PDA

View Full Version : Tag Soup!

pintailslammer
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM
How many of you end up with tag soup this fall?
x1 on whitetail and my muledeer

Pin

ishootbambi
12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
i ended with a cougar, moose and bear tag unused. robin never filled her mule tag, and eric has a bear tag leftover along with a pair of antlerless deer tags.

Kurt505
12-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Muley, whitetail, and elk. The freezers full of moose so I passed on the elk, never did find a big enough muley during archery season, and couldn't find the whitetail I was after. All I got was a pic two days before archery season opened.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/Kurt505Hunter/8cf47ce1.jpg

whitetail Junkie
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
How many of you end up with tag soup this fall?
x1 on whitetail and my muledeer

Pin

X3 tags...all I shot this year was a blue goose,but in 9 months its always another hunting adventure! So things are lookin up!

Mountain Guy
12-20-2011, 11:03 PM
WT tag soup per moi...
Thats normal for me though.:ashamed:

gunslinger
12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Whitetail soup tag
elk soup tag

bchap22
12-20-2011, 11:49 PM
General mule tag
General whitetail tag
2x supplemental whitetail
General Elk
Bear tag

Came very close to getting my elk and had a bull at 60 yards i just couldn't get a clear shooting lane. Could have shot all my whitetail tags but i didn't find a buck big enough.(I do enjoy horn soup!!!) Couldn't bring myself to shoot a doe in my eyes its like shooting two deer but thats just my opinion. The bear tag wasn't a big priority. Mule deer outsmarted me lol the closest i got to the buck i wanted was 120 yards and didn't really want to shoot a doe.

Im empty handed this year so hopefully all the bucks i passed on will grow up big for next year.

buckbrushoutdoors
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I never filled the following
General wt
Strathcona wt
General elk
General moose
Alberta black bear
BC black bear
General mule deer
Sask whitetail
Wainwright primitive all three tags
Mule does in 202

I filled the following...

Alberta cougar

lol I'm pathetic or to picky

ram crazy
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
General Wt tag soup.
Sask. Wt tag soup.

I didn't see anything big enough to put a tag on this year!!!!!!

I did fill my Bull Elk tag so not all was a loss this year.

buckbrushoutdoors
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
X3 tags...all I shot this year was a blue goose,but in 9 months its always another hunting adventure! So things are lookin up!

9 months? Yikes dude get out there tons of opportunity to hunt other critters! Bears wolves coyotes turkeys

Thinlizzy
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Only got mule deer buck with how and shot one whitey doe for food bank. Moose and elk and whitey buck all tag soup.

Sledhead71
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Lot's of them left, actually all of them !

Had a fantastic season thou, did manage to run an arrow into an Australian Water Buffalo this summer, cool experience for sure.

hillbillyreefer
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
The few times I was out the numbers were scarce. Helped lots of City guys get their's but didn't have the heart to take a deer myself. Lots of good times, very little work hauling critters out. A good season overall, hopefully the deer have a good winter and their numbers bounce back.

Mule buck
Mule doe
Wt gen
Wt supplemental

Now to get approval to hang them on the tree!

Rigby
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
2 bear
Suplemental does
3-202 mule does
2 campwainright deer
3 strathcona deer
General mule
General moose

Lol but all my money went to a good cause. Haha

Huntnut
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Whitetail tag soup

whitetail Junkie
12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
9 months? Yikes dude get out there tons of opportunity to hunt other critters! Bears wolves coyotes turkeys

besides the odd coyote from december to August 31,its all about the walleye\Perch\Pike.

yamaha 1
12-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Tag soup on the WT ( which in normal, shopping for a large one.)
tag soup on the cow elk ( too warm ) go figure.
Never got drawn for moose, but got meat from our moose camp( two of the three tags filled)
I did shoot a large wolf and still laying the smack down on the coyotes.:)
Hunting is never done.:sHa_shakeshout::47b20s0:

sprinklerdog
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Just had WT supplemental left.

Didn't feel too bad not filling those, can't be too greedy.

Geo

DAVE
12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Gen whitetail

Only saw 1 buck i wanted to kill but did not turn out.

pointer
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I was woundering could I cook my wt tags and my md tags in the same slow cooker ? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

jaylow?
12-21-2011, 05:08 PM
i only took a whitetail buck to the freezer , tossed 2 bear tags , 2 supp does and a general mule.

