PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Book Archery? whats up?

Alberta Bigbore
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.trophybookarchery.com/ <---just noticed their web site was revamped, but yet not finished, and i also noticed in a AO magazine ad, that the shop was up for sale as the owners were retiring. Whats going on with that place?

BigRackLover
02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
don't know, never been. Heard it is a snobby place.

mud slug
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
was in there on friday dan never said anything. i know he had a problem finding staff a while ago. don't know might have to stop in and ask him.

huntingboy101
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi

I've never been there how is it? bad or good?

Rob Miskosky
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Dan just wants to retire, kick back and do a lot more hunting. There is no other reason.

katts69
02-10-2008, 08:32 PM
i think it is more leona wanted out than dan. i know even if it sells he wants to stay on for a while. i know if it was me i wouldnt want to let go either. anyways great place and good staff. wish the best to dan in whatever he wants to do.. take care, rob

Alberta Bigbore
02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
just thought maybe they were already under new ownership due to the new website.

kinda itchin to know what brands they are selling now, if they added or minus any brands. But they are closed at this hour:lol:

Wish C.A.C. could make a Part II shop up here.

katts69
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
bigbore, they are still selling the same mathews crap as before, lol!! take care, rob

Morbius131
02-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Katts, well said ... Mathews Cr@p :lol:

Yeah I agree...I was in there a while ago and Dan was picking out some specs on a new RV. A lot more hunting and a lot less working...sounds gross :)

Morb

d338ultra
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
that's too bad, I have gone there relligously for the past 20 years for all my bowhunting needs. Great staff, very knowlageable, never steered me wrong. Over the years I've probably sent 15 guy's (and 1 gal) to buy their new bows.I sure am going to miss them.

slingshot
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I am old and I am new and want to change my tactics and start earlier and end earlier due to health reasons.If there is anyone out there that can point me in the right direction for where to get startted i sure would apreciate it.
I will need the whole bit purchase equipment and learn to use it.Any help would be apreciated

guidehunt
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
great idea guys , i would try jim at pipestone archery ,will help you with all questions and will spend lots of time with you .

BigRackLover
02-11-2008, 07:48 PM
i would try jim at pipestone archery ,will help you with all questions and will spend lots of time with you .

x2 on that. Jimbo will take care of you and you won't feel like he's rushing you out the door illprepared.

Chris K
02-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I bought my bow elsewhere as I was living in Manitoba when I purchased it. When I first headed to Trophybook with it after I moved back to Alberta Dan was very helpful and helped tune it up for me, and make some adjustments to make it shoot better. Trophybook is right behind my house as well, so it's proximity makes it convenient, but I really appreciate the service and knowledge on products, and Dan's opinions on hunting situations. Chris K

trda
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I have done alot of shopping there and they have always been very helpful and good to talk to. I just bought my new DXT there last weekend. No complants from me.:)

Pheasantnut
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
With Basspro (Balzac) and Cabelas (winnipeg + rumours of alberta) making inroads into Alberta what do you guys think will happen to all the mom and pop stores (trophybook, pipestone, sherwood park, etc) You think they'll survive and find a niche or go under?

gunslinger
03-01-2008, 06:36 AM
with the reputation that the stores have that you mentioned with out a doubt they will survive, and us guys from around edmonton,drayton valley aint gonna be driving all the way down there to buy stuff from bass pro.

Ryan_Archer
01-27-2009, 09:56 PM
i just bought my first bow at Trophybook Archery, they were very helpful in guiding me to choose a bow, i ended up getting a Mathews bow and the staff helped me adjust it and all. and they are very friendly, i go back quite often and enjoy the atmosphere.

outdoorguy
02-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Rick has bought the place off Dan. Goofy ol' Rob is still there. The place looks a lot better then it did. I know Rob will help out just about evryone that comes through the door. Rick doesn't mind if you just come into BS. for awhile. What I don't get is that there are some guys that slag his shop cause they are running their own archery places out of their homes yet they come in to Trophy book to shoot DART. If i was Rick i would not put up with that. They bring in all their own mail order stuff and don't support the guy thats ignorant.

Beaverflats
02-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Just a quick post about pipestone rather than trophy book, I have had good experience at both places, but pipestone is a great place to stop in and have a good b.s session and sit buy the old wood stove and have a coffee. Jim has great knowlege and prices - saved about $150 bucks on a spotting scope over wholesale. One negative, seems to take him awhile to get in stuff if your ordering it. Worth the wait if you get continued savings I guess. Plus he has some great handmade knives there.

petew
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Richard at trophy book treats the trad guys real good on Friday Night Darts.
If you have a stick and string drop by and join in.

Pete