PDA

View Full Version : New to AB! Assistance please

Booboo
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Good morning all,

I am new to this part of our country and have a passion for the outdoors. I am hoping to get some info from all the locals on the board, and do not worry I am not gonna ask for the best places to hunt or fish!

What I want to know, being new here and no idea where to begin to look is the following. Either a list of the following info, or places I can call or check online to find the info.

Big game awards nights not just in Edmonton.
Fundraising dinner for places such as DU and Delta (not sure if you have Delta out here)
Gun Shows

Basically I like to attend these dinners and help support groups like this as much as I can, and the gmes nights, well I enjoy hearing stories of the success of others.

So any help you can give me would be appreciated.

steve
12-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Join your local fish and game. There is a horn scoring night thread at the top of this page, a few left throughout AB.

Booboo
12-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I am a member at Sherwood Fish and Game, but have not gotten anything from since I joined.

Ryry4
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
SCI Northern Alberta has a fundraiser dinner in Edmonton every year.

Faststeel
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
has a fundraiser sporting clays shoot out east of town about 65 Kms at Beaverhills sporting clays. That is usually in mid may..
DU has dinners all over the place in and around Edmonton but most of them take place in the fall. FS