Snowdog
12-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Lot's of them left, actually all of them !

Had a fantastic season thou, did manage to run an arrow into an Australian Water Buffalo this summer, cool experience for sure.

bit different to an AB buffalo eh? Crocodile Dundee has us believing you can put them down by whistling:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Roughneck71
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
big soup....general wt,2 supplemental elk general
Darrell

wbaj
12-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Muley buck, had chances but them walk, so no big deal. I am looking for one that makes me look twice before pulling.

Jimboy
12-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Didnt even pull a trigger this year , do to health issues , my diabetis and a heart attack , there will be no wild game on my plate this year , first year in 50 years l didnt hunt.

Andrzej
12-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Didnt even pull a trigger this year , do to health issues , my diabetis and a heart attack , there will be no wild game on my plate this year , first year in 50 years l didnt hunt.

Were you from Jimboy ?
We did not score on elk (hunting hard for 2 seasons)and did not apply for moose but got few WT and MD (by now all sausage) I can share Wt roast with you if you in Calgary area. Shot with lead free bullets.

Send me PM if you would like some for Christmas. It would be my pleasure.
Andrew

Duk Dog
12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
BB, WT, MD, and that darn BH sheep tag.

The Bit Runner.
12-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Could of filled every tag but one, I had a bull moose tag but i never had a chance to hunt in November.

Was able to fill my bull elk tag & whitetail doe tag.

Tag's not filled

White Tail Buck, Too Picky Waiting for One Only 185 class, Been hunting him for 3 years now. Good news he lives, Hopefully next year.
Bear, Once again too picky,Wanted a 20+ Bear.
Mule Buck, Only seen a few 160-170 Class. Wanted a 180-190 class
Bull Moose. Never seen one in archery season, But then again was busy with the elk and the Monster whitetail.

HunterDave
12-21-2011, 08:21 PM
A question for you fellas that have 10 or so tags left.......What the hell are you doing with all of those tags? :confused: Do you not target a specific species and just buy tags for every type of animal that you might see in the area that you are hunting in?

Andrzej
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
As to tag soup:
I buy bear tag every year just in case I need to shoot one and if I have a tag I don't need to prove that it was in self defense...most of them are not used .
Between me and my two sons we failed to fill 3 tags for elk this year.
I have a friend that told me "so your hunting trip was not successful", I said no hunting trip with my boys and friends was successful we did not get tags filled that's all.

Drop_Tine
12-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I never filled the following
General wt
Strathcona wt
General elk
General moose
Alberta black bear
BC black bear
General mule deer
Sask whitetail
Wainwright primitive all three tags
Mule does in 202

I filled the following...

Alberta cougar

lol I'm pathetic or to picky

PICKY

But thats a goid thing , your patience will pay off

Rigby
12-21-2011, 08:29 PM
A question for you fellas that have 10 or so tags left.......What the hell are you doing with all of those tags? :confused: Do you not target a specific species and just buy tags for every type of animal that you might see in the area that you are hunting in?

You never know what your gonna run into Dave. I hunt all over the province and given a opportunity at a true trophy i dont want to have to pass because i didnt spend $30 on a tag.

HunterDave
12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
You never know what your gonna run into Dave. I hunt all over the province and given a opportunity at a true trophy i dont want to have to pass because i didnt spend $30 on a tag.

That makes sense. I suppose that if I was hunting deer and moose in an area that had elk and it was general I'd buy that tag as well. I don't think that I'd buy a bear tag to go with it though. :)

1ruger
12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
2 bear general whitetail and draw antelered muley.all wre either to far to fast or to close.

Deer Hunter
12-21-2011, 08:47 PM

hope your feeling better next year Jimboy.

fatboyz
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Between me and my 2 daughters we still have: 6 supplemental WT, 1 antlered mule deer, 2 general Whitetail, and 1 Elk tag.
Still had a great season though. We got 2 antlerless Mule Deer, 1 WT buck, 1 Mule Buck, and 1 Bull moose.

Alberta Bigbore
12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Never shot a Whitetail Buck this year, passed on to many decent ones, and then all I seen was little ones so no shooters.

Also no Strathcona Buck for me... just had no time to get out to the farm i have permission on

bushnell
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Between my son and myself, 4 supplemental W/T ,1 general W/T and and 1 elk tag not filled, but still had a good season.Only brought 1 W/T home, but got some rookies into their first deer.

pintailslammer
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I to passed a few smaller mule deer bucks looking for a wall hanger. As for Whitetail mr.right never came.

