PDA

View Full Version : Huge Mule deer-score anyone ?

ww2269
12-26-2011, 07:14 PM
The mule deer thread has some real gagers on it and I love to see it. I have had this pic for a few years and it may have been on here before but if not i was wondering what the elete mule deer guys think this guy would gross.

Justin.C
12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
The mule deer thread has some real gagers on it and I love to see it. I have had this pic for a few years and it may have been on here before but if not i was wondering what the elete mule deer guys think this guy would gross.
This is the deer from the pen rite???? Hard to tell if the g3 on his left side is a g3 or an abnormal point off the main beam... either ways I would pull the trigger.... I would guess 220"+

sheephunter
12-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Sadly nowhere near what he really is. He's so uneven on his typical frame that he'd get killed on net score. What a great buck though.

ww2269
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
This is the deer from the pen rite???? Hard to tell if the g3 on his left side is a g3 or an abnormal point off the main beam... either ways I would pull the trigger.... I would guess 220"+

Im not sure where this buck was or is from, it was sent to me from? Either way i would come un glued if I seen him.

H380
12-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Sadly nowhere near what he really is. He's so uneven on his typical frame that he'd get killed on net score. What a great buck though.

x2 .. Ithink that G3 on his left comes off at same position on main beam as the G2, making it an abnormal point. Beauty deer tho .

Justin.C
12-26-2011, 07:46 PM

He said gross... Net he will geet killed for sure... If he had a left to match his right.... he would be fantastic.

Justin.C
12-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Im not sure where this buck was or is from, it was sent to me from? Either way i would come un glued if I seen him.
I saw a three pointer that looked like him a few years back... OMG it took everything from shhoting him as I was looking for a deer identical that was a perfect 4 that magically disapeared...:confused:

whitetail Junkie
12-26-2011, 09:05 PM
What a Giant over 200" for sure.

1BUCKWILD1
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
That deer is a cranker!!I think gross he would be right around 215 to 225! but it is hard to tell his left side!

Acesneights
12-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Net scores for dorks unless you have a world record and tj all the things you have to say and you still don't give an estimation of what it will score.He didn't ask for your opinion he asked for a score....215 GROSS. :thinking-006:

Justin.C
12-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Net scores for dorks unless you have a world record and tj all the things you have to say and you still don't give an estimation of what it will score.He didn't ask for your opinion he asked for a score....215 GROSS. :thinking-006:
LOL... Best post of the night.:)

sakogreywolf
12-26-2011, 09:25 PM
WOW! 220ish.

echo
12-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Shoot first score later !!! lol.

Alberta Bigbore
12-26-2011, 09:51 PM
looks like a beast!!

Don K
12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
LOL... Best post of the night.:)

:sHa_shakeshout:
Net scores are for dorks!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

ishootbambi
12-26-2011, 10:23 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:
Net scores are for dorks!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

absolutely! only a doofus would try. ill toss out a 223 gross.....maybe for no other reason than i own one now......:sHa_shakeshout:

Mulestalker
12-26-2011, 10:27 PM
226" GROSS....Beauty

H380
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Ya right , that's why you see so many record books that list "ONLY " gross scores . Guess all us so called "DORKS " will just have to stick with the B&C and P&Y method of scoring .. That is until one of you " GROSS" guys comes out with your own book ..:snapoutofit: The deer in question is a beauty regardless of score , kinda like sheephunter said .

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Ya right , that's why you see so many record books that list "ONLY " gross scores . Guess all us so called "DORKS " will just have to stick with the B&C and P&Y method of scoring .. That is until one of you " GROSS" guys comes out with your own book ..:snapoutofit: The deer in question is a beauty regardless of score , kinda like sheephunter said .

Ya some dork came out with it.It is SCI....

H380
12-27-2011, 06:12 PM

perfect .. lol.

sheephunter
12-27-2011, 06:17 PM
absolutely! only a doofus would try.

Really makes you wonder why any score matters doesn't it if you aren't interested in the record books? After all they are just numbers. I'll stick with great buck or the numbers that are actually used by the people that developed the scoring systems for entering animals in the books if I'm talking score because after all, that's the numbers used by them. It's cute that some guys use other numbers though :)

H380
12-27-2011, 06:33 PM

SCI ,, aren't they the guys that have a pen hunt category as well ? SCI really does have a great idea in giving the animal credit for all it grew , however I think they fall short when they give spread credit.. afterall that's just air , not a true measure of bone , IMO.

BTK
12-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Looks like you've been holdin out on me?

