PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar in Medicine Hat Court?....

Pages : [1] 2

drake
12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Anybody have any details about the allegations below?

http://www.cjcyfm.com/news-and-info/local-news/brock-lesnar-faces-charges-in-medicine-hat-court-2547/

ram crazy
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Now that is funny!!!! Maybe Strawboss can tell us more.

saddleup
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Rite now it is just charges, but the court date of January will tell the truth. Till then the rumour mills will run rampant...

Jamie Black R/T
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
i was just on my way here to post this.

doesnt seem to be related to the other thread accusing them of shutting others out of the pinhorn for this hunt.

stryker seems like a class act LOL

gopher
12-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Weak charges at best IMO

drake
12-15-2011, 01:02 PM
are the charges from this year?......someone must have some info! What is "posession of a controled animal" .

Jamie Black R/T
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
What is "posession of a controled animal" .

x2 ????

Albertadiver
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
What is "posession of a controled animal" .

That's when you put cabertosser in a kennel.

walking buffalo
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Weak charges at best IMO

What is weak about them?

A recent hunting trip to Alberta has landed former WWE and Ultimate Fighting Champion Brock Lesnar in some trouble.

Fish and Wildlife officers confirmed the international celebrity has been charged with three counts in contravention to the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Act. The charges came before Medicine Hat Provincial Court Thursday morning and include improper affixation of tags, spoilage of skin and edible flesh and possession of a controlled animal.

Neither Lesnar, nor his co-accused Chad Stryker, appeared in person in court. Their matter has been put over until January 19th.

singleshotom
12-15-2011, 01:15 PM
ATTENTION APOS !!!!!
I'm sure they will paying close attention if found or pleading guilty.
And their penalty will be far more savior for one of their own.
After all they police an penalize their own professionals.
DON'T THEY?
sst

drake
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
a quick google search shows that the co accused works for Trophy Hunters Alberta

LongDraw
12-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Spoilage of skin?

Jamie Black R/T
12-15-2011, 01:21 PM
AND edible flesh

gopher
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
What is weak about them?

IMO chicken crap charges not adhering the tag that could be anything yes I know what the rule is about that. Wasting edible meat possibly but that would be in the eye of the CO I am not eating deer hart I toss it is that wasting or grouse legs. Did he pick up a road kill owl or what? Just saying

drake
12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
IMO chicken crap charges not adhering the tag that could be anything yes I know what the rule is about that. Wasting edible meat possibly but that would be in the eye of the CO I am not eating deer hart I toss it is that wasting or grouse legs. Did he pick up a road kill owl or what? Just saying

thats kindda what i was thinking too.....

walking buffalo
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Based on you're response, it sounds like you don't know any details about the charges, just making a random judgement. Yes/no?

Without more details, it's pretty tough to form a personal opinion if the charges are "serious" or not.

Controlled animals are listed here. Schedule 5 Controlled Animals

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=wildlife+regulation&language=en&searchTitle=Statutes+and+Regulations+of+Alberta&path=/en/ab/laws/regu/alta-reg-143-1997/latest/alta-reg-143-1997.html

Pudelpointer
12-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Controlled animals are "non-game animals", like snakes, a few rodents and most songbirds and shorebirds. Included in that list are Rattlesnakes.

depopulator
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Spoilage of skin?

that's what I was thinking ? :snapoutofit:

ORV
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
here is the link

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/UFC/2011/12/15/19129241.html

gopher
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=walking buffalo;1209211]Based on you're response, it sounds like you don't know any details about the charges, just making a random judgement. Yes/no?

Yes

Without more details, it's pretty tough to form a personal opinion if the charges are "serious" or not.

But there still weak charges

mulecrazy
12-15-2011, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=walking buffalo;1209211]Based on you're response, it sounds like you don't know any details about the charges, just making a random judgement. Yes/no?

Yes

But there still weak charges

ahhh, I see, so there is not enough details to come to the conclusions that they are serious charges, but there apparently enough to deem them "weak". ROFLMAO okee dokee dude.

edit, due to Gophers lame try at a proper Quote it screwed up the quote for mine, I am not quoting WB.

Alberta Bigbore
12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Just heard it on 660 news........funny stuff..... Wonder if Fusion ammo will drop him as a spokesman or if WILDtv will drop his commercials like Fusion and that scent killer ad all together. Lol not that a cell phone camera couldn't make more footage

Donkey Oatey
12-15-2011, 02:42 PM
and here is another link :)

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=114552

unclebuck
12-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Typical of individuals of his ilk! No respect for the game that he is hunting, let alone for himself. Hope he gets the "big onion".

ORV
and here is another link :)

opps . sorry guys & gals did not see that one.

orv.

Donkey Oatey
Just heard it on 660 news........funny stuff..... Wonder if Fusion ammo will drop him as a spokesman or if WILDtv will drop his commercials like Fusion and that scent killer ad all together. Lol not that a cell phone camera couldn't make more footage

Actually from reading the other news story published http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/UFC/2011/12/15/19129241.html it does seem a bit minor. Will have to see more in January.

gopher
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=gopher;1209238]

ahhh, I see, so there is not enough details to come to the conclusions that they are serious charges, but there apparently enough to deem them "weak". ROFLMAO okee dokee dude.

edit, due to Gophers lame try at a proper Quote it screwed up the quote for mine, I am not quoting WB.

There weak sorry call it the way I see it

Jamie Black R/T
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Actually from reading the other news story published http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/UFC/2011/12/15/19129241.html it does seem a bit minor. Will have to see more in January.

question for the guys who travel and buy guided hunts around the world.

when you buy the allocation and hunt with a guide are you guys responsible to know the local laws and regulations or do you just trust the guide to walk you through it all?

seems mr stryker and his outfit are more to blame than the vanilla gorilla who can just claim ignorance.

Chet
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
From Calgary Sun Website:

Following a recent hunting trip to eastern Alberta, ultimate fighting superstar Brock Lesnar is grappling with a foe in an entirely different ring.

Charges related to the improper handling of hunted game were read out against the sometime UFC and WWE champ in Medicine Hat Provincial Court Thursday.

The burly fighter failed to properly tag at least one of two animals his party had shot — a white tail and a mule deer, said Darcy Whiteside, spokesman for Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.

“They shot an animal and didn’t tag it,” said Whiteside.

His guide and Albertan Chad Stryker, who was allegedly accompanying the celebrity, is also charged with the offences - unlawful possession of wildlife, abandon/wastage of the edible flesh of big game, and after killing wildlife, failure to immediately affix tag.

The alleged offences occurred over several days in mid November on a grazing reserve near Manyberries.

"In plain language, it would be considered poaching," said Whiteside.

Neither men appeared in court Thursday.

Lesnar’s well-known in hunting circles for stalking deer in Alberta.

The mixed martial arts and wrestling expert is a three-time WWE champ and took the UFC heavyweight title in 2008.

It’s not the first time Lesnar’s gone from hunter to prey during a game-bagging trip to Canada.

While bow-hunting white tail deer 100 km west of Brandon with his brother Chad in 2009, Lesnar was struck with diverticulitis, or an inflamed, infected colon.

He ripped the care he received at a Brandon hospital as “third world ... I had to get out of there.”

After four days in Brandon hospital, he was driven by his wife to Bismark, N.D. where he received continued medical care.

He was sidelined briefly by the condition but resumed his bouts with the UFC last May.

It was then that Lesnar again fell ill to diverticulitis, underwent surgery and in August declared his intention to return to the UFC.

bill.kaufmann@sunmedia.ca

twitter@SUNbillkaufmann

BDAJ
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
The charge of posession of a controlled animal could be referring to the deer he harvested. Maybe the heads weren't turned in for CWD testing. Just my assumption.

huntinstuff
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
He scared a mule deer to death then bit and killed a rattle snake. It died as he attempted cpr and as he held it in his hand, the CO showed up

Its all a big misunderstanding

mulecrazy
12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
There weak sorry call it the way I see it

your reasons are weak. I also call it as I see it.

Lefty-Canuck
12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
This adds a bit more mystery around the allegations that the Pinhorn was locked up to access during Brock's hunt. Strawboss was quick to say that wasn't the case. Would be interesting to see what he has to say about this....oh wait he is co-accused....tsk tsk.

LC

H380
12-15-2011, 03:33 PM
ATTENTION APOS !!!!!
I'm sure they will paying close attention if found or pleading guilty.
And their penalty will be far more savior for one of their own.
After all they police an penalize their own professionals.
DON'T THEY?
sst

Now that is the funniest post on the forum today ..

gopher
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
your reasons are weak. I also call it as I see it.

One thing is a for sure on this we will hear what the outcome is!

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
question for the guys who travel and buy guided hunts around the world.

when you buy the allocation and hunt with a guide are you guys responsible to know the local laws and regulations or do you just trust the guide to walk you through it all?

seems mr stryker and his outfit are more to blame than the vanilla gorilla who can just claim ignorance.

You should familiarize yourself with the laws but at the end of the day, you do trust your guide or outfitter to make sure you aren't breaking any laws. I know I make that very clear up front that everything must be done by the book and do question things that I'm unsure of along the way. No idea what happened here but it is possible you could get yourself in a jackpot without ever knowing it.

PGH
The charge of posession of a controlled animal could be referring to the deer he harvested. Maybe the heads weren't turned in for CWD testing. Just my assumption.

i think you are spot on with your assumption!

sheephunter
This adds a bit more mystery around the allegations that the Pinhorn was locked up to access during Brock's hunt. Strawboss was quick to say that wasn't the case. Would be interesting to see what he has to say about this....oh wait he is co-accused....tsk tsk.

LC

I thought it was established that the deer weren't shot on the Pinhorn?

Deer Hunter
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Another black eye for Alberta outfitters. Glad to see SRD getting serious with the professionals and not just the weekend warrior.

saddleup
12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
It was established that the deer was not shot in the Pinhorn grazing reserve, rather that it was the Natural Area, not a part of the pinhorn reserve. Dont you remember, you sat on that very point many times....lol

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
It was established that the deer was not shot in the Pinhorn grazing reserve, rather that it was the Natural Area, not a part of the pinhorn reserve. Dont you remember, you sat on that very point many times....lol

That's what I thought. Not sure I ever said I sat there but I said it sure looked like an area that wasn't on the Pinhorn that I'd hunted.

Deer Hunter
12-15-2011, 04:08 PM
That's what I thought. Not sure I ever said I sat there but I said it sure looked like an area that wasn't on the Pinhorn that I'd hunted.

What does where the deer was shot have to do with anything? i dont understand this issue. update me please if it matters to this case.

huntin
12-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Trophy Hunters Alberta Is A joke I have guided for them in the past they have allocations all over the province the last hunt i did for them I set up Camp scouted for 2 days called mr. outfitter told him where i was and ask when the hunters were coming out give him directions to the camp. He sent his son who now runs the outfit i belive he got lost ended up 2 hours away with the hunters told them all kids of lies about 180 inch muleys and book wt I was in 429 general md at that time. It would be GOOD to see That outfit go down. But he has really good lawers

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
What does where the deer was shot have to do with anything? i dont understand this issue. update me please if it matters to this case.

