PDA

View Full Version : Spring Snow Goose Hunts Saskatchewan

Whitetail77
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Hey All,
Looking for any recommendations on a good guided spring snow goose hunt. Will likely be a small group. Anyone had experience with these guided hunts. Lots of guys will probably say to do it myself, but time is an issue and also the gear thats required. I'm set up for around here, but no where near whats required for snows in Saskatchewan. And yes I know..........I'm crazy for thinking about spring snow goose hunting already.

bobalong
12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Actually I was just looking last night myself. I talked to a couple of guys at the waterfowl show a couple of years ago. At that time for a group I believe Garrett at Lucky Lake was the cheapest at 125/gun per day and RJM (hooked on honkers) was about 200.00. These prices were only for the hunt which included blinds, decoys and calling while lodging, food, and cleaning/freezing birds was up to you.

http://luckylakehuntingadventures.ca/hunts/

http://www.hookedonhonkers.com/bear.htm

Zekeland
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I can't help you for SK.

But if you want names for MB I can help.

I'm sure there are members who will lend a hand for SK info....

Spring is a blast :)

tuffymitch1
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Try this outfitter,heres his link,there the best waterfowl outfitters in Saskatchewan and they offer the full package deal! http://www.spiritcreekoutfitters.com:)

hunter0968
12-20-2011, 06:28 PM
purchase that amount you would spend on a guided hunt on decoys and give me a e mail. if i were u wait till fall way more predictable and they actually fly away from the roost to feed. un like spring so much water and food available. just my opinion i grew up rite by quill lakes and snow goose in spring not even close to the fall. best morrning ever was this year 220 snows and 80 ducks that was in sept. just to be clear there was 11 of us and i am not an outfitter or in any way suggesting payment of any sort. just love waterfowl hunting and love getting new pple involved in the sport

bobalong
12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
purchase that amount you would spend on a guided hunt on decoys and give me a e mail. if i were u wait till fall way more predictable and they actually fly away from the roost to feed. un like spring so much water and food available. just my opinion i grew up rite by quill lakes and snow goose in spring not even close to the fall. best morrning ever was this year 220 snows and 80 ducks that was in sept. just to be clear there was 11 of us and i am not an outfitter or in any way suggesting payment of any sort. just love waterfowl hunting and love getting new pple involved in the sport

We can hunt here in the fall, but there is no spring season in Alberta.

hunter0968
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
i live in ab now and i dont get back that often anymore to the farm. it is nice to get out in the spring i used to do it regularly, i go back now in sept for ten days and enjoy every minute of it.

dgl1948
12-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Try some of the guys on www.saskatchewanhunts.ca They should be able to help.

bobalong
12-20-2011, 07:55 PM

i live in ab now and i dont get back that often anymore to the farm. it is nice to get out in the spring i used to do it regularly, i go back now in sept for ten days and enjoy every minute of it.

My wife is from the Kyle area and I used to hunt there in the fall for quite a few years. Awesome hunting there in the fall, but no snows around there in the spring.

trapshooter
12-26-2011, 01:43 AM
My Dad and I go, it is the best! We only have 300 decoys but it works. Just call some farmers found out if there are snow geese that come through the area or not. Some farmers might even have someone that can take you out. Also pay close attention to the snow depth map.