PDA

View Full Version : Reconyx Hyperfire HC500

Giles
12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Woundering where to buy a Reconyx Hyperfire HC500 in Canada ? And where is the cheapest?And those who have this camera , what do you think of it ?

trouter
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
I cant comment on the 500 but we have a few 600 for work. We need the no glow (flash) for work. Picture are great up to about 50-60 yrds. the best thing about this camera is battery life. I pout the cameras out late september and left them out till the following july and still had 54% battery life. They take 12 AA, if you decide to get one spend the money on lithiums you wont be disappointed. As far as i know the 500 is the same as 600 but with the red glow. we ordered direcly from the website was around 500 a peice because we ordered a few with locks. Instead of posting pictures here is the link to a photobucket account. I aslo have never used any other cams to give you a comparison, so i may be a bit bias, butr the batterylife still blows me away. My pictures are not set up for critters so dont have alot of critter shots.
http://photobucket.com/reconyx

Giles
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info , I was looking for a cam to monitor our driveway up to our acreage . Had trouble with theft and I like the fact this camera has very quick trigger speed and they are unbeatable ! Are you using it for security ?