There was a thread a while back where the location the deer was shot was hotly debated. If I remember right it was concluded that it wasn't on the Pinhorn. When lefty said it was it just raised a question in my mind. Not sure if it really has anything to do with the case or not.

If you do a search you'll find the old thread I'm sure.

Don K
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Maybe Brock has 'special privileges'. Isn't that a feather on his chest?:sign0161:

New Hunter Okotoks
12-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I think that the blame should be placed on the Guide. Lesnar is here to shoot trophy animals and is most certainly under the assumption that the Guide is doing his job making sure that everything is done right. Should Lesnar be double checking the regs,zone maps and everything else to make sure that he is legal? In my opinion,that is part of what the guide is being paid to do.

I hope the Powers That Be don't go sending a message that we don't want people spending big money on guided trips here in Alberta. I especially hope that Lesnar doesn't get labeled a poacher if he was operating under the instruction of a licensed guide.

pickrel pat
12-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I think that the blame should be placed on the Guide. Lesnar is here to shoot trophy animals and is most certainly under the assumption that the Guide is doing his job making sure that everything is done right. Should Lesnar be double checking the regs,zone maps and everything else to make sure that he is legal? In my opinion,that is part of what the guide is being paid to do.

I hope the Powers That Be don't go sending a message that we don't want people spending big money on guided trips here in Alberta. I especially hope that Lesnar doesn't get labeled a poacher if he was operating under the instruction of a licensed guide.

x2......... if you were going on an african hunt, would you have all the maps, unit numbers, etc.... or would you expect your guide/outfitter to take care of it?

H380
12-15-2011, 04:59 PM
x3 .. I would hope that a hunter could trust his guide to steer him straight and avoid any of the "shady spots ".

ishootbambi
12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
now this isnt rumor...something at least happened here.

pattycr125
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
brock lesnars a ***** i hope he gets banned from hunting here, haha what a stupid roid monkey.

Lonnie
12-15-2011, 05:20 PM
still innocent untill proven guilty and has not went to court yet

220swifty
12-15-2011, 05:27 PM
My personal opinion on charges of this nature is that the onus should mainly fall on the outfitter. He was paid to conduct a hunt, and obligated to carry it out in a legal matter. If convicted, that will show his negligence in the matter.

Badgoodguy
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
So I read that he and his buddy were to appear in court today but they did not show up so my question is shouldnt there be a bench warrant issued for them ?

Just Curious

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 05:41 PM
So I read that he and his buddy were to appear in court today but they did not show up so my question is shouldnt there be a bench warrant issued for them ?

Just Curious

Guessing their lawyer appeared for them.....

Big Daddy Badger
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I just new those animals wouldn't pass the pee test....lol

Guess we'll have to see what comes of it....

rwm1273
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
The article makes it very clear that the journalist does not like Lesnar too much. What does his colon have to do with poaching?

eastcoast
12-15-2011, 06:01 PM
still innocent til proven guilty.

LCCFisherman
12-15-2011, 06:02 PM
I just heard he bought a bunch of land in SK as well...

NewAlbertan
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
inflamed,infected colon.
Was this caused by deer hunting, or MMA?
:thinking-006:

270WIN
12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Who the hell is he? Never heard of him until today. :)

Lefty-Canuck
12-15-2011, 07:29 PM
There was a thread a while back where the location the deer was shot was hotly debated. If I remember right it was concluded that it wasn't on the Pinhorn. When lefty said it was it just raised a question in my mind. Not sure if it really has anything to do with the case or not.

If you do a search you'll find the old thread I'm sure.

Strawboss....was the one who said it wasn't taken there. He is also the one named as a co-accused with Brock....I will hold my opinions on the matter till the evidence is presented and the court case has finished.

Just a BIG coincidence he is the one who so strongly stated it was not the Pinhorn when who knows it could have been :) ....all speculation at this point though.

LC

pointer
12-15-2011, 07:50 PM
still innocent untill proven guilty and has not went to court yet

guilty untill proven innocent ya mean?

dgl1948
12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Would this be the deer in question?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=106135&highlight=brock+lesnar

Post #1
Brock Lesnar's big whitetail shot in Alberta

I saw a hunting show today with Brock Lesnar the (Ultimate Fighter) and I believe it was the Eastern side of Alberta in some pretty rough terrian and he was hunting for a big mule deer the weather was terrible. The second day they spot this HUGE whitetail buck and he didn't have a whitetail tag so they said he passed. He ends up shooting a fairly nice mule deer but at the end of the show they said he went back with a whitetail tag and they found the deer and he shot it. The outfitter/ guide said it was the biggest buck he had ever saw. It did look like a giant but they didn't say how big or they didn't show a real good picture for very long. Does anyone know what this deer scored or did they see this show I'm talking about. I didn't get the name of the show I missed the first couple minutes. It was a real dandy. If anyone know I'd like to know or see another picture of this deer.

Post #12
Yea he went back after and found the white tail and shot it??????? Sounds like a nice way to say I shot it then went and got the tag.

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Strawboss....was the one who said it wasn't taken there. LC

Think a few others said that as well ;) No idea, just didn't look like it to me.

bearbuster
12-15-2011, 08:57 PM

This story seems to talk more about the poor guys arse than the hunting charges

Toirtis
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Controlled animals are "non-game animals", like snakes, a few rodents and most songbirds and shorebirds. Included in that list are Rattlesnakes.

I suspect he may have had a dead rattlesnake in his possession, based on the charge, the area in which he was caught, and what I know of Lesnar.

sheephunter
12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
A bit more info....

UFC star Brock Lesnar charged with 3 deer-hunting violations in Alberta
By Dave Orrick
dorrick@pioneerpress.com
Updated: 12/15/2011 10:59:33 PM CST

Brock Lesnar answers questions from the media during an open workout at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center on Aug. 6, 2008, in downtown Minneapolis. (Pioneer Press: Sherri LaRose-Chiglo)
Ultimate fighting superstar and Minnesotan Brock Lesnar was charged Thursday in Canada with deer-hunting violations.

Lesnar, 34, of Alexandria, Minn., has been charged in Medicine Hat with three counts of violating the Alberta Wildlife Act in connection with a 2010 hunting and fishing trip, according to court officials and published reports.

The three counts are failing to tag a deer after killing it; allowing edible mule deer flesh to be wasted or abandoned; and illegal possession of a deer, a Medicine Hat Provincial Court official said.

The former University of Minnesota wrestler was summoned to appear Thursday, but his case has been continued until Jan. 19. Lesnar could not be reached for comment.

The Calgary Herald reported that the case, which also involves charges against a guide, came to the attention of authorities after an inspection of a taxidermist.

"A whitetail deer was found in the possession of the taxidermist and was not tagged, and as a result of that, an investigation ensued," Alberta Sustainable Resource Development spokesman Darcy Whiteside told the Herald, which reported that Lesnar's charges include both a whitetail and a mule deer.

As an American, Lesnar required a guide to hunt in Alberta.

"It is the responsibility of both the hunter and the guide to follow the regulations as it relates to hunting," Whiteside said.

The maximum penalty for each charge is a $50,000 fine and a year in prison.

On Dec. 30, Lesnar is scheduled

northernhunter
12-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I remember the firts post on here that had pictures of Brocks deer. I have been searching through the pages trying to find it, anyone know where that oroginal post is.

northernhunter
12-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Never mind I found it

Mountain Guy
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM
For those that think its the outfitter/guide's responsibility to knowe the rules.....How can Brockhead possibly know that you need to put a tag on a deer you shoot?

walking buffalo
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
What would you do if you saw a big WT while hunting MD and you didn't have a tag for it? :thinking-006:

Mountain Guy
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
What would you do if you saw a big WT while hunting MD and you didn't have a tag for it? :thinking-006:

For me....that wouldn't be possible. I always have my WT tag till the end of the season. Well not always...back in 2006 I filled it mid season!

Teamprotz
12-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Write a cheque and it'll all go away !

Deer Hunter
12-16-2011, 06:57 AM
I wonder if the deer was seized?

DG78
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Reading the Hat paper this morn it seemed all the evidence was from you tube. No one is possibly silly enough to video themselves doing something illegal? Or have I missed something? Even if it didn't show them taking all the meat it would be tough to prove that they didn't go back after and get everything. Also it would have to be a awfully shady taxidermist to take a animal without a tag, they are usually quite strict on that.

groundhog
12-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I just heard he bought a bunch of land in SK as well...

Yes he does own land in SK by Maryfield and it’s great WT hunting too, 15 min from the farm I grew up on. I have hunted there for many years and now every thing is posted. Does any one here know if he is charged if it’s a criminal offence?
So as a Non resident he can’t hunt in the south half of SK, I just wonder if there is any thing illegal going on there??

Jamie Black R/T
12-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Reading the Hat paper this morn it seemed all the evidence was from you tube. No one is possibly silly enough to video themselves doing something illegal? Or have I missed something? Even if it didn't show them taking all the meat it would be tough to prove that they didn't go back after and get everything. Also it would have to be a awfully shady taxidermist to take a animal without a tag, they are usually quite strict on that.

seriously?

everyone on a tv show would be guilty then....i can count on one hand the shows that actually show game meat being processed!

the video in question shows brock down the deer then cuts to a shot of him packing the antlers and cape out on his back....hardly evidence he left the meat to rot and didnt tag it properly....i dont think any CO would be stupid enough to lay charges based on a heavily edited youtube clip...theres always more to the story.

sheephunter
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Reading the Hat paper this morn it seemed all the evidence was from you tube. .

Here's what Herald said...it makes more sense

"A whitetail deer was found in the possession of the taxidermist and was not tagged, and as a result of that, an investigation ensued," Alberta Sustainable Resource Development spokesman Darcy Whiteside told the Herald, which reported that Lesnar's charges include both a whitetail and a mule deer.

packhuntr
12-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Ok only asking because I don not know. I have never seen a tagged animal in a taxidermy studio sans heads from years ago when steel tags on antlers were the way. Why would there be 2 "deer" in a taxi shop untagged. Last I checked no taxi man lets a guy drop off whole deer, they are not butchers. My question I suppose then is, are non res supplied and directed to tag with a different system than residents? Just asking cause I dont know, but again, Ive yet to see anything with antler seals in taxi shops unless from Sask. To further my question I guess, did the taxidermist accept the heads with no info and no exchange of reciept?

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 09:13 AM
I feel sorry for a non-resident who gets charged with things like this when he is with a professional APOS member. It's hard enough for residents like us to keep track of all the rules. If I hire a guide I expect he knows the law and is guiding me correctly. Of course I don't know all the details of what transpired, but unless the hunter says "Screw you, I'm doing it my way" to the guide I think the law should go relatively lightly on them.

Also, why wasn't the taxidermist also charged? He apparently accepted illegal game.

