PDA

View Full Version : Trail Cam Theif Slave Lake area, need ID

Dick284
12-23-2011, 09:23 AM
A firend who is'nt that internet savy, managed to get a picture of this trail cam theif.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/Dick284/Slavelktheif.jpg

Thank god for the second trail cam the theif never saw.

PM me if you have any good info on this individual.

Don K
12-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Brutal. Thats awesome you got a pic.
Christmas beats anyone!:fighting0030:

CaberTosser
12-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Ahhhh, the aroma of sweet justice in the air. I'm optimistic someone on here will be able to ID the clown. I can't tell from my IPhone, but has he got the other camera or are there pics of him red-handed?

Dick284
12-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I've got the original picture being emailed to me, so hopefully we can get a better look at his face.

Stand by.

Kurt505
12-23-2011, 09:38 AM
A helicopter ride and some rope would be a nice way of dealing with him. Wish I had a second camera set up this fall, there's another guy out there who deserves a ride.

livinthedream
12-23-2011, 09:59 AM
looks a bit like HW&F:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Rockymtnx
12-23-2011, 10:07 AM
There is a good facial shot on FB.
Hope someone reconizes this scumbag.

riden
12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

DUH

What is FB?

uplander
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
DUH

What is FB?

Facebook

yamaha 1
12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Face book.^^^^^^

Redfrog
12-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Where on FB?

bobalong
12-23-2011, 11:13 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/BrownBear416/Thief.jpg

:)

IR_mike
12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Hope he gets caught, charged, convicted and loses his bondability. (If he still is bondable)

And a good beating along the way.

Kitscoty Bear Slayer(KBS)
12-23-2011, 11:23 AM
If you look in background it looks like the outline of a black dodge dually

Albertadiver
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Let us know if you track him down.

NIKON
12-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Hope this thief gets caught........... Looks like he's following the tracks right to your camera...........

Nikon

H380
12-23-2011, 12:02 PM
What zone /area / date ? Sorry , just got the slave lake part .. thought I HAD A SUSPECT .

just_dave
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
He looks familiar. Like he's someone's kid that I know. But can't place him.

Thinlizzy
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Let us know if you track him down.
x2!

huntin
12-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Send it to the Edmonton news channel see if they will put him on tv

nicholal
12-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Put a ad up in slave lake sayn; You woukd like to thank this fine young man for his good deed and and compinsate him for his time that he helped you.........his buddies will call you like he won the lottery..........and bingo you have his name and possibly where he lives.........kinda like the sting ops the cops do!!! to the dumb azz theives

AL

njd03
12-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Wow thats a great picture you have of him awesome!
I wouldnt waste your time goin to a tv station, too small!
Maybe try Crimestoppers but even thats a stretch.
Maybe something on Kijijijiji!
Good Luck to ya!

Deer Hunter
12-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Better be sure he was the one who actually took the trailcam. just because his pic is on there doesnt necessarily mean he stole it. remember this thread?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=108533

im sorry your friend lost it.

ishootbambi
12-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Better be sure he was the one who actually took the trailcam. just because his pic is on there doesnt necessarily mean he stole it. remember this thread?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=108533

im sorry your friend lost it.

i was kinda thinking that too. hate to see the wrong cat get blamed. of course if there are pics of him actually swiping the other one, well then, hang him high!

just_dave
12-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I heard the details. Has me convinced.

sprinklerdog
12-23-2011, 04:57 PM
it really ****es me of when people take things that aren't theirs. I work damn hard for the things I would never take something like that no matter where I found it. Now, that being said, was this camera taken from private property? If so, I hope you catch the bugger.
Please don't jump on me for this, but if the camera was on public lands is there course for prosecution? Again, I don't condone taking anything that does not not belong to you but if a fellow leaves something like this where it can be taken is he not naive to believe there's no risk of it's removal?

Geo

jaylow?
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
did this camera record a video of this kid taking it or do you have a picture of this kid with the camera?

1shotwade
12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I am not sure if this apllies but we took some pictures of our game camera to the rcmp for tresspassing on our land and they so so not gonna even help! can't prove anything they sacould be anywhere! You better hope that you catch them and they confess! Not trying to be a downer but it's just the attitude we got! Fish and wildlife never called us back either!:sign0176:

huntinstuff
12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Post that pic in the closest town

"Would like to talk to this potential witness regarding theft of camera"

Dennisg
12-23-2011, 05:50 PM
This does not show that the guy in the picture took your trail cam. There should be a law against posting somebody's photo and branding them as a thief over the internet. Hope you get sued for defamation. Oh yeah that kid looks like a minor too.

