PDA

View Full Version : Big Grizz Supposedly shot in ab in 2010

sunsetrider2011
12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Heres the story I read,,

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills south of Woking, Alberta when this big guy slipped in on the caller. The Shooter spotted the bear about 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Win Mag.. Farmers in the area knew about the bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and apen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area. Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but noticed on surveillance video that whenever he would center a trap, his hump would hit the top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in the rear. Check out the scar tissue on his face. Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs.

Anyways this seems to be a good place to find out some more infor on this bear ect,

Lefty-Canuck
12-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Heres the story I read,,

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills south of Woking, Alberta when this big guy slipped in on the caller. The Shooter spotted the bear about 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Win Mag.. Farmers in the area knew about the bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and apen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area. Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but noticed on surveillance video that whenever he would center a trap, his hump would hit the top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in the rear. Check out the scar tissue on his face. Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs.

Anyways this seems to be a good place to find out some more infor on this bear ect,

This has been around the block and back again.....internet fable. You can't believe everything on the internet :)

LC

Lone_Wolf
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
This one again?!?! :)

sunsetrider2011
12-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I was just curious on the story of the bear ..

sunsetrider2011
12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
By the sounds of it theres a whole lot of Bs that went with the story , was just curious what conclusion you guys come too

albertadeer
12-26-2011, 12:41 PM
By the sounds of it theres a whole lot of Bs that went with the story , was just curious what conclusion you guys come too

The true story was in a hunting magazine 5 years or so ago. I think it was a Alaskan bear.

Headdamage
12-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Yep, it was an Alaskan bear. There seem to be several stories floating around based on the photos but the real one was up in Alaska.

lone wolf
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Alaskan bear. The story varies with each rendition, but the (same) photos surface a couple of times a year.

huntin
12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
the real story on this is i was hunting in sask for monster white tails I was looking at the new world record he was only a 4x4 but would have netted 220 at least 13 inch bases I wanted to get the kill on film but the battery was dead so we were fumbling with the camera and it was 40 below fingers froze solid then i looked up and staring back into the tent was this monster we looked into eachers eyes and I knew it was me or him so i shot him twice with my 270wssm he dropped on the spot then i relised my trophy of a life time was gone. And Now you Know The Rest Of The Story

cpppark
12-26-2011, 06:05 PM
I didnt know Sneezy was a bear hunter, or is that Dopey?

sunsetrider2011
12-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Interesting ,,that there isnt very much info here on it,,especially for enquiring minds,, any ways I found some info the bear,, a pretty good read about it as well and mounts ect.

http://www.blackbearheaven.com/monstergrizzlybearalberta.htm

ww2269
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Ive got it 3 times in the last 2 years.....Tumbler Ridge, Saddle Hills, Swan Hills
BS, its obviously a brown bear.