Jamie Black R/T
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Unless the hunter says "Screw you, I'm doing it my way" to the guide

as a professional you would hope the guide would report it in that situation and in turn wash responsibility from their hands

im still a little suprised brock is liable at all when he was hunting with a guide....ive never done a guided hunt so thats news to me.

Gun+Rod
12-16-2011, 09:30 AM
What did he do?

http://www.globallethbridge.com/former+wwe+and+ultimate+fighting+champion+facing+w ildlife+charges+in+alberta/6442543400/story.html

Killerb
12-16-2011, 09:33 AM
What did he do?

http://www.globallethbridge.com/former+wwe+and+ultimate+fighting+champion+facing+w ildlife+charges+in+alberta/6442543400/story.html

Probably knocked a moose out.

sheephunter
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok only asking because I don not know. I have never seen a tagged animal in a taxidermy studio sans heads from years ago when steel tags on antlers were the way. Why would there be 2 "deer" in a taxi shop untagged. Last I checked no taxi man lets a guy drop off whole deer, they are not butchers. My question I suppose then is, are non res supplied and directed to tag with a different system than residents? Just asking cause I dont know, but again, Ive yet to see anything with antler seals in taxi shops unless from Sask. To further my question I guess, did the taxidermist accept the heads with no info and no exchange of reciept?

I don't know for sure pack but I suspect it meant that the head did not have a corresponding tag number recorded. Taxidermists are required to record licence and tag numbers for everything they take in...obviously they don't get the actual tag. Reporters don't understand the nuances of the law often and things can come out a bitm confusing. Best to read between the lines.

walking buffalo
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
as a professional you would hope the guide would report it in that situation and in turn wash responsibility from their hands

im still a little suprised brock is liable at all when he was hunting with a guide....ive never done a guided hunt so thats news to me.

Why should a person be allowed to break wildlife laws because his service provider says it's ok? It's pretty clear, ignorance of the law is not an accepted defence. We do not know if Brock is allegedly ignorant, or complicit.

Some taxidermists will accept a whole animal. They could be asked to cape/skin it out. This often happens when people are in a rush....

A taxidermist should become suspicious when an animal is brought in and a licence number can't be provided, as in "I'll give it to you later"....

Jamie Black R/T
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Why should a person be allowed to break wildlife laws because his service provider says it's ok?

i never said he should be allowed to break the law...im just surprised the charges are laid to him as well as the outfitter...and not JUST the outfitter....i didnt disagree he should be charged, its actually nice to see something enforced once in a while around here.

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Why should a person be allowed to break wildlife laws because his service provider says it's ok? It's pretty clear, ignorance of the law is not an accepted defence.

Perhaps, but it seems pretty harsh for the government to charge someone for following the instructions of a guide certified by that government in a case where the government says the hunter must use a such a guide.

For those of you that have gone on african guided hunts, have you obtained GPS maps of the areas and checked them every hour while in the field to make sure your guide wasn't taking you outside of areas where hunting was allowed? For anyone that has used a guide here, have you checked with the landowners to ensure the guide actually had proper access permission? come on....

sheephunter
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Perhaps, but it seems pretty harsh for the government to charge someone for following the instructions of a guide certified by that government in a case where the government says the hunter must use a such a guide.

For those of you that have gone on african guided hunts, have you obtained GPS maps of the areas and checked them every hour while in the field to make sure your guide wasn't taking you outside of areas where hunting was allowed? For anyone that has used a guide here, have you checked with the landowners to ensure the guide actually had proper access permission? come on....

I agree with you in some aspects oko and in other cases some laws are fairly universal. I would hope the judge would take that into account, either way. I guess something else to consider is did the client know he was breaking the law. Not totally black and white. Mens rea applies.

NIKON
12-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Makes one wonder when a guy like Brock wants something ,I'm sure money is the least of his worries ..........
Just saying

Nikon

walking buffalo
12-16-2011, 10:05 AM

Assuming the client followed the guide's instructions, not knowing that the actions were illegal.

What if the client knew the actions were illegal?

Does that make things any different?

In court, it likely does. In both instances, the judgement would likely still be Guilty if the evidence is sufficient, but the penalty would take ALL factors into consideration. There are many past examples in Alberta courts where the judge took it easy on the client due to a bad decision of the guide, when their was evidence that the client was duped into breaking the law. Great White Holding's is an example of this.

JohninAB
12-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Does the government certify the guide or is it APOS? Me thinks APOS.

LongDraw
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
This is why whatever Wildlife offenses a NRA is charged with the guide/outfitter gets the same charges laid against them. Quite often there are other related charges that are only applicable to the guide/outfitter.

cacty
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Who cares......

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I guess something else to consider is did the client know he was breaking the law. Not totally black and white. Mens rea applies.

Absolutely. We don't yet know the details of this case. I was reacting more to an earlier blanket "ignorance is no excuse" argument. Like you suggest and walking buffaolo alludes to later, if he knew these things were illegal then it's a completely different matter.

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Who cares......

You cared enough to hit a key 15 times ;)

drake
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
is this stemming from a recent hunt or last year?

pottymouth
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm with you Oko. Whatever the outcome I would go after my guide in civil court. You pay all that money to a guide for a reason, you expect him to guide you through all the rules and laws of the land first. Then you pay him for the knowledge of the land and his scouting......once the game is located, really how many of us need the guide to hold or hand to shoot something?

I hope they throw the book at the guide and make an example of him, and the taxidermist. Without paper work he's in possession of of illegal wildlife , he knows better too!

Not that I'm defending Brock, but I could see this happening to numerous members on here, who have never used a guide before, and might believe that they are being lead in a proper manner.

Why is it 3 charges of failing to tag, when there was only 2 deer. What's the definition of edible meat....It would interesting to hear how much was left? In bc you don't have to take shot meat I believe, how many bc guys would leave there shot out meat here if they were hunting in Ab, and not know? That's were your guide is paid to guide you through.IMO

LongDraw
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
If there is a bright side to the story likely we can rest assured that if the guide/outfitter is found guilty at least he will not be out of employment and likely won't miss a beat with his guide/outfitting business. :lol::lol::party0052:

ram crazy
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM

When you have status you don't need a tag.

Justin.C
12-16-2011, 10:43 AM
If there is a bright side to the story likely we can rest assured that if the guide/outfitter is found guilty at least he will not be out of employment and likely won't miss a beat with his guide/outfitting business. :lol::lol::party0052:bingo... I think as for the charges 90% of them should go direct to th eoutfitter and guide.... It is there resposibility.

Justin.C
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
When you have status you don't need a tag.This is really starting to get old here on AO.... We cant say anything with threads getting closed but indians can keep saying crap like this to get us Honkeys going....... Complete BS.

topgun2269
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Anybody have any details about the allegations below?

http://www.cjcyfm.com/news-and-info/local-news/brock-lesnar-faces-charges-in-medicine-hat-court-2547/

Leave the bucks to the Alberta hunters. don't need him or his money!!!!

walking buffalo
12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Why is it 3 charges of failing to tag, when there was only 2 deer. What's the definition of edible meat....It would interesting to hear how much was left? In bc you don't have to take shot meat I believe, how many bc guys would leave there shot out meat here if they were hunting in Ab, and not know? That's were your guide is paid to guide you through.IMO

^^ It is not.

The three counts are failing to tag a deer after killing it; allowing edible mule deer flesh to be wasted or abandoned; and illegal possession of a deer, a Medicine Hat Provincial Court official said.

ram crazy
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Justin I believe your guide in this case has just that!!!

NIKON
12-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Elaborate on this please, just wondering what your trying to say..... Is the guide a treaty indian?

Nikon

Justin.C
12-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Oh. Sorry ram. It is the topic on a few threads. Getting old. Sorry again.

cacty
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
You cared enough to hit a key 15 times ;)

Ya mate

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Ya mate
LOL and you came back to the thread to look again! I know I know, it's addictive. ;) Welcome back.

Mountain Guy
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
i'll say it again.... He didn't know that you had to tag an animal????? Sure...hunting in a wrong area is one thing, but this charge?
Sorry, I hope there's no mercy. Maybe he'll plead retarded from too many shoots to the head :thinking-006:

rae61
12-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Who here would not report someone for failing to tag an animal if they came across it? I mean not having it tagged by the time you are loading it in a vehicle...not saying this is the case here, we will find out in time. I doubt it's because it was not tagged before the pictures were taken or else most everyone on any hunting show could be charged.

It seems to me that Brocks celebrity is buying him a little
extra "understanding" from some than if it had been just some ordinary Joe.

Lefty-Canuck
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
When you have status you don't need a tag.

I think he meant status as in "celebrity status"....not native status.....but I could be wrong.

LC

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 01:56 PM

I'd suggest it's probably the opposite. Plus if he was an ordinary Joe we wouldn't even be discussing this. There would be no published stories.

rae61
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Who here would not report someone for failing to tag an animal if they came across it? I mean not having it tagged by the time you are loading it in a vehicle...not saying this is the case here, we will find out in time. I doubt it's because it was not tagged before the pictures were taken or else most everyone on any hunting show could be charged.

Okotokian
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM

OK OK, you convinced me by saying it a second time. LOL

NIKON
12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Following a recent hunting trip to eastern Alberta, ultimate fighting superstar Brock Lesnar is grappling with a foe in an entirely different ring.

Charges related to the improper handling of hunted game were read out against the sometime UFC and WWE champ in Medicine Hat Provincial Court Thursday.

The burly fighter failed to properly tag at least one of two animals his party had shot — a white tail and a mule deer, said Darcy Whiteside, spokesman for Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.

“They shot an animal and didn’t tag it,” said Whiteside.

His guide and Albertan Chad Stryker, who was allegedly accompanying the celebrity, is also charged with the offences - unlawful possession of wildlife, abandon/wastage of the edible flesh of big game, and after killing wildlife, failure to immediately affix tag.

The alleged offences occurred over several days in mid November on a grazing reserve near Manyberries.

"In plain language, it would be considered poaching," said Whiteside.

Neither men appeared in court Thursday.

Lesnar’s well-known in hunting circles for stalking deer in Alberta.

The mixed martial arts and wrestling expert is a three-time WWE champ and took the UFC heavyweight title in 2008.

It’s not the first time Lesnar’s gone from hunter to prey during a game-bagging trip to Canada.

While bow-hunting white tail deer 100 km west of Brandon with his brother Chad in 2009, Lesnar was struck with diverticulitis, or an inflamed, infected colon.

He ripped the care he received at a Brandon hospital as “third world ... I had to get out of there.”

After four days in Brandon hospital, he was driven by his wife to Bismark, N.D. where he received continued medical care.

He was sidelined briefly by the condition but resumed his bouts with the UFC last May.

It was then that Lesnar again fell ill to diverticulitis, underwent surgery and in August declared his intention to return to the UFC.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/12/15/ufc-star-lesnar-in-alberta-court-for-alleged-hunting-shenanigans

rae61
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
OK OK, you convinced me by saying it a second time. LOL

Sorry must have double tapped the enter key...:lol:

macee
12-17-2011, 06:04 PM
The story I heard was that when Brock was gutting his deer he slashed his thigh open they left the deer untagged to rush him to the hospital and by the time they got back to it the meat was spoiled so they just took the head.
On the natural area beside the pin horn as far as I know it is hunt able but u just can not drive on it if am wrong please correct me before I end up in court to.