Rockymtnx
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
This does not show that the guy in the picture took your trail cam. There should be a law against posting somebody's photo and branding them as a thief over the internet. Hope you get sued for defamation. Oh yeah that kid looks like a minor too.

Now dont go jumping all over someone. Remember you havent heard the whole story yet.

Dennisg
12-23-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry but if this picture does not show him taking the cam. At least put one that show he was taking it.:confused:

just_dave
12-23-2011, 06:02 PM

The evidence definitively points to this one guy.

Deer Hunter
12-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Now dont go jumping all over someone. Remember you havent heard the whole story yet.

So its ok for the original poster to be jumping all over someone with their picture on the net....??? unbelievable how quickly you have prosecuted this young fellow and thrown him to the wolves.

if there is more to the story then post it, rather than just his pic with accusations.

these trailcams are more trouble than they are worth.

Dennisg
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
So its ok for the original poster to be jumping all over someone with their picture on the net....??? unbelievable how quickly you have prosecuted this young fellow and thrown him to the wolves.

if there is more to the story then post it, rather than just his pic with accusations.

X2

Imagine if he was not the one who actually stole it and his friends and family sees this. At least show a convincing picture.

Rockymtnx
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM

Oh trust me it wouldn't have been posted if there wasn't some proof. We wouldn't allow that to happen.
No different than a murder case. A police force doesn't give up all the details to the public when they are looking for someone.

Come on guys give your head a shake. People are sick and tired of getting their stuff stolen. In this case I hope the culprit gets caught.

Deer Hunter
12-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh trust me it wouldn't have been posted if there wasn't some proof. We wouldn't allow that to happen.
No different than a murder case. A police force doesn't give up all the details to the public when they are looking for someone.

Come on guys give your head a shake.

this forum is amazing! i had no idea that certain threads were actually a part of an investigation!

i should be more careful of what i post as it could incriminate me or someone i know. carry on. sorry to interfere.

The Bit Runner.
12-23-2011, 06:37 PM

Theses Trail Cameras are actually alot of fun and ilook forward every year to putting them out, I learn so much from these and the pictures you get from them, Its awesome to have the same pictures year after year of the same deer and can see how he grows.

The actual only big broblem with the trail camera's is there are too many people who cant leave things alone that do not belong to them.

I do not know if this fella stole the other camera but either way once again someone stole something that does not belong to them.

If he was the one who stole it i would hope he would pay the consequences.

just_dave
12-23-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/45/hama0.jpg

huntin
12-23-2011, 08:08 PM

If that kid is a minor it looks like he is breaking 2 laws than where is his partner who must be over 18. :snapoutofit:

JohnB
12-23-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/45/hama0.jpg

That's a good one.

catnthehat
12-23-2011, 08:13 PM
From what I understand of trail cams , they take several pics at intervals.
If that is the case, this likely isn't the only picture he has of the person or persons , and there could in fact be one of someone taking the other camera.

Cat

sourdough doug
12-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Say dickie, Is your friend from DV, as well, if so was this pic taken during hunting season ?
Why are you saying that this person is from Slave ?. They have no exclusive territory to any area. I've had a camera stolen from me and didn't think for a miute that it was someone from there.. Just maybe, he was following the tracks of the thief to the site. Maybe ??? Send out the posse or better yet, the vigilantes.
If the person on the pic, did not take it, it would be nice to see this young person come forward and clear his name...:character0175:

CaberTosser
12-23-2011, 10:32 PM
My opinion is that if there's good enough evidence to convince Dick284 and Rockymtnx then I believe there's a solid case behind the accusations. Obviously there's more information than we've been provided, but it could be being kept in reserve as a means to allow the culprit some leeway in returning the stolen goods and maybe retain some dignity. It's ammunition for them; if they let it out then the kids got nothing else to lose. Basically a bargaining tactic. For all of you casting doubt, perhaps first take into account the impeccable character of the fellows casting the accusations...........:snapoutofit:

ishootbambi
12-23-2011, 10:57 PM
My opinion is that if there's good enough evidence to convince Dick284 and Rockymtnx then I believe there's a solid case behind the accusations. Obviously there's more information than we've been provided, but it could be being kept in reserve as a means to allow the culprit some leeway in returning the stolen goods and maybe retain some dignity. It's ammunition for them; if they let it out then the kids got nothing else to lose. Basically a bargaining tactic. For all of you casting doubt, perhaps first take into account the impeccable character of the fellows casting the accusations...........:snapoutofit:

accusations on their own are just that, however it seems though that there is some solid proof that isnt being presented. i hope this guy is caught and punished.