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 06:56 PM
SCI ,, aren't they the guys that have a pen hunt category as well ? SCI really does have a great idea in giving the animal credit for all it grew , however I think they fall short when they give spread credit.. afterall that's just air , not a true measure of bone , IMO.
Yes they have a pen raised cat... I am missing the spread credit as all have that other than horned animal...Just antlered animals...

hunter1993ap
12-27-2011, 07:12 PM
i have a set of sheds similar to that deer right side is identical and the left is a five and he goes 210. the sheds i have i dont think are as big so i guess between 220 and 230.

ishootbambi
12-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Really makes you wonder why any score matters doesn't it if you aren't interested in the record books? After all they are just numbers. :)

ive explained this before. score is a great way to describe to someone what kind of deer you are talking about when it isnt there in front of you. when i tell you i killed a 160 inch 4 point whitetail a couple weeks ago, you dont have to see him to have a good idea of what he looks like.

when i get back to the trailer at the end of the day, gary can tell me he saw a couple of 140 class bucks that didnt interest him and a 170 class buck that he saw from a distance and couldnt get close enough to. i would know what he is talking about.

this is the best example i have...... i could tell you about the 145 inch buck on my wall and you would get a picture in your head. i could tell you i mounted it, and you likely would wonder why. i doubt very much that this is what you would envision.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/pokerbuck.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/P1011422.jpg

or i could tell you that i shot a buck scoring 176.

so i ask you....which number best describes the deer i shot ?

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
ive explained this before. score is a great way to describe to someone what kind of deer you are talking about when it isnt there in front of you. when i tell you i killed a 160 inch 4 point whitetail a couple weeks ago, you dont have to see him to have a good idea of what he looks like.

when i get back to the trailer at the end of the day, gary can tell me he saw a couple of 140 class bucks that didnt interest him and a 170 class buck that he saw from a distance and couldnt get close enough to. i would know what he is talking about.

this is the best example i have...... i could tell you about the 145 inch buck on my wall and you would get a picture in your head. i could tell you i mounted it, and you likely would wonder why. i doubt very much that this is what you would envision.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/pokerbuck.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/P1011422.jpg

or i could tell you that i shot a buck scoring 176.

so i ask you....which number best describes the deer i shot ?

.Ah doesn't that score 240" ??? LMAO... Oh ya that is all the 3 point in the other thread with 3" points.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

ishootbambi
12-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Ah doesn't that score 240" ??? LMAO... Oh ya that is all the 3 point in the other thread with 3" points.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

there certainly are some pretty optimistic numbers tossed out in a few threads here.

NIKON
12-27-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree a score gives some a very good bench mark when looking at a buck..... It also like Ishootsbambi explains gives a person a good idea what you might be talking about..... like a 170 class buck compared to a 140 class...... I don't agree with the net but really like scoring the gross , gives one a better idea of the caliber of buck your talking about...... our fish and game only puts on the net score and I wished they would put on the trophy's a gross score also...... Gives a way better description of the buck that won the award
Nikon

ishootbambi
12-27-2011, 08:05 PM
our fish and game only puts on the net score and I wished they would put on the trophy's a gross score also...... Gives a way better description of the buck that won the award
Nikon

thats how the local club here did it too. it pizzed off a few guys to the point that they wont even bring heads in any more. when i was running things, we began posting both scores on every head and it solved a lot of complaining.

of course there are a few guys that just dont really know how to score that still get cranky when their "170" buck comes in at a more realistic 150.

Acesneights
12-27-2011, 08:12 PM

Just sayin that there are many of old guys who have shot giant animals and none of them would for one enter those animals in any record book which is a shame to me but they dont agree in being in some ****ing contest.Some dog is probably chewing on the antlers right now and if I asked them how big they think that mule is they would say big and a shooter.But I'm sure that ww2269 was asking gross like most people so why did anyone bring up net was all I was getting at.You guys must hate Big Buck cause most of the deer Garry puts in there only have a gross score.One of my whitetails grosses 184 and nets 137 and the net score doesn't do the deer justice so really gross gives you a very good realistic number to go by.Don't insult me with sci.

sheephunter
12-27-2011, 08:21 PM
You guys must hate Big Buck cause most of the deer Garry puts in there only have a gross score..

I don't hate anything :) I just find it amusing that most people utilize a system based on symetry to talk about deer scores and then forget the symetry part. It doesn't matter to me what guys use.....I just find it amusing. I also find it funny that the guys that use the system the way it was designed get mocked.