J.B.
12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
If stryker gets jailed can i have his house in the pinhorn? :sHa_shakeshout:

Mountain Guy
12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
The story I heard was that when Brock was gutting his deer he slashed his thigh open they left the deer untagged to rush him to the hospital and by the time they got back to it the meat was spoiled so they just took the head.
On the natural area beside the pin horn as far as I know it is hunt able but u just can not drive on it if am wrong please correct me before I end up in court to.

Thats funny....which hospital? Minnesota? Wasn't it november? Probably coulda grown a new leg before the meat would spoil.....

Kurt505
12-17-2011, 06:49 PM
This is why an orientation for alien hunters should be mandatory. If the hunter signs the paper, he or she is charged, if not nail the guide and or outfitter. I was a guide for over 10yrs and I had a few clients go home with their nose bent out of joint because I wouldn't let them do ANYTHING illegal. Their deer was never worth me having charges or getting a bad rep over.

Sometimes an outfitter will tell a perspective client things that a guide has to live up to. It's the guides job to make sure things go down legally. Having a legal document signed will put the hunter legally responsable should anything happen and hopefully make them think twice before pulling the trigger.

I don't personally like Lesnar, or at least who he portrays himself as on TV, but I don't think he should have to deal with charges from hunting here. If he had done something illegal willingly, the guide or outfitter should have reported it.

It'll be interesting to see how the facts of this case come out.

moose maniac
12-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Another outfitter being shady surprise surprise he will get a little fine apos will do nothing and he will continue being shady like 95% of outfitters

ishootbambi
12-17-2011, 07:08 PM
im stunned at all the guys thinking lesnar ought to just blame stryker. REALLY????? ignorance of the law is cool with you guys? sorry man, but if im going hunting somewhere, i want a copy of rules and crap in front of me. relying on someone else to keep me on the straight and noarrow just isnt my style. besides.....im pretty sure most of you are smart enough to figure out what went down out there. some people are accustomed to having their arses kissed and being handed whatever they want because they have a little money.

im just happy that fish and wildlife was notified of something fishy. too often this crap just gets swept under the rug. judeges aint stoooopid.....someone will get to the bottom of this and the story will be told. the name involved doesnt raise any interest for me....just the fact that its a crime against wildlife, and against residents of alberta does.

Kurt505
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
im stunned at all the guys thinking lesnar ought to just blame stryker. REALLY????? ignorance of the law is cool with you guys? sorry man, but if im going hunting somewhere, i want a copy of rules and crap in front of me. relying on someone else to keep me on the straight and noarrow just isnt my style. besides.....im pretty sure most of you are smart enough to figure out what went down out there. some people are accustomed to having their arses kissed and being handed whatever they want because they have a little money.

im just happy that fish and wildlife was notified of something fishy. too often this crap just gets swept under the rug. judeges aint stoooopid.....someone will get to the bottom of this and the story will be told. the name involved doesnt raise any interest for me....just the fact that its a crime against wildlife, and against residents of alberta does.

The Alberta regs is big book to memorize. Having an orientation that goes over the laws pertaining to your specific hunt would be a lot easier to learn than the whole book! The guys with the money DO expect they can get away with anything, that's why an orientation signed by the hunter should be mandatory. That way the hunter is 100% responsible for their actions. I've played the game for years and I know how it works. I've been a guide and I've been guided. I hope the guide and outfitter get charged, and I hope Brock walks out free and clear. Before anyone gets upset I'll say it again, I was/am a guide and I don't like the Brock Lesnar on TV.

jaylow?
12-18-2011, 05:05 AM
this will be argued away in court. maybe a few minor fines. nothing worth any of the attention being given by news outlets or 5 pages of posts.

dgl1948
12-18-2011, 08:05 AM
The Alberta regs is big book to memorize. Having an orientation that goes over the laws pertaining to your specific hunt would be a lot easier to learn than the whole book!

So for those guys from Alberta that go to Sask. to hunt should be reqiured to have a guide and go through an orientation process as well??????

Lefty-Canuck
12-18-2011, 08:13 AM
So for those guys from Alberta that go to Sask. to hunt should be reqiured to have a guide and go through an orientation process as well??????

For some folks it probably wouldn't hurt.

Heck some of the guys from Alberta who hunt only here should go through an orientation on the Regs and Rules.....no offense meant to anyone but some of the questions and "interpretations" of the rules that people post here make your head spin.

LC

Kurt505
12-18-2011, 08:42 AM

Why not? Or do a Saskatchewan hunters Ed coarse. It would make sense no?

ishootbambi
12-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Why not? Or do a Saskatchewan hunters Ed coarse. It would make sense no?

no....that doesnt make the slightest bit of sense. everyone has to take a hunters ed course when they start, unless they have been hunting so long they were grandfathered. the thing is stupid exists an no amount of rules and regulations will eliminate it. not in alberta, not in saskatchewan.....not anywhere.

you have to take a drivers exam to get a license to operate a car, yet every day stupiod things happen on the road too. the answer is enforcement. give a clown enough speeding tickets and he loses his license. catch a dummy poaching and he loses his license. thats pretty good correction for most.

there is a VERY big difference in knowing the laws and simply not caring about them.

Kurt505
12-18-2011, 08:55 AM
no....that doesnt make the slightest bit of sense. everyone has to take a hunters ed course when they start, unless they have been hunting so long they were grandfathered. the thing is stupid exists an no amount of rules and regulations will eliminate it. not in alberta, not in saskatchewan.....not anywhere.

you have to take a drivers exam to get a license to operate a car, yet every day stupiod things happen on the road too. the answer is enforcement. give a clown enough speeding tickets and he loses his license. catch a dummy poaching and he loses his license. thats pretty good correction for most.

there is a VERY big difference in knowing the laws and simply not caring about them.

You missed the whole point. I'll repeat the important part of my posts.

By signing the orientation, the hunter will be 100% responsible for their actions, not being able to pull the guide or outfitter in it or hide behind them.

ishootbambi
12-18-2011, 08:57 AM
You missed the whole point. I'll repeat the important part of my posts.

By signing the orientation, the hunter will be 100% responsible for their actions, not being able to pull the guide or outfitter in it or hide behind them.

pretty sure the law is already kinda geared that way. besides i dont like the idea that the guide would get a free pass.

Kurt505
12-18-2011, 09:08 AM

pretty sure the law is already kinda geared that way. besides i dont like the idea that the guide would get a free pass.

Why? Why should the guide be responsible for what happens in a blind? If a guy takes an orientation on the laws, signs it, sits in a blind and kills a whitetail while on a mule deer hunt, you'd wanna see the guide go down for that??? I don't think so.

elkhunter11
12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Why? Why should the guide be responsible for what happens in a blind? If a guy takes an orientation on the laws, signs it, sits in a blind and kills a whitetail while on a mule deer hunt, you'd wanna see the guide go down for that??? I don't think so.

Having been on several guided hunts in various provinces and states, when I hire an outfitter, I expect him to know the regulations and to obey them. On my hunts, I was with the guide 100% of the time that I was actually hunting. If a guide tells me to shoot a particular animal, I assume that it is legal to shoot that animal. If the guide shows me how to tag the animal, I assume that he is showing me what will be accepted as legal.
If I will be hunting where the guide is not present 100% of the time, then I need to learn all of the regulations for myself.

Kurt505
12-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Having been on several guided hunts in various provinces and states, when I hire an outfitter, I expect him to know the regulations and to obey them. On my hunts, I was with the guide 100% of the time that I was actually hunting. If a guide tells me to shoot a particular animal, I assume that it is legal to shoot that animal. If the guide shows me how to tag the animal, I assume that he is showing me what will be accepted as legal.
If I will be hunting where the guide is not present 100% of the time, then I need to learn all of the regulations for myself.

Yep, I agree 100%. That's the thing with whitetail guiding, I take the client to his stand an hour before daylight, give him a radio or make sure they have a cell phone and service, and if I don't get a call I pick them up 1/2 hour after dark. I've learned over the years never to say shoot. I'll tell them "I would shoot that buck" but the last thing I'd do as a guide is say shoot, unless of coarse I know it's a booner and the client is sitting on the fence about it.

trigger7mm
12-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I hope that if his gude was with him when he shot that he loses his guides license, and that Lesner should not be able to hunt in this province ever again.

ishootbambi
12-18-2011, 08:45 PM

you are now throwing out an example that has nothing to do with this case. in that scenario, yup, the guide has nothing to do with the crime....unless he accepts a few bucks to shut his yap.....:happy0034:. if the guide is there watching, then he is every bit as guilty.

elk....you are walking down a very dangerous path by ASSUMING the guide will keep you on the up and up. you have to look no farther than lloyd mcmahon to see the dangers of putting all the faith in your guide. for me....ill be wanting to know the laws up front. that is if i ever decide i need something bad enough to tolerate a guided hunt. right now, i dont see it.

BDAJ
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
I've been informed that Lesnar pleaded guilty to not affixing a tag immediately and was fined $1725.00. Other two charges were dropped. Anyone else hear anything?

Mistagin
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
The camp I used to go to back east, in which we were guided, always had an orientation to the pertinent regs and all the camp rules before we hunted, and always reviewed them at breakfast. F&W never ever had a problem with our camp.

We did have a few guys who weren't invited back due to not knowing or caring about regs and rules though.

The philosophy behind it was: better safe than sorry.

drake
12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Brock Pleads guilty....?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/star+pleads+guilty+hunting+charge/5888343/story.html

Kurt505
12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
you are now throwing out an example that has nothing to do with this case. in that scenario, yup, the guide has nothing to do with the crime....unless he accepts a few bucks to shut his yap.....:happy0034:. if the guide is there watching, then he is every bit as guilty.

elk....you are walking down a very dangerous path by ASSUMING the guide will keep you on the up and up. you have to look no farther than lloyd mcmahon to see the dangers of putting all the faith in your guide. for me....ill be wanting to know the laws up front. that is if i ever decide i need something bad enough to tolerate a guided hunt. right now, i dont see it.

It was kind of a blanket statement, but I think it would help in all situations to have that type of law.

tprince
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Probably knocked a moose out.

That just made my day! Thank you.

Scales
12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Brock Pleads guilty....?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/star+pleads+guilty+hunting+charge/5888343/story.html

6 month hunting suspension, and a $1725 fine.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/ufc-fighter-brock-lesnar-pleads-guilty-to-alberta-hunting-charge/article2278118/

NCC
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
If that is actually what went down (just taking the head and cape and leaving the meat) it should be 100% on the guide and APOS should also give the guide a spanking.

pattycr125
12-20-2011, 03:34 PM
wow that's all that happens when you're a poacher? i was under the impression the consequences would be enough to make you not do it again! 6 months? he'll be back for next season. just another case of rich famous people getting off easy.

this just re-affirms that rich people can get away with breaking more laws than poor people because 1700 dollars to him is not the same as it is to any of us.

