PDA

View Full Version : U of L pond

nightcrawler
12-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Has any one ever ice fished on the pond at the University of Lethbridge? I go to school there and keep wanting to try it.( something to do between classes) I have heard that there are decent pike in it, but was wondering if the ice was safe? Anyone??

kronk
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Nicholas Sherron?

If so, yes there are pike there... nothing huge though.. It is a funny little pond, and holds Pike, trout, carp, Crayfish, and a few other bottom feeders... obviously not naturally, and I think there is a health warning about consuming the fish there.

nightcrawler
12-13-2011, 12:36 AM
No, not N.Sheran. There is a apond on the University grounds, behind the Daycare. The University website states that there are some good size pike in it. I might go give N.S. a try sometime this week though. It is at least close. Thanks

npauls
12-13-2011, 12:41 AM
People have been kicked off by campus security for ice fishing it.

I may test it out one of these days and see if I can get away with it.

nightcrawler
12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I might give it a shot some day too and see how long I last.

gprime27
12-13-2011, 07:15 AM
I've caught some massive humpback perch in there :) .. A few decent pike..

Guitarplayingfish
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I used to fish it when I was young... There used to be soo many pike and it was a blast fishing... Last couple years its been pretty lame, constant algal blooms in the summer and poor water quality. I don't waste my time with it anymore, although I have never tried it through the ice.

matt04
12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I threw a couple hooks in there last summer and caught one small pike. Ihave a friend that goes there all the time durring open water and usually catches small pike as well. Not sure about ice fishing though.

bessiedog
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
and the wier at the bottom of the river down from u-hall. excellent goldeye dryfly action!!!

n. sheran has big fish in it. ive seen 25lb plus pike out of there and caught dome big breeder rainbows and brookies out of there.

it is pikarama on the daycare pond(nice to see they got a daycare back!)

i usedvto catch them lots between classes ans shifts at the zoo.

good fishing..... dont eat anything from there.... yukky pesticide fish..yuk!