sourdough doug
12-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Upon closer inspection, I see that the pic was taken quite recently--- in which case, it is more evident that it could/might be a local. Being a local myself and as I said previously, a victim as well, I wish I had more info and could maybe be of assistance.
If the lad in the pic was dressed in jeans and a jacket, then it might be just a kid out for a walk with nothing better to do --but he was dressed in camo and in that sense is/was one of us...some proper mentoring could have probably avoided this.....kinda makes me a bit sad...:character0175:

Headdamage
12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeqDBsmBFihPqT7t2RRAq8EoOjtFn_t 4NsiPO-dZBDiauc8BIorwgp8PIX

Rockymtnx
12-24-2011, 03:59 AM
My opinion is that if there's good enough evidence to convince Dick284 and Rockymtnx then I believe there's a solid case behind the accusations. Obviously there's more information than we've been provided

accusations on their own are just that, however it seems though that there is some solid proof that isnt being presented. i hope this guy is caught and punished.

Good to see someone understands what is going on here. :)

The theft of trail cams over the past couple of years has gotten out of hand. If it isnt yours dont touch it. Lets leave it at that this lad is a thief. No if ands or buts about it.

Jimboy
12-24-2011, 05:35 AM
If the camera was put out on public land , then its done at entirely your own risk , and thats the answer you will get from the R.C.M.P.
Sucks , but thats life.
Cant compare a truck left there tho , its a registerd motor vehicle , entirely different scenario , but anything thats personal and unregisterd is just asking to get stolen if left on public property.
Also be carefull when posting a persons pic on the internet , could come back and haunt you.

catnthehat
12-24-2011, 06:07 AM
If the camera was put out on public land , then its done at entirely your own risk , and thats the answer you will get from the R.C.M.P.
Sucks , but thats life.

This has nothing to do with law but everything to do with res[ecting other peoples' property.
Just because something is on public property does not make it "fair game" for every low life around, and the people that steal things like trail cams and tree stands are nothing but SCUM!!.
What lack of moral fibre does it take for someone to go and cut the cable from a tree stand, rip a camera off a tree , or take a chainsaw that has obviously been stored with the intentions of using it there again?
People like this disgust me and I will have nothing to do with them.
Cat

timba
12-24-2011, 08:17 AM
the same type of thing came up on another forum but the person was messing with the bait(sask) and deleting the memeory card.the guy manage to get a pic and he posted it.Did take long and every knew who it was.

I hope you get him.

6tmile
12-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I dont know how this all is gonna shake down, but if there is gonna be any survalance systems in a work place doesnt it have to be posted with signs that let a person know? I do know that this isnt a place of work, stealing is stealing. After the seasons end we have to remove stands, do we have to remove cameras as well? Does this fall under the same classification?

Lefty-Canuck
12-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I dont know how this all is gonna shake down, but if there is gonna be any survalance systems in a work place doesnt it have to be posted with signs that let a person know? I do know that this isnt a place of work, stealing is stealing. After the seasons end we have to remove stands, do we have to remove cameras as well? Does this fall under the same classification?

There is no "requirement" to post or tell someone they are under surveilance.....most of the "smile you are on camera" signs are there to make people think twice about doing something they might regret.

LC

1shotwade
12-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Not sure about all the legal stuff involved but the RCMP warned us about putting the picture of the tresspassers on a public forum! they hinted at legal recourse! This was Private land to boot! Sounds Like a lot of grey in these scenarios!!!:sign0176:

deanmc
12-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Come on guys give your head a shake. People are sick and tired of getting their stuff stolen. In this case I hope the culprit gets caught.

True.But they ask for a suspect of interest and tell you if they may be dangerous or not.

If they publicly posted photos and said this unknown person IS guilty of a crime before a trial they would not be police officers for long.

i understand the story and believe he may be guilty but I have seen the judge jury and executioner mentality get carried away on forums before.

Be careful

Redfrog
12-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone post that the dude in the pic stole anything. I think it makes perfect sense to post his pic here to ID him and then talk to him.

