PDA

View Full Version : Stadium seats

Bobby B.
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
My Clam tent included 4 seats. Unfortunately, these seats are comfortable only if you are less than 5 ft tall and weigh less than 80 lbs. Since I'm over 6 ft and over 200 lbs, I thought these seats might be an appropriate upgrade.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/5/KidsSports/KidsBaseballAccessories/PRD~0761505P/Broadstone+Deluxe+Stadium+Seat.jsp?locale=en

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Bobby B.

Hunter Trav
12-16-2011, 02:10 PM
My only question would be whether or not you could easily mount them in your shack. If you can they should work for ya I would think. Myself, I would be looking at some of the higher end boat seats, mainly for ease of installation...

Bobby B.
12-16-2011, 03:07 PM
My only question would be whether or not you could easily mount them in your shack. If you can they should work for ya I would think. Myself, I would be looking at some of the higher end boat seats, mainly for ease of installation...

They really aren't mounted, more like simply placed upon. My intent is to cut a sheet of 3/4" plywood to match the contour of the inner lip of the sled then cut the plywood width ways. This will form a 'lid' on which the seats can be placed. When separated, the 2 halves of plywood will still fit into sled as will the folding seats. In addition, not being hard mounted, the seats will offer some flexibility as sitting arrangements.

Bobby B.

Hunter Trav
12-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you have a plan, go for it and let us know how it turns out...:D