Okotokian
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
A six month hunting suspension that starts after most seasons end and is complete before most seasons begin again seems sort of pointless, doesn't it?

elkhunter11
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM

A six month hunting suspension that starts after most seasons end and is complete before most seasons begin again seems sort of pointless, doesn't it?

It is totally pointless, especially when the standard suspensions are normally a full year or longer.

It sounds like Lesnar simply bought his way out of his situation for $1725, which isn't much for him.

Lefty-Canuck
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Yup...IMHO he should serve 1 month a year for six years....that month happens to be November...

LC

pattycr125
12-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Yup...IMHO he should serve 1 month a year for six years....that month happens to be November...

LC

i think he should be banned from hunting alberta for life, if you can't respect the lives of the animals then you do not deserve to hunt them.

Lefty-Canuck
12-20-2011, 03:44 PM
i think he should be banned from hunting alberta for life, if you can't respect the lives of the animals then you do not deserve to hunt them.

I agree with you but that will never happen....sadly....

LC

tuffymitch1
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM

Couldn't of said it any better myself!:)

birchy
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/ufc-fighter-brock-lesnar-pleads-guilty-to-alberta-hunting-charge/article2278118/

That'll teach a millionaire!

spyguy 0-0-7
12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
"6 months" prohibiting him from hunting! That is a joke. This is a non-resident of Canada and he is given a fine and his privelage to hunt in Canada is taken away for 6 months. Lets see, when does 'legal' big game hunting season start again in Alberta? Lets see, if I can count on my fingers and add that to the 6 months start date of his 'suspension.hmmmmm, looks like he once again can buy his way to another successful hunting season in 2012.
The statement by his Lawyer seemed more concerned with his clients next big fight in the ring.:sign0176:

Mountain Guy
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Geez sounds fair...besides....how could he possible know that he needs to tag an animal after he shoots it...how can he be accountable for that? Gotta be exclusively the guides fault.
What a joke......is there anywhere in North America where you wouldn't have to tag an animal after you shoot it??
Maybe it was his first big game animal on his first big game hunt:mad0030:

BTK
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Did anyone read that article?

They dropped what I would consider 2 of the more serious charges to ding him with failure to tag an animal immediately?

How long is immediately?

I'm going to hold my verdict until I read a detailed account of the events, not based on a vague 100 word newspaper article.

Duk Dog
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Taken from TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=383197

MEDICINE HAT, Alta. -- Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has admitted to a hunting infraction in southern Alberta.

A lawyer for the mixed martial arts star appeared in a Medicine Hat court and pleaded guilty on his client's behalf to improper tagging of an animal during a hunting trip in November 2010.

Lesnar was fined $1,725 and given a six-month hunting suspension.

Two other charges of leaving meat to rot and illegal possession of wildlife were dropped.

Lesnar, 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

The director of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society said it is considered unethical to leave edible meat in the field.

The former NCAA wrestling champion and pro wrestling star was charged along with a hunting guide.

A native of South Dakota who now makes his home in Minnesota, the six-foot-three 265-pound Lesnar regularly hunts in Canada.

Lesnar said in a statement released Tuesday that he was on a filmed hunt sponsored by Fusion Ammunition and guided by Trophy Hunters Alberta.

"In Alberta, Americans can't hunt without a licensed outfitter. The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules," he said.

"I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it."

Lesnar said he has paid his fine and the matter is closed.

"It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their co-operation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt."

As far as the spoilage charge that was withdrawn, Lesnar said he couldn't bring deer meat back across the border.

"I trusted the outfitter to properly handle it. They are professionals and I understand it was handled appropriately."

His fighting career has twice been interrupted by diverticulitis, an intestinal disease. Lesnar returns to the cage Dec. 30 when he takes on Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in Las Vegas.

"I'm glad to put this behind me, so I can focus on my fight...December 30," he said.

dgl1948
12-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Brock Lesnar's big whitetail shot in Alberta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a hunting show today with Brock Lesnar the (Ultimate Fighter) and I believe it was the Eastern side of Alberta in some pretty rough terrian and he was hunting for a big mule deer the weather was terrible. The second day they spot this HUGE whitetail buck and he didn't have a whitetail tag so they said he passed. He ends up shooting a fairly nice mule deer but at the end of the show they said he went back with a whitetail tag and they found the deer and he shot it. The outfitter/ guide said it was the biggest buck he had ever saw. It did look like a giant but they didn't say how big or they didn't show a real good picture for very long. Does anyone know what this deer scored or did they see this show I'm talking about. I didn't get the name of the show I missed the first couple minutes. It was a real dandy. If anyone know I'd like to know or see another picture of this deer

"I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it."

If he had a whitetail tag like he says I am wondering why he did not shoot it when he first saw it. The stories just do not jive.

Donkey Oatey
12-20-2011, 06:25 PM
So he pleads guilty to save court time and he still gets vilified. Why should his status as a celebrity change what kind of punishment he gets? From what I have read he admitted he didn't immediately tag an animal. Got a larger fine than most for that mistake. Couldn't take the meat home and trusted the Outfitter to deal with it legally and they didn't. Not Lesnar's problem.

I agree that the suspension of 6 months is a joke, should be min a year for any suspension. Other than that I see more of a problem with the outfitter.

dgl1948
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Would this be the deer that did not get tagged???

http://www.fusionammo.com/brock_lesnar/milk_river.aspx

BTK
12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Would this be the deer that did not get tagged???

http://www.fusionammo.com/brock_lesnar/milk_river.aspx

The charge is "Improper tagging" This does not mean that it wasn't tagged!

Brock was quoted as saying "I failed to immediately tag it"

Again I'll ask what does "immediately tag" mean?

walking buffalo
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
The charge is "Improper tagging" This does not mean that it wasn't tagged!

Brock was quoted as saying "I failed to immediately tag it"

Again I'll ask what does "immediately tag" mean?

Do you take it to the Taxidermist before tagging? Read the below quote....

A bit more info....

UFC star Brock Lesnar charged with 3 deer-hunting violations in Alberta
By Dave Orrick
dorrick@pioneerpress.com
Updated: 12/15/2011 10:59:33 PM CST

Brock Lesnar answers questions from the media during an open workout at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center on Aug. 6, 2008, in downtown Minneapolis. (Pioneer Press: Sherri LaRose-Chiglo)
Ultimate fighting superstar and Minnesotan Brock Lesnar was charged Thursday in Canada with deer-hunting violations.

Lesnar, 34, of Alexandria, Minn., has been charged in Medicine Hat with three counts of violating the Alberta Wildlife Act in connection with a 2010 hunting and fishing trip, according to court officials and published reports.

The former University of Minnesota wrestler was summoned to appear Thursday, but his case has been continued until Jan. 19. Lesnar could not be reached for comment.

The Calgary Herald reported that the case, which also involves charges against a guide, came to the attention of authorities after an inspection of a taxidermist.

As an American, Lesnar required a guide to hunt in Alberta.

"It is the responsibility of both the hunter and the guide to follow the regulations as it relates to hunting," Whiteside said.

The maximum penalty for each charge is a $50,000 fine and a year in prison.

On Dec. 30, Lesnar is scheduled

I sure hope they don't go so soft on the guide if the evidence exists.
NO MORE PLEA BARGAINING!

ishootbambi
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I sure hope they don't go so soft on the guide if the evidence exists.
NO MORE PLEA BARGAINING!

thats what it sounds like. 1700 bucks is actually pretty steep for that offense based on past convictions. id bet a plea bargain is exactly what took place. lesnar saw an easy way out and the fish cops get a guaranteed conviction.

sheephunter
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
thats what it sounds like. 1700 bucks is actually pretty steep for that offense based on past convictions. id bet a plea bargain is exactly what took place. lesnar saw an easy way out and the fish cops get a guaranteed conviction.

Pretty much standard operating procedure in our courts. Pile on lots of charges and reduce the number for a guilty plea. Same thing happens with low life drig dealers and pimps. No special treatment...just the way business is done in the courts. Saves the taxpayers money in the end I guess.

elkhunter11
12-20-2011, 09:06 PM
thats what it sounds like. 1700 bucks is actually pretty steep for that offense based on past convictions

But the six month suspension was not normal either, it looks like he bought his way out of the normal one year suspension by paying a larger fine. Besides, to Lesnar, $1700 is peanuts.

ishootbambi
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Pretty much standard operating procedure in our courts. Pile on lots of charges and reduce the number for a guilty plea. Same thing happens with low life drig dealers and pimps. No special treatment...just the way business is done in the courts. Saves the taxpayers money in the end I guess.

thats how it is alright. like i said....1700 for that offense is actually on the high side. of course for a guy with his money i cant imagine it will hurt at all.

sheephunter
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
thats how it is alright. like i said....1700 for that offense is actually on the high side. of course for a guy with his money i cant imagine it will hurt at all.

Fines are assessed for the crime, not the income level of the guilty. I agree, for the offence it does seem high in comparison to others. Had it gone to trial, I suspect he may have been fined less. Easy way out for him and as you said, money was not an issue for him.

James Henry
12-21-2011, 03:20 AM
So has anyone else fired off an email to Fusion about sponsoring a convicted poacher? Hit him where it hurts.........:fighting0030:

dgl1948
12-21-2011, 05:34 AM
So has anyone else fired off an email to Fusion about sponsoring a convicted poacher? Hit him where it hurts.........

You are right about that. If his sponsors start dropping him it will start to hurt big time.

NCC
12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
From what I get from the charges (improper tagging and allowing the meat to be wasted) the guide is far more culpable than Lesnar is. Does anyone know what the guide was convicted of?

Not sure about the improperly tagged deer found at the taxidermist, unless he had the entire carcass there, which doesn't add up with being charged for leaving everthing but the head in the field.

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.metronews.ca/calgary/canada/article/1055002--Brock-Lesnar-pleads-guilty-to-Alberta-hunting-infraction

improper tagging of an animal during a hunting trip last year.

He was fined $1,725 and given a one-month hunting suspension.

Two other charges of leaving meat to rot and illegal possession of wildlife were dropped.

Lesnar, who is 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

I find this disgusting.

Jamie Black R/T
12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
I find this disgusting.

key word is accused...the whole story will come out soon...the outfitters day in court is coming right up.

ram crazy
12-21-2011, 07:57 AM
NCC I think the guy pulling the trigger is the one that is responsible, but nowadays its easier to blame someone else for your actions. You can't tell me that it is ok to leave the meat after you shoot something, but then again maybe there are people out there that do this. It goes to show that you can buy your way out of a situation. Both should be equally responsible.

sheephunter
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
NCC I think the guy pulling the trigger is the one that is responsible, but nowadays its easier to blame someone else for your actions. You can't tell me that it is ok to leave the meat after you shoot something, but then again maybe there are people out there that do this. It goes to show that you can buy your way out of a situation. Both should be equally responsible.

Leaving meat with an outfitter is pretty much standard practice in Alberta. Whether it be ducks and geese or deer, typically the NRA hunter does not take the meat home but rather it is turned over to the outfitter to deal with.