As far your privacy being violated and suing etc. It won't happen. This is Canada. To successfully sue you must prove you have suffered actual financial loss by the pic being posted. Good luck with that. Tell me who is gonna spend north of 20,000 dollars because his pic is on the net?

Does not happen in the real world.

drake
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
this forum is amazing! i had no idea that certain threads were actually a part of an investigation!

i should be more careful of what i post as it could incriminate me or someone i know. carry on. sorry to interfere.

Ahahaah.....x2

deanmc
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone post that the dude in the pic stole anything. I think it makes perfect sense to post his pic here to ID him and then talk to him.

As far your privacy being violated and suing etc. It won't happen. This is Canada. To successfully sue you must prove you have suffered actual financial loss by the pic being posted. Good luck with that. Tell me who is gonna spend north of 20,000 dollars because his pic is on the net?

Does not happen in the real world.

A firend who is'nt that internet savy, managed to get a picture of this trail cam theif.

Thank god for the second trail cam the theif never saw.

PM me if you have any good info on this individual.
:thinking-006:

drake
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Sucks , but thats life.
Cant compare a truck left there tho , its a registerd motor vehicle , entirely different scenario , but anything thats personal and unregisterd is just asking to get stolen if left on public property.
Also be carefull when posting a persons pic on the internet , could come back and haunt you.

X2

Redfrog
12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks Deanmc. That's the first thing I missed all year.:)

Huntnut
12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Sucks , but thats life.

It's still stealing. It just ****es me off that people can't leave stuff alone.

And for what's it worth I would believe Dick284.

deanmc
12-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Deanmc. That's the first thing I missed all year.:)

Lol. Merry Christmas to you and everyone!!!

thumper
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
""If the camera was put out on public land , then its done at entirely your own risk , and thats the answer you will get from the R.C.M.P.
Sucks , but thats life.
Cant compare a truck left there tho , its a registerd motor vehicle , entirely different scenario , but anything thats personal and unregisterd is just asking to get stolen if left on public property.""

So, if your kid leaves his (unregistered) bicycle unattended outside McDonalds on the public sidewalk and I steal it - no problemo?

What if I lift your (unregistered) wallet from your pocket on a crowded public street, when your hand wasn't 'attending' it - no problemo?

In the past, when I've found something of value, and reported it to the RCMP, I've been told that I'm REQUIRED to turn it into the nearest police station. In the case of a found passport, I was once told that I MUST deliver it to the nearest police station ( 100+ kms away) "forthwith".
Actually, the police told me that 'lost & founds' that are run by every school, large retail outlet, transit, whatever, are all actually illegal - only the police can hold 'found goods'. Don't know if that cop was correct or not though.

pickrel pat
12-24-2011, 10:41 PM
pretty simple... if the tree cam is in your truck and it gets broke into and stolen, people are gonna feel sorry for you...... if its in your home and it gets broke into and stolen, people are gonna feel sorry for you....... strap it to a tree in the middle of nowhere and it gets stolen......people are gonna say....... ITS A CHANCE YOU TAKE! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?! but ya........it does suck, but this is the real world and its not always pretty, one has to know in his mind every time he hangs one, that theres a good possibility someone might take it. right? it sucks and will not stop. get used of it.( i do not condone stealing, but once again, we all know the chances when we hang them.)

just_dave
12-24-2011, 11:26 PM
...and if you steal one off a tree, your face might end up on the internet.

You forgot that one. ;)

Itchytrigger
12-24-2011, 11:33 PM
IMO the only thing I have against trail cam on public land is you getting blame if you happen to be in the vicinity and a second trail cam goes missing. They assume you've taken it. If I see a trail cam while I'm in the woods and have taken my picture of me I will erase the memory. I will keep it the way it was only it will be turned off. I don't give a sh** what people say, I have the right to protect myself.

kronk
12-25-2011, 01:43 AM
IMO the only thing I have against trail cam on public land is you getting blame if you happen to be in the vicinity and a second trail cam goes missing. They assume you've taken it. If I see a trail cam while I'm in the woods and have taken my picture of me I will erase the memory. I will keep it the way it was only it will be turned off. I don't give a sh** what people say, I have the right to protect myself.

