PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have private access to Bearspaw?

BeeGuy
12-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm looking for access to Bearspaw Res.

Via Emerald Bay or Agricultural land

Otherwise I might try hang-gliding in from the Glenbow Cliffs.

PM if you have access or ideas.

slivers86
12-16-2011, 03:11 AM
if valley ridge is an ungated community (im not familiar) than could you not park there, and walk up the river, and up to the top? The high water mark is a good sign of private property, and I'm assuming a certain distance from a dam?

Alexey
12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
There used to be access through this lot
51.142592,-114.326309

BeeGuy
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
OK, well I'm still sorting out how I'm going to launch my hang glider from glenbow cliffs and soar into bearspaw; Rocky View's premier sport ice fishing location.

Things I'm having difficulty with are: how to attach an 8" manual auger to my glider; once on the reservoir, how do I gain enough ground speed to take off again; finally, how thick is the ice, and what bait should I use and where should I fish and how deep of water?

Anywho, check out this sweet info I have pried from the depths of the internet.

MAPS! (with legend) (and google earth for reference).

My favorite part is where they show you where you have to canoe.

Inch by inch we lose our liberty.

Pikecrazed
01-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I have fishid bearspaw twice and used the service road to go up

BeeGuy
01-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I have fishid bearspaw twice and used the service road to go up

Service road is now fenced and posted no tresspassier

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
OK, well I'm still sorting out how I'm going to launch my hang glider from glenbow cliffs and soar into bearspaw; Rocky View's premier sport ice fishing location.

Things I'm having difficulty with are: how to attach an 8" manual auger to my glider; once on the reservoir, how do I gain enough ground speed to take off again; finally, how thick is the ice, and what bait should I use and where should I fish and how deep of water?

Anywho, check out this sweet info I have pried from the depths of the internet.

MAPS! (with legend) (and google earth for reference).

My favorite part is where they show you where you have to canoe.

Inch by inch we lose our liberty.

sweet no trespassing means big fish .if u approach the water from below the high water mark you are doing nothing wrong. will be scoping it out this weekend with any luck wohoo

BeeGuy
01-02-2012, 11:54 PM
sweet no trespassing means big fish .if u approach the water from below the high water mark you are doing nothing wrong. will be scoping it out this weekend with any luck wohoo

I'm still under the weight restriction on the hang glider if you want to double.

Not sure where youre going to access the low water mark.

SalmoTrutta
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM

you still have to cross private land to get to the high water mark though?? unless your walking down one of the creeks to the Res. this won;t really help you no??

BeeGuy
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Nope, and the fed law doesn't apply to creeks as they are not navigable.

Train tracks present another obstacle.

fish gunner
01-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I would ask every door on the street someone will say yes almost always do ah I have ur tru solution use auger to spin a propeller see no problem

ÜberFly
01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
If you can float a small raft/canoe/innertube, etc., down, it's considered navigable (i.e., Jumping Pound Creek is a creek, but navigable!)!

This was told to me by someone that works/ed for Nav Canada!

P

Nope, and the fed law doesn't apply to creeks as they are not navigable.

Train tracks present another obstacle.