Donkey Oatey
12-21-2011, 08:02 AM

Yes but based on what Lesnar has said he wasn't able to take the meat home (CWD regulations prohibit the meat from crossing the border) and was told the guide would take care of the meat. Seems Lesnar's responsibility ends once he is gone. He admits they didn't immediately tag the animal and got a higher fine than Joe Shmuck would have. The other charges dropped against Lesnar and the guide still has his day in court to explain what happened. Not sure why all the vile against Lesnar other than he is rich and gets to hunt things 99% of us could only dream.

:scared:

Jamie Black R/T
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
other than he is rich and gets to hunt things 99% of us could only dream

bingo!

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Leaving meat with an outfitter is pretty much standard practice in Alberta. Whether it be ducks and geese or deer, typically the NRA hunter does not take the meat home but rather it is turned over to the outfitter to deal with.

TJ,

It's not like he flew in with a helicopter, shot a deer and flew out.
He hikes in and out with the outfitter. He would know what was going on.
The outfitter in 100% responsible for making every effort to adhere to game laws but the client in this case would surely know what was happening.

It's not like a goose hunt where they guides are there in trucks tearing down and you head back to the lodge and can assume they took the birds also.
This is a backpack hunt. You walk in and out together. Or atl east one would imagine.

sakogreywolf
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
This whole thing stinks. No wonder some people don't mind breaking the laws while hunting.

sheephunter
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
TJ,

The outfitter in 100% responsible for making every effort to adhere to game laws but the client in this case would surely know what was happening.

It's not like a goose hunt where they guides are there in trucks tearing down and you head back to the lodge and can assume they took the birds also.
This is a backpack hunt. You walk in and out together. Or atl east one would imagine.

How do we know what happened to the meat. Perhaps it was all packed out and left in the outfitter's garage for him to take care of.

ram crazy
12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes but based on what Lesnar has said he wasn't able to take the meat home (CWD regulations prohibit the meat from crossing the border) and was told the guide would take care of the meat. Seems Lesnar's responsibility ends once he is gone. He admits they didn't immediately tag the animal and got a higher fine than Joe Shmuck would have. The other charges dropped against Lesnar and the guide still has his day in court to explain what happened. Not sure why all the vile against Lesnar other than he is rich and gets to hunt things 99% of us could only dream.

:scared:

Are you sure they even took the meat out the day they shot the deer, or are you going by what he said. One will never no the truth. Remember his story about what day he shot the Mule Deer didn't match his story he told in court as someone point out in this thread.

jaylow?
12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
So has anyone else fired off an email to Fusion about sponsoring a convicted poacher? Hit him where it hurts.........:fighting0030:

why is lesnar a poacher? because of improper tagging?

poaching would be the illegal taking of game. he was on a legal hunt, and other than tagging the buck right away nothing was illegal. funny how some people throw that word around so quickly. :thinking-006:

jaylow?
12-21-2011, 08:14 AM
TJ,

ya, only the government shoots deer from helicopters !

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 08:17 AM
ya, only the government shoots deer from helicopters !

Well played.

Donkey Oatey
12-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Are you sure they even took the meat out the day they shot the deer, or are you going by what he said. One will never no the truth. Remember his story about what day he shot the Mule Deer didn't match his story he told in court as someone point out in this thread.

Are you sure he didn't? I saw pictures of him with a pack on with the head and hide and who knows what else in there. The caption was Packing out 150lbs of meat. Again I wasn't there so I guess the prosecutor in this case believed Lesnar because they dropped the charges. More of the story will come out in court when the guide goes to court.

I will not condemn a man based on a one sentence quote from a F&W spokesman. Lets see the court transcript to see what was actually said and what evidence was presented. I personally believe the guide is more in the wrong here than Lesnar. But again just my opinion as someone that wasn't there. I take a wait and see what happens after the next court date stance.

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 08:19 AM
How do we know what happened to the meat. Perhaps it was all packed out and left in the outfitter's garage for him to take care of.

The article stated he was accused of packing out only the cape and not the meat but the charge was dropped.

http://www.metronews.ca/calgary/canada/article/1055002--Brock-Lesnar-pleads-guilty-to-Alberta-hunting-infraction

Lesnar, who is 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Are you sure he didn't? ...

I will not condemn a man based on a one sentence quote from a F&W spokesman. Lets see the court transcript to see what was actually said and what evidence was presented.

He pleaded guilty so I am not sure what you would see there.

ram crazy
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Are you sure he didn't? I saw pictures of him with a pack on with the head and hide and who knows what else in there. The caption was Packing out 150lbs of meat. Again I wasn't there so I guess the prosecutor in this case believed Lesnar because they dropped the charges. More of the story will come out in court when the guide goes to court.

I will not condemn a man based on a one sentence quote from a F&W spokesman. Lets see the court transcript to see what was actually said and what evidence was presented. I personally believe the guide is more in the wrong here than Lesnar. But again just my opinion as someone that wasn't there. I take a wait and see what happens after the next court date stance.

Yup, three side to every story that what I was getting at when I said nobody will no the truth.

sheephunter
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
The article stated he was accused of packing out only the cape and not the meat but the charge was dropped.

Sadly the newspaper articles surrounding this case have been rife with inaccuracies. I read at one point he was charged with allowing a hide to spoil. I'm not sticking up for him, just pointing out that leaving meat in the outfitter's possesion is common practice. In the video I saw they made a real point about packing the meat out so who knows. Perhaps we'll learn more when the guide's day in court comes.

RoscoeT
12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Sadly the newspaper articles surrounding this case have been rife with inaccuracies. I read at one point he was charged with allowing a hide to spoil. I'm not sticking up for him, just pointing out that leaving meat in the outfitter's possesion is common practice. In the video I saw they made a real point about packing the meat out so who knows. Perhaps we'll learn more when the guide's day in court comes.

Fair enough.

Neil Waugh
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I guess Trophy Hunters Alberta haven't heard that Brock copped a plea yet.
They're still running the "Taps Out Whitetail" as the feature story on their website.
Along with a long morality piece about their "philosophy" Here's an excerpt:

"Our sport is called 'hunting', not 'killing'. We are a 100 per cent 'fair chase' operator and stress principles and ethics above all else. We do not use any type of bait. Hunters who indicate to us that they would only be happy by harvesting a 'book', or 'near book', animal, are usually referred to other outfitters. If these hunters persevere, they will eventually find an outfitter who will tell them what they want to hear. Any outfitter offering any type of guarantee is either new to the outfitting business, inexperienced, unethical or any combination of the foregoing."

I guess there's a lot of wiggle room when it comes to "fair chase" and "ethics."
I'm glad to hear that they don't "bait."
Which, of course, is illegal.

singleshotom
12-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Well I suppose APOS will follow suit with a fine of $175.00 and a suspension of guiding privileges for 1 week .
And all will be forgotten.
Its a sad state here in Alberta.

In BC, a guide was charged with allowing clients to retain more fish then permitted. He was charged $16,000.00 and lost his license for 2 years.

This is why you cant let the foxes police the chickens in the coop.

APOS directors are you listening?

sst

walking buffalo
12-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Well I suppose APOS will follow suit with a fine of $175.00 and a suspension of guiding privileges for 1 week .
And all will be forgotten.
Its a sad state here in Alberta.

In BC, a guide was charged with allowing clients to retain more fish then permitted. He was charged $16,000.00 and lost his license for 2 years.

This is why you cant let the foxes police the chickens in the coop.

APOS directors are you listening?

sst

I think you got the Apos punishment a little high....

APOS won't even say it is ILLEGAL to leave meat in the field.

Taken from TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=383197

Lesnar, 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

The director of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society said it is considered unethical to leave edible meat in the field.

"I'm glad to put this behind me, so I can focus on my fight...December 30," he said.

Brock still claims he is NOT GUILTY of anything, he simply pled guilty to get this off his card.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/12/20/ufc-fighter-brock-lesnar-taps-out-to-alberta-poaching-charge

Lesnar — who didn’t appear in court — told the MMA News website that he’s guilty of nothing.

“I guess in other people’s judgment, they saw it differently,” he said.

“At the end of the day, if they saw fit that I did something wrong, I’m a grown-up and I’ll take my fine and go on with my life.”

Neil Waugh
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Here's a priceless piece of rhetoric from the APOS "code of ethics" manifesto.

Guiding Principles
Members of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society of Alberta subscribe to a high standard of professional conduct and ethics. All contrary behaviour, in any fashion related directly or indirectly to the industry, can bring disrepute on individual Society members or the Society as a whole. It is the responsibility of each member to be familiar with all APOS rules that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct. It is also the responsibility of every member to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS. This code provides a standard of conduct for an outfitter, and gives the sportsman a clear indication of what to expect from a member outfitter.
1. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations. A member shall be in a position to advise both employees and clients of their rights and responsibilities under the Act and regulations, while under his jurisdiction. A member shall make a reasonable effort to report any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations, of which they have knowledge, to an Enforcement Officer or to Report a Poacher, at their earliest opportunity.
2. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of any provincial or federal statute that is in any way related to the outfitted hunting industry.

I wonder how much "reasonable effort" went into reporting Brock's Wildlife Act violation?

elkhunter11
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Here's a priceless piece of rhetoric from the APOS "code of ethics" manifesto.

What " code of ethics " would you expect from an organization that allows convicted criminals, and convicted poachers to be members?

dgl1948
12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Just read where Wild TV has pulled all the Lesnar adds. Good on them.

870wing
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Time will tell if that's a hypocritical move or not?

NCC
12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Is Wild TV pulling APOS ads as well?

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Is Wild TV pulling APOS ads as well?

I would rather be associated with Lesnar, than with APOS. :sign0161:

Jamie Black R/T
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM

thats rich.....they should weed out all the personalities on their channel who have been fined for wildlife offenses....see if they are left with 2 hours of footage a week... :scared0018:

gopher
12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
With such weak charges what we you all expecting jail time lol write the check Brock see ya next year

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
With such weak charges what we you all expecting jail time

I was just expecting the same one year suspension that an Alberta resident would likely have received for not tagging an animal.

longrifle
12-22-2011, 12:00 PM
R v LESNAR

Been watching this thread since I heard about it on another forum...It makes me laugh at how 'holier than thow' intraweb folks are.

I'm not a fan of lesnar, certainly not a fan of the persona that he used to portray on tv and man did I laugh when he got his ass handed to him by carwin and then velasquez...

But, he is a hunter, and when I clicked on the link to the mule deer hunt in question and watched him pack his own deer out, I gained respect for the man. Now I'm just left with a bit of jealousy because he is rich and can go on guided hunts all around north america, and the world for that matter, if he so desires.

To all the asshats that are spouting off at how he should be sporting a lifetime ban from hunting in Alberta, how he has no respect for AB animals and blah, blah, blah ad naseum; do any of you have any first hand knowledge of what happened? I DIDN'T think so.

