PDA

View Full Version : Fatfish 949 issue

stephane
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Just picked up the new fatfish 949 tent by eskimo looking for a bit more room to play with.

I decided to set it up in the basement to see how it was.
I seem to be having an issue with a few of the lower rods not wanting to open up properly, has anyone else had this problem with any other tents?

is it something to be concerned about, it does make the doors rather tight on the lower half.

Heres a picture for reference:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/Side_Walk_When_She_Walks/2a47cbd1.jpg

Willowtrail
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I haven't had that issue on my 9416. Did you give it a little shake? maybe the floor is out of square?? So not opening out enough. I doubt it but worth a look. If no answer for it, return it and exchange it.

Where did you get it from? Take it back before you hit the ice.

mosbos
12-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I do not think that is an issue. i noticed that on my tent as well. I believe that is the way the lower pole is designed because of the doors. There were no problems with the door and I have had mine out on the ice a couple of times.

The Fisherman Guy
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Mine does the same thing. Not too worried about it.

stephane
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
i did notice it was only on the sides with the doors, it just seemed to be putting unnessesary downward pressure on the joint at the bottom, wasnt sure if it might just need to stretch out a bit.

Thanks for the replies.

other than that, it definately seems to be a nice setup, i like the additional windows and the added space will be a nice change for sure!

silverdoctor
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I didn't notice it on mine. the door is a bit tight when trying to zipper it.

Xiph0id
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I've had it happen the first time I opened it up in my house.
Once out in the cold it din't happen...

nicemustang
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
You don't have the floor square. If you have everything straight this won't happen, although not to be concerned about.