:party0052:

pickrel pat
12-25-2011, 01:58 AM

you cant be charged for having your pic took......however i see your point especially in a small town........... joe blows cam gets jacked, joe blow has a pic of you near the cam, joe blow is sittin in the coffee shop tellin all who will listen what a theif you are..........within 24 hours everyone in your little community of 1000 people has labelled you a theif....... lol..... gotta like the way little towns work......now the locals watch you like a hawk when you enter their little store, deny you acces for hunting, etc etc etc...... yup..... i just might erase the memory in the cam as well if i encounter one!!!!

catnthehat
12-25-2011, 04:46 AM

Protect yourself from what?:confused:
I have come across a few trail cams in the bush , and all I do is note the time and day I was in there, and if there is snow on the ground I don't walk in front of them.
You could in fact help catch the person who actually took the camera if you ad the time and date noted when you did see it.

Cat

Grizzly Adams
12-25-2011, 09:29 AM
""If the camera was put out on public land , then its done at entirely your own risk , and thats the answer you will get from the R.C.M.P.
Sucks , but thats life.
Cant compare a truck left there tho , its a registerd motor vehicle , entirely different scenario , but anything thats personal and unregisterd is just asking to get stolen if left on public property.""

So, if your kid leaves his (unregistered) bicycle unattended outside McDonalds on the public sidewalk and I steal it - no problemo?

What if I lift your (unregistered) wallet from your pocket on a crowded public street, when your hand wasn't 'attending' it - no problemo?

In the past, when I've found something of value, and reported it to the RCMP, I've been told that I'm REQUIRED to turn it into the nearest police station. In the case of a found passport, I was once told that I MUST deliver it to the nearest police station ( 100+ kms away) "forthwith".
Actually, the police told me that 'lost & founds' that are run by every school, large retail outlet, transit, whatever, are all actually illegal - only the police can hold 'found goods'. Don't know if that cop was correct or not though.

Still have a boat trailer, someone left in my hay field, about ten years ago. :lol: Reported it to the RCMP, was told, we don't have a place to store it, hang on to it and if no one claims it after 30 days, it's yours.

You leave something small and valuable attended anywhere, for any length of time, chances are really good, someone who isn't as honest as we like , will latch on to it.

Grizz

Albertadiver
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Any updates on catching this dummy?

M77RMKII
12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
This IS the guy? He could just have been passing by. Unless you have the original camera and pics of him retrieving the camera, it will never stand in any court, even if he was trespassing on private property. You could then prove he trespassed but not theft unless he has it in his possession.

elkhunter11
12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
If I ever decide to purchase trail cams, they will be the type that transmits the photographs via a wireless modem, so that I don't have to go to the cameras to check them, and if someone decides to steal one, I will likely have pictures of the thief caught in the act.

bear crossing
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Regardless he should not be there,would you appreciate any one traipsing around your hard saught after spot

greylynx
12-27-2011, 04:52 PM
It appears that these camera thefts are now a regular item on the AO forum.

I really hope that someone does not go crazy and make one these tree cams into an improvised Claymore mine.

Could you imagine the horrific circumstances of stealing one of these cameras and instead of saying cheese, being turned into cheese.

There are a lot of crazy people out there.

pickrel pat
12-27-2011, 04:55 PM
It appears that these camera thefts are now a regular item on the AO forum.

I really hope that someone does not go crazy and make one these tree cams into an improvised Claymore mine.

Could you imagine the horrific circumstances of stealing one of these cameras and instead of saying cheese, being turned into cheese.

There are a lot of crazy people out there.

Excellent idea! thx for posting.......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

just_dave
12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
This IS the guy? He could just have been passing by. Unless you have the original camera and pics of him retrieving the camera, it will never stand in any court, even if he was trespassing on private property. You could then prove he trespassed but not theft unless he has it in his possession.

Court. lol.

Cal
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I dont think that guy is from Slave, doesnt look at all familiar to me but I'll keep my eyes open.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I dont know why so many guys are protecting a Thief . I have seen these images aswell , and can grantee 100 % come from a good honest Hard working fella .

I dont care if Its a trail camera , car , public land , private land , the local mall , that doesn't give you the right to steal someones stuff .

Makes ya wonder if the guy wasn't up to other stuff around . Ill pass the picture on to friends that live south of that area . Hopefully Yall catch this piece of skum . Use em for bear bait or something .

greylynx
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I dont think that guy is from Slave, doesnt look at all familiar to me but I'll keep my eyes open.

Take his picture to the Sawridge gas station. Tell the staff you have the money you two earned in a shared lottery. And say after you pay him off that it wll be party time. Your invited sweetee. Show a handful of twenties to motivate them.