How many of you know how much the voluntary penalty amount is for a ticket issued for failure to immediately tag an animal under the AB wildlife act?? Here's a hint, it is a hell of alot less than the fine lesnar received from the courts.

As far as what he plead guilty to, I ask you this, how many people immediately walk up to a downed animal and immediately place the appropriate tags in the appropriate places?? From the pictures that I have seen on here of various sheep, deer, elk, bear and moose hunts, I would have to say that the number is very low...So, go to the mirror and have a look, you're staring at a poacher, apparently.

Pull your heads out of your arse.

'rifle

Apocalypse_now
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
:party0052:

FCLightning
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I was just expecting the same one year suspension that an Alberta resident would likely have received for not tagging an animal.

Yep, the 6 mos. was a travesty to justice. I could care less about the dollar value - take his next year season like everyone else gets.

longrifle - HUH? Did you read the thread?

catnthehat
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
R v LESNAR

Been watching this thread since I heard about it on another forum...It makes me laugh at how 'holier than thow' intraweb folks are.

I'm not a fan of lesnar, certainly not a fan of the persona that he used to portray on tv and man did I laugh when he got his ass handed to him by carwin and then velasquez...

But, he is a hunter, and when I clicked on the link to the mule deer hunt in question and watched him pack his own deer out, I gained respect for the man. Now I'm just left with a bit of jealousy because he is rich and can go on guided hunts all around north america, and the world for that matter, if he so desires.

To all the asshats that are spouting off at how he should be sporting a lifetime ban from hunting in Alberta, how he has no respect for AB animals and blah, blah, blah ad naseum; do any of you have any first hand knowledge of what happened? I DIDN'T think so.

How many of you know how much the voluntary penalty amount is for a ticket issued for failure to immediately tag an animal under the AB wildlife act?? Here's a hint, it is a hell of alot less than the fine lesnar received from the courts.

As far as what he plead guilty to, I ask you this, how many people immediately walk up to a downed animal and immediately place the appropriate tags in the appropriate places?? From the pictures that I have seen on here of various sheep, deer, elk, bear and moose hunts, I would have to say that the number is very low...So, go to the mirror and have a look, you're staring at a poacher, apparently.

'rifle

Wasn't one of the issues the grazing lease that theywere hunting on had the gates locked when they were in there?
I may be wrong but from what I can deduce this was one the the points that got people going.
Another was the fact that he has no year's suspension, but for a taging violation I'm not sure if there is a mandatory year's suspension.
The other point is that he is oin fact a public figure wehter or not you like him or agree with what he does, and he should have been more careful about being in the public eye.

personally I could care less if he killed a ruffed grouse illegally as long as he was treated the same as anyone else would be.
The guide however should have his ticket lifted which is not going tpo happen, of course.
Cat

Neil Waugh
12-22-2011, 02:56 PM
R v LESNAR

'rifle

Since you appear to have "first hand knowledge" maybe you can fill in a few gaps.
Was this a paid hunt? Or a freebee? I got the impression the outfitter and the ammo company "rented" Brock as a promote.
Camera crew and the whole nine yards. Thus the pressure to get results.
Not unlike our other buddy Jeff Foiles.

Scotty P.
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
R v LESNAR

To all the asshats that are spouting off at how he should be sporting a lifetime ban from hunting in Alberta, how he has no respect for AB animals and blah, blah, blah ad naseum; do any of you have any first hand knowledge of what happened? I DIDN'T think so.How many of you know how much the voluntary penalty amount is for a ticket issued for failure to immediately tag an animal under the AB wildlife act?? Here's a hint, it is a hell of alot less than the fine lesnar received from the courts.

'rifle

Since you mention it I was wondering, do YOU have any first hand knowledge of what happened?

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
As far as what he plead guilty to, I ask you this, how many people immediately walk up to a downed animal and immediately place the appropriate tags in the appropriate places??

The charge that Lesnar pled guilty to was failure to "immediately" tag an animal. Several news sources are reporting that the investigation that led to the charges resulted when a taxidermist was being checked out, and an untagged deer was discovered.
It's not like there was a small delay in tagging the animal, apparently the deer was never legally tagged at all, before being taken to the taxidermist.

sheephunter
12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
The charge that Lesnar pled guilty to was failure to "immediately" tag an animal. Several news sources are reporting that the investigation that led to the charges resulted when a taxidermist was being checked out, and an untagged deer was discovered.
It's not like there was a small delay in tagging the animal, apparently the deer was never legally tagged at all, before being taken to the taxidermist.

Those same reports also say the deer at the taxidermist was a whitetail and he was charged for the mule deer.

longrifle
12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Since you appear to have "first hand knowledge" maybe you can fill in a few gaps.
Was this a paid hunt? Or a freebee? I got the impression the outfitter and the ammo company "rented" Brock as a promote.
Camera crew and the whole nine yards. Thus the pressure to get results.
Not unlike our other buddy Jeff Foiles.

NW, I have no idea, and never proclaimed to have any first hand knowledge. But to try compare lesnar's relatively minor infraction to what the prosecutors proved FOILES did is WEAK.

Cat, there is no automatic suspension for contravening Section 37 of the WA, the legislation does however say that a justice may suspend a person upon conviction in court of contravening the aforementioned section for a period of up to 5 years.

As for the land access uproar, I'm pretty sure that a few folks on here have mentioned that the area shown in the video is not on the grazing reserve that folks like walking buffalo are all bent out of shape about.

Still waiting to hear some answers to my simple questions...

'rifle

longrifle
12-22-2011, 03:53 PM

as per the regs, in the case of a deer, one must affix the appropriate species tag to the tendon "window" on one of the rear legs of the animal, so there wouldn't have been a tag attached to the cape/antlers/skull of the deer at the taxidermists...

'rifle

LIVINGLEGEND
12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Good comments rifle, but if you're expecting the handful of zealots you're bantering with here to be reasonable, you're going to be dissapointed.

No amount of objective comments and observations from your end is going to make any difference.

Look at the names, it's always brings out the same bunch on threads like this.

There's always going to be that group, we all know them, the group that goes through life with iceberg sized chips on their shoulders and this forum unfortunately has more than its fair share.

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
as per the regs, in the case of a deer, one must affix the appropriate species tag to the tendon "window" on one of the rear legs of the animal, so there wouldn't have been a tag attached to the cape/antlers/skull of the deer at the taxidermists...

So why was there an investigation leading to charges in the first place?
I have had a few animals at the taxidermist, and there was never a reason for the authorities to investigate to see whether they were properly tagged. Something obviously made the officer suspicious.

longrifle
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
So why was there an investigation leading to charges in the first place?
I have had a few animals at the taxidermist, and there was never a reason for the authorities to investigate to see whether they were properly tagged. Something obviously made the officer suspicious.

I have no idea, but I can hypothesize that once word got around that lesnar had hunted in a certain area and had taken a very nice whitetail and a decent mule deer rumours began...

Hey Hank, I heard that damned Brock Lesnar was out hunting our deer on the grazing reserve and shot a big whitetail...You're kidding me Willard, thats why the damned gate was locked when I tried to go for a hunt in november. And ya know what, he probably didn't have a tag for that damned whitetail, as there aren't many whitetails in those parts. Yeah Hank, I heard that he left all the meat at the bottom of the coulee, my second cousin's sister in laws best friends mother told my sister. Yep Willard thats gospel for sure...

And it snowballed from there with the fusion promo and videos etc, leading to someone phoning in a complaint. Once F&W figured out who it was, a 'celebrity' who is starting to promote hunting, the chase was on.

I'm not bashing SRD officials, nor am I condoning Lesnar's contravention of the wildlife act, I just can't believe how the blinders go on and the sheeple form a lynch mob when it comes to these types of situations.

'rifle

Pudelpointer
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I have no idea, but I can hypothesize that once word got around that lesnar had hunted in a certain area and had taken a very nice whitetail and a decent mule deer rumours began...

Hey Hank, I heard that damned Brock Lesnar was out hunting our deer on the grazing reserve and shot a big whitetail...You're kidding me Willard, thats why the damned gate was locked when I tried to go for a hunt in november. And ya know what, he probably didn't have a tag for that damned whitetail, as there aren't many whitetails in those parts. Yeah Hank, I heard that he left all the meat at the bottom of the coulee, my second cousin's sister in laws best friends mother told my sister. Yep Willard thats gospel for sure...

And it snowballed from there with the fusion promo and videos etc, leading to someone phoning in a complaint. Once F&W figured out who it was, a 'celebrity' who is starting to promote hunting, the chase was on.

I'm not bashing SRD officials, nor am I condoning Lesnar's contravention of the wildlife act, I just can't believe how the blinders go on and the sheeple form a lynch mob when it comes to these types of situations.

'rifle

So...... he was framed? He didn't break any laws and just plead guilty because he has an important fight coming up? Is that what you are saying?

longrifle
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
So...... he was framed? He didn't break any laws and just plead guilty because he has an important fight coming up? Is that what you are saying?

AHHHHHH, how did you get that out of anything that I have posted??:sHa_sarcasticlol::dork:

'rifle

catnthehat
12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I for one could care less what a person does legally, and when I hear of stuff - ESPECIALLY when it comes to trophy sized animals or celebrities, I withhold judgment until all is said and done - the McGarvey buck is just one example .

The fact does remain he was charged and convicted, period.
As as a licence suspension goes I was pretty sure there was not a mandatory suspension for a minor violation, which this seems to have been deemed by the authorities. I wasn't positive however, that you for the clarification.
However, the guide should be looking out for stuff like that, for sure.
Cat

walking buffalo
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
As for the land access uproar, I'm pretty sure that a few folks on here have mentioned that the area shown in the video is not on the grazing reserve that folks like walking buffalo are all bent out of shape about.

Still waiting to hear some answers to my simple questions...

'rifle

Simple answer, that you may already know. THE ONLY ACESSS to the natral area where the buck was shot is through the South Pinhorn.

Lock the Pinhorn, and Public access to the Narural area is locked too. :sign0161:

So WHY would Brock plead guilty and pay a Higher than usual fine And a Higher than usual hunting suspension for the charge?

Perhaps it's called "Plea Bargaining" for a reason. :sign0161:

catnthehat
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Simple answer, that you may already know. THE ONLY ACESSS to the natral area where the buck was shot is through the South Pinhorn.

Lock the Pinhorn, and Public access to the Narural area is locked too. :sign0161:

Well, that seems to settle the access question!:thinking-006:
Cat

longrifle
12-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Lock the Pinhorn, and Public access to the Narural area is locked too.

Any concrete proof that the gate was locked during the time period that lesnar was there??????????????????????????????

If not, then that particular tidbit of information is hearsay BS, pure and simple. Get off the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'rifle

ishootbambi
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Any concrete proof that the gate was locked during the time period that lesnar was there??????????????????????????????

If not, then that particular tidbit of information is hearsay BS, pure and simple. Get off the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'rifle

lesnar pled guilty in court and you are still defending him? given your shiny new status around here and intense interest in this matter, i have no choice but to believe you are involved with alberta trophy hunts. maybe you could shed some light on things then......ya know....seeing as how stryker (strawboss) has suddenly gone quiet......