Acesneights
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Better described as a 184" whitetail or a 137"

H380
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Just sayin that there are many of old guys who have shot giant animals and none of them would for one enter those animals in any record book which is a shame to me but they dont agree in being in some ****ing contest.Some dog is probably chewing on the antlers right now and if I asked them how big they think that mule is they would say big and a shooter.But I'm sure that ww2269 was asking gross like most people so why did anyone bring up net was all I was getting at.You guys must hate Big Buck cause most of the deer Garry puts in there only have a gross score.One of my whitetails grosses 184 and nets 137 and the net score doesn't do the deer justice so really gross gives you a very good realistic number to go by.Don't insult me with sci.

Wasn't intending on throwing out an insult and I hope none was taken .. It's just a matter of how things get compared . A 184gross whitetail is impressive indeed , just like the muley shown and I'd be happy with either . I don't hate Bigbuck magazine because of the gross scores , I hate it cause I'm not sitting behind one of those monsters .. lol .

sheephunter
12-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Better described as a 184" whitetail or a 137"

Under B&C.....137. I'd call it a great buck personally.

Acesneights
12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't hate anything :) I just find it amusing that most people utilize a system based on symetry to talk about deer scores and then forget the symetry part. It doesn't matter to me what guys use.....I just find it amusing. I also find it funny that the guys that use the system the way it was designed get mocked.

I just find it fun to debate and I didnt mean to mock you more or less wondering why you didnt throw in a score.Because he was asking for a gross score it even said what he was looking for in the header so why no guessand still no guess sheephunter.Thats all take care happy new year

sheephunter
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I just find it fun to debate and I didnt mean to mock you more or less wondering why you didnt throw in a score.Because he was asking for a gross score it even said what he was looking for in the header so why no guessand still no guess sheephunter.Thats all take care happy new year

I can't add up all those deductions in my mind ;)

Happy new year to you as well!

NIKON
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I use 155-160 gross as a bench mark for a whitetail rifle kill........ For me a 160 and larger I take notice... lol... A 140 gross or larger whitetail with a bow is a fine specimen....... Don't flame me but that's what i call a good buck, But any buck with a bow is a trophy
Everyone has a different bench mark depending on your hunting area and trophy quality
Nikon

NIKON
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
For mulies I set a bench mark on 175-180 or larger as a good buck with a rifle...... Get a 170 with a bow is a beauty....... A mule in the 200 is quite an accomplishment, been so close.....lol... Of course talking gross

Nikon

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey guys ........MULEDEER SCORE GUESSING THREAD.......

NIKON
12-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey guys ........MULEDEER SCORE GUESSING THREAD.......

Justin

That's callin the kettle black isn't it?...... remember the big mulie thread you started?........:sHa_shakeshout:
Just sayin

Nikon

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Justin

That's callin the kettle black isn't it?...... remember the big mulie thread you started?........:sHa_shakeshout:
Just sayin

NikonHey I responded to a comment that was faulse in my own thread.... Then hell broke loose.. After I posted a picture of a Monster nontypical it became a very quite thread.... who cares about whitetails in a muledeer thread.... just sayin

NIKON
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
3 pages worth of posts........ just sayin

Nikon

ishootbambi
12-27-2011, 09:21 PM
who cares about whitetails in a muledeer thread.... just sayin

sorry.....would 179 and change better describe this.....or 138?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/isb11/013-2.jpg

i stand behind what i said. a gross score describes the animal better then a net score ever could. net only matters if you care about a book somewhere....or maybe a big buck contest. and the only guys who would try to assign a net score while field judging are dorks.

sorry....i might not have made it clear enough..... MEGA DORKS!!!!!!

oh...gotta make it PC, so lol and :sHa_sarcasticlol: and :sHa_shakeshout:

Justin.C
12-27-2011, 09:28 PM
sorry.....would 179 and change better describe this.....or 138?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/isb11/013-2.jpg

i stand behind what i said. a gross score describes the animal better then a net score ever could. net only matters if you care about a book somewhere....or maybe a big buck contest. and the only guys who would try to assign a net score while field judging are dorks.

sorry....i might not have made it clear enough..... MEGA DORKS!!!!!!

oh...gotta make it PC, so lol and :sHa_sarcasticlol: and :sHa_shakeshout:Dale your original post was correct. So was this one I just see all the wts coming in to buddies muledeer thread. That is all. Not knocking anybody. I just figured to keep it on track. But thanks for posting a 240" muledeer here other than that wt that scores the same.

ishootbambi
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
aw c'mon....he is 260 easy....and the op is about 290 using some guys methods.