My main goal was to get my son his first deer and we succeeded. He took a mid 120 5x5 whitetail ,The smile on his and his friends face were a enough to make my season a success!

Pin

cowboyhunter
12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Was in on a few kills this year with friends and their young boys but I personally am throwing away whitetail,elk and bear tags.

Erik
12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Hunting 2011 = complete bust

WT tag soup in Alberta.
General Hunting soup in B.C. as the hounds failed to latch onto a hot track and no rabbits came across the path of my shotgun. Also no rabbits in AB this year, but does not require a license, so doesn't really qualify for tag soup.

Managed 3 fish this year on the B.C. and AB fishing licenses. 1 Rainbow in AB and 2 Rocky Mtn Whitefish in B.C. Not exactly the best, but have only fished 2 times and still a couple months left in hard water season.

Disappointing season from a meat standpoint, but had lots of fun, scouted some new areas and am only missing some nice jerky in the end.

HunterDave
12-21-2011, 10:31 PM
I filled my tags but I set the bar low in order to avoid disappointment. :lol:

WT General and supplemental does filled.

Class B Walleye Lac Ste Anne filled.

I didn't buy anything else..........the end.

top predator
12-22-2011, 07:02 AM
I got a moose, archery elk, doe mule, cougar, ram, Sk whitetail buck, and pheasants.

Ate a AB wt, doe mule, goat(puked a little), and a bear tag...fairly decent year

biggmac
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Myself:

Left Over and looking great on the tree

General WT
(1) Supplemental WT
General Elk
Black Bear

Harvested:

Mule doe in 336, WT doe in 337, male cougar in zone 15

Wife's Left Over:

Antlerless Moose in 353

Saul Goode
12-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Gen sheep Tag. ( Never even saw a ram )

Gen Wht Tail Tag. ( Never saw one bigger then 3x3)

Had a Hellava good time though.

lake side
12-24-2011, 02:01 PM
WT general tag. It was a tough go for big whities were I was, even with most of November off to hunt them.

Tag soup tastes terrible and that damn wire keeps getting caught in my teeth.........:scared0015:

I also ate alot of track soup this year as well.............

kalmbach
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
More like Tag stew than soup

WT buck ..... looking for antlers and missed twice (bad scope mount) :angry3:
1 x WT Antlerless sup - personal choice,,,saw enough of them just filled one
Muley General - getting smart these Muleys
Elk General - wrong side of the fence and no permission
Pheasant .... #%$#*%##** release sites without any birds in them
Upland .....wrong gun at the right time
Black Bear and Sups ..... only if it crossed my path ...not looking for it

But great success on geese and ducks

deerhunter
12-25-2011, 12:13 PM
WT Buck ratteled a 5x5 to 46 yds Passed up on him and never seen another buck after!
2 doe tags
:fighting0030::fighting0030:

Bullseye Bills Trading Po
12-25-2011, 12:33 PM
More take soup MB/GW/Antlerless W/ General Elk/ Camp Wainwright x3 Better luck next Year!

Bushrat
12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Haven't shot anything in 7 or 8 years. I just like to hang out in the bush snooping around, watching and waiting. Bideing my time/seasons till I knock down a good one.

CNP
12-25-2011, 02:19 PM
No tag soup for me! I didn't have any tags lol. First year in decades that I missed a whole season. But thanks to some good friends I have more than enough venison in the freezer.

Sakoman
12-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Whitetail tag (Alberta)
Just in case bear tag
Archery mule deer

Freezer is actually full this year and this honey garlic pepperoni is awesome!!

BrownBear416
12-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Never killed anything this year in Alberta ..

Hunted lots with bow and rifle (close to 60 days ) I think..

Passed on Bears,Bull Moose,Mule deer bucks,Whitetail bucks,Cow,Calf,Bull elk ect ect..

To fussy for my own good and the few animals that i didnt care about size whooped my butt.Found that trophy quality was way down almost everywhere I hunted.

Helped some out with elk,deer and bear so the season was a success.

Got some high priority for some big tags so the next few years should be better..

Rackmastr
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
This year in Alberta I shot one supp. whitetail doe down south.....

Shot a whitey buck in SK (small guy), and that was it. Rounded out the season with a few birds...

Was one of the slower years....but had some fun, hunted with some new guys, and enjoyed getting out none the less!!