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 05:54 PM
given your shiny new status around here and intense interest in this matter, i have no choice but to believe you are involved with alberta trophy hunts. maybe you could shed some light on things then......ya know....seeing as how stryker (strawboss) has suddenly gone quiet......

I wonder if he drives a black dually?:thinking-006:

saddleup
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM

So WHY would Brock plead guilty and pay a Higher than usual fine And a Higher than usual hunting suspension for the charge?

Perhaps it's called "Plea Bargaining" for a reason. :sign0161:

I said it once, and I will say it again.. WB you dont know sknit about the Pinhorn or the Natural Area...... IT CAN BE ACCESSED FROM OTHER POINTS, NOT JUST THRU THE PIN HORN... and I dont have to 'cut and paste this info"

longrifle
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
lesnar pled guilty in court and you are still defending him? given your shiny new status around here and intense interest in this matter, i have no choice but to believe you are involved with alberta trophy hunts. maybe you could shed some light on things then......ya know....seeing as how stryker (strawboss) has suddenly gone quiet......

I wonder if he drives a black dually?:thinking-006:

LOL, here it comes, maybe I am stryker?? Put on yer tinfoil hats Jethro. Have a look at the fish I have in my grasp in my avatar and also note what it says in 'location,' you should be able to figure out where I'm from...Hint, its to the west of you.

Given that, I have no idea whom Stryker is and I certainly have no knowledge of the outfitter that he works for. I'm not defending anyone, just annoyed by a bunch of intraweb blowhards who go on and on about something trivial. Yep, lesnar plead guilty to doing something that 99% of the folks on here have done time and time again. BIG FRICKIN' DEAL, get over your jealous assed selves already.

As for the land access issue, do either of you, or anyone have any concrete proof that the gate in question was locked???

Oh yeah, smart guys don't drive trucks made by any manufacturer that offers duallys.

'rifle

muzzy
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Was in edmonton journal two days ago He pled guilty thru his lawyer and was fined a fair chunk of change and I believe lost hunting privileges Guides trial still to come in January

elkhunter11
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Was in edmonton journal two days ago He pled guilty thru his lawyer and was fined a fair chunk of change and I believe lost hunting privileges

He didn't really lose any hunting privileges, because the six month suspension expires before next fall.

walking buffalo
12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I said it once, and I will say it again.. WB you dont know sknit about the Pinhorn or the Natural Area...... IT CAN BE ACCESSED FROM OTHER POINTS, NOT JUST THRU THE PIN HORN... and I dont have to 'cut and paste this info"

And the Pinhorn CANNOT be locked by the Grazing Co-op without following SRD guidelines.

Just for you....

http://srd.alberta.ca/LandsForests/ProvincialGrazingReserves/Default.aspx

Provincial Grazing Reserves

Goals
Provide continued public access by managing to reduce conflict with grazing, other resource uses and conservation.

Use of PGRs
To All Visitors
You are welcome at all provincial grazing reserves in Alberta, whether you are taking advantage of the recreational opportunities available or just enjoying the scenery and the great outdoors.

hillind64
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
According to the Edmonton Sun Brock Lesner entered a plea of guilty here in Alberta. He was fined $1725.00 and a six month hunting suspension. He doesn't even miss a hunting season. Would we be so lucky? No mention of the guiding outfit. Maybe because it was in the MMA article of the sports section.

leeaspell
12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Yea, but he gets alot more publicity than the average guy. if you were the government would you want "world renowned MMA athlete choses Albert as his main hunting grounds for world class record whitetail"

Sounds alot more appealing to aliens than "local toefield man shots deer"

I find it strange that people still think celebs get special treatment, they do, its how it is, they have money,it makes money where ever they go.

MacLeod
12-22-2011, 10:58 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~retro4/brock2.jpg

What's up ... you talkin' about me?! :mad3:

leeaspell
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Thats an old photo, wheres the penis tattoo. Anyone who listens to Jason ellis will know what im talkin about lol

kronk
12-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Thats an old photo, wheres the penis tattoo. Anyone who listens to Jason ellis will know what im talkin about lol

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

leeaspell
12-22-2011, 11:13 PM
lol

elkhunter11
12-23-2011, 06:47 AM
I actually have no issue with Lesnar, my issue is with the court issuing a meaningless suspension of hunting privileges. A six month suspension would keep an Alberta resident from being eligible to apply for the draws next June, but it means nothing to a non resident. Why pretend to imply that you are being tough on someone by issuing a suspension, when the suspension is meaningless to that person? Either issue a suspension that means something, or don't bother to issue any suspension at all.

elkhunter11
12-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Is anyone naive enough to believe that Lesnars's lawyer and the prosecutor chose the six month suspension randomly? It's a win win for both Lesnar and the Alberta authorities, since the authorities can pretend to have been tough on Lesnar by issuing a suspension, and Lesnar won't miss any hunting time in Alberta.

honda450
12-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I actually have no issue with Lesnar, my issue is with the court issuing a meaningless suspension of hunting privileges. A six month suspension would keep an Alberta resident from being eligible to apply for the draws next June, but it means nothing to a non resident. Why pretend to imply that you are being tough on someone by issuing a suspension, when the suspension is meaningless to that person? Either issue a suspension that means something, or don't bother to issue any suspension at all.

Agreeded a joke for sure. :sign0176:

sheephunter
12-23-2011, 08:02 AM

He can't hunt bears this spring ;)

Jayhad
12-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Yep big ol chest

FishingMOM
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Yep big ol cock chest

you mean this pic?

elkhunter11
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
He can't hunt bears this spring

And based on the fact that he accepted the suspension, when he plead guilty, he had no intentions of hunting bears in Alberta this spring anyways.:sign0161: It wouldn't surprise me if it was Lesnars lawyer that suggested the six month suspension as part of the plea bargain.

sheephunter
12-23-2011, 08:11 AM
And based on the fact that he accepted the suspension, when he plead guilty, he had no intentions of hunting bears in Alberta this spring.:sign0161:

You sure know a lot about Brock and his intentions...lol

The guy broke the law...under what circustances no one here knows. His lawyer made a deal with the crown to prevent a trial. Brock paid a fine and received a suspension. Everything else is pure speculation. Elk a few posts back you didn't even know what deer he was charged over and now you know his intensions? While I'm glad he was convicted and fined for breaking the law, I'm not sure about all this pointless speculation. The guide is still yet to go to court. Hopefully more details come out then.

Donkey Oatey
12-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Do we really need another Brock thread? We already have one that is 8 pages of mostly hate and assumptions.

Smokey
12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
We could send him brochures of a our socialized health care, and it might keep him away.

Oh well once the Horsemeat loving Overeem sends him to the canvas, the neverwas or hasbeen can go back to the:fighting0030: WWE.

elkhunter11
12-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Elk a few posts back you didn't even know what deer he was charged over and now you know his intensions?

That is an assumption on your part. I posted that the media reported that the investigation resulted as a result of a check at a taxidermist that led to the discovery of an untagged deer. Could you kindly point out where I posted the species of the deer?

His lawyer made a deal with the crown to prevent a trial.

And by pleading guilty now, and accepting a six month suspension , the suspension would expire before next fall. If he plead not guilty, and this went to trial and was delayed for several months, as can easily happen, a six month suspension could prevent him from hunting in Alberta next year. That would make the option of suggesting a six month suspension as part of a plea bargain, at a later date, much less attractive..

sheephunter
12-23-2011, 08:35 AM
That is an assumption on your part. I posted that the media reported that the investigation resulted as a result of a check at a taxidermist that led to the discovery of an untagged deer. Could you kindly point out where I posted the species of the deer?

LOL...good save elk...in that same newspaper article you were waving around it said it was a whitetail. Apparently you didn't read the info you were using as evidence very well...lol The guy is guilty, he paid a fine, don't let it ruin your Christmas.

Jamie Black R/T
12-23-2011, 08:40 AM
all of you who think he got off light....tune into the ppv on the 30th....Lesnar is going to endure a LOT of punishment in the cage....by the time the night is over those of you who want to castrate him will be feeling sorry for the big lug LOL

Neil Waugh
12-23-2011, 12:17 PM
There's an interesting promotional video posted on their website that would seem to indicate that Trophy Hunt Alberta's troubles with quickly tagging game after it's harvested goes beyond Brock Lesner's little run in with Fish and Wildlife.
This freebee hunt by a Yank blowhard called Tim Wells, who is also listed as the "producer" of the video, features three mule deer kills. Two apparently by Wells and a third by THA guide called Frank.
If you fast forward the vid to 9:59 it appears as though Frank's buck (he said he harvested it "five miles south of Fort McLeod" which would put it in WMU 110) doesn't seem to have a tag.
Same goes for Wells' deer at 23:18. His second buck's rear legs aren't visible in the shot.
Both of the apparent tag-free bucks were videoed later on during the "staged" portion of the hunt which you would have thought provided lots of time to tag the animal.
I have to assume they were eventually tagged considering THA's strong stand on fair chase and ethics. Like Brock's allegedly was.
But it's interesting fer sure.
By the way, can a non-resident alien harvest two antlered mule deer in one year?

sheephunter
12-23-2011, 12:24 PM
By the way, can a non-resident alien harvest two antlered mule deer in one year?

Not that I know of

JohnB
12-23-2011, 12:54 PM
all of you who think he got off light....tune into the ppv on the 30th....Lesnar is going to endure a LOT of punishment in the cage....by the time the night is over those of you who want to castrate him will be feeling sorry for the big lug LOL

I think after his next fight he will hang up the gloves and then he will go full time with his own TV show on Wild.

sheephunter
12-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I think after his next fight he will hang up the gloves and then he will go full time with his own TV show on Wild.

More likely one of the U.S. channels...no money to be made in Canadian television that's for sure.

dgl1948
12-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I guess he did not do anything wrong? I am not sure how a hunter and guide could make a simple mistake???? This is Fussion Ammo's take on the issue.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. We just wanted to let you know we take your opinion, and the spokespeople who represent us, seriously. Brock Lesnar legally shot two deer in Alberta. The fine he paid was related to the timing of the placement of his tag on one of the animals. It was a simple mistake on the part of a hunter and his professional guide. Brock is committed to ethical hunting and we continue to support him.

Happy Holidays and best of luck in the field.

Fusion Communications Team

If you want to email them here it is.

email to webteam@atk.com

If you want to see the deer check this out

http://www.fusionammo.com/brock_lesnar/default.aspx

ishootbambi
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
More likely one of the U.S. channels...no money to be made in Canadian television that's for sure.

maybe not cash....but lots of free zeiss products....:sHa_shakeshout:

thats a joke by the way....:love0025:

sheephunter
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
maybe not cash....but lots of free zeiss products....:sHa_shakeshout:

thats a joke by the way....:love0025:

I hope so because I learned long ago that there was nothing free in life and especially business...Sadly my bank wants cash for my mortgage and Wild TV wants cash for air time....Trust me, nothing is free;)