -strange sight seeing as it winter killed not long ago- and he said he pulled some nice size ones a day before and had a few bites right before I got there. If thats the case ill prolly be heading back out there soon enough.

crosbyfan123
05-09-2012, 03:41 PM

I just dont understand some people its a family pond if your a hardcore fisherman and go to morinville frequently i suggest you snap your rods and through them in the water. Id laugh for days if i seen someone reporting someone for catching a perch they cant help what bites their hooks. :snapoutofit:

Paul C
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I just dont understand some people its a family pond if your a hardcore fisherman and go to morinville frequently i suggest you snap your rods and through them in the water. Id laugh for days if i seen someone reporting someone for catching a perch they cant help what bites their hooks. :snapoutofit:
Wow....breaking fishing rods..Wow....Enjoy your laughter but never break a fishing rod. Thats like breaking 11th commandment of the fishing bible.

Doc
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM

The regs don't say you can't catch them, it says you can't harvest (keep) them. ASRD's idea is that, if you can't keep any perch out of a stocked trout fishery (unless specified), why would anyone be dumb enough to throw perch into a trout fishery? Problem is, anyone that would illegally introduce perch into a trout fishery is probably not worried to much about the regulations in the first place.

Paul C
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Doc;1431834]The regs don't say you can't catch them, it says you can't harvest (keep) them. ASRD's idea is that, if you can't keep any perch out of a stocked trout fishery (unless specified), why would anyone be dumb enough to throw perch into a trout fishery? Problem is, anyone that would illegally introduce perch into a trout fishery is probably not worried to much about the regulations in the first place.[/QUOTE
X2 The perch have been in both ponds for a very long time and finally winter killed was able to clean them out a bit.

crosbyfan123
05-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Lol doc read the other guys post that i quoted before you correct me...... Grab a brain.

the olds fisherman
05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Lol doc read the other guys post that i quoted before you correct me...... Grab a brain.

wow another super intelligent post from the fan of the guy who played what 25 games in the NHL? go back to facebook

pipco
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM

:shake:

:dork:

Doc
05-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Oh, I see. You were concentrating on just the word 'catching' instead of the word 'keeping' almost as if it wasn't directly associated with the word 'keeping' and pretending that you didn't know 'keeping' was the most important of the two words in Hunter Dave's statement. You were trying to be funny and/or sarcastic because Hunter Dave said Catch & keep as apposed to catch & release. Very Funny! (insert Sheldon laugh) Consider brain grabbed.

Sometimes sarcasm can not be read;
and sometimes it can.

Willowtrail
05-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh, I see. You were concentrating on just the word 'catching' instead of the word 'keeping' almost as if it wasn't directly associated with the word 'keeping' and pretending that you didn't know 'keeping' was the most important of the two words in Hunter Dave's statement. You were trying to be funny and/or sarcastic because Hunter Dave said Catch & keep as apposed to catch & release. Very Funny! (insert Sheldon laugh) Consider brain grabbed.

Sometimes sarcasm can not be read;
and sometimes it can.

Don't let him get to you Mike, He's just a troll. Waiting for ABB to drop the Ban Hammer

:party0052:

BGSH
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Don't let him get to you Mike, He's just a troll. Waiting for ABB to drop the Ban Hammer

:party0052:

x2, some people never learn.:bad_boys_20:

Doc
05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
No worries guys, I'm a big boy and have been playing the internet forum game a long time. Re-read my post again but with an overly sarcastic tone. :cheers:

Vega21
05-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Was there yesterday and completely skunked. Fished in the same area I had success 2 yrs ago when I fished there and nothing nadda.

Paul C
05-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Was there yesterday and completely skunked. Fished in the same area I had success 2 yrs ago when I fished there and nothing nadda. Fishing technique is key for getting some of those rainbows. Here's sundays catch. They are starting to get scrappy.

Vega21
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Fishing technique is key for getting some of those rainbows. Here's sundays catch. They are starting to get scrappy.

Wow thats as big as i've seen them and your fishing in the spot I normally fish at haha. Unreal. I was there from 11 till about 3 yesterday and didnt even get a nibble. Nice catch Paul C I was feeling discouraged but that pic got my hopes right back up.