PDA

View Full Version : Stocked Ponds

brian_edm
12-28-2011, 07:26 AM
I was just wondering about Vegreville Pond. I want to take the kids out and its not that far away. Do people ice fish these ponds? Is it worth while? I have never fished a stocked pond before and have no idea. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

vettedreamer
12-28-2011, 07:41 AM
you bet Brian I've had the kids out there twince had some fun. Mellee worms real and fake maggots, dewworms all work, small green was the color that worked best for us. There is two open water parts where the airators are but everywhere else is 12-14 inches
Have fun

C.Noble
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Been out there twice as well, once with freespiritlabradors. Lots of fun there for us and for the kids as well. The last time we were there a yellow and orange Gentz worm did the trick with meal worms. Good luck

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Go out for sure Best place to take kids. There's millions of perch in there as well, illigally stocked.

Use small tiny lures, like a marmish hook form the fishin hole and maggots. Stay fairly close to shore and pm me if you want more info. I fish it alot.

brian_edm
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
thanks guys. just want a place that is not too far from home to take the kids. Had no idea you could ice fish there!!! Will have to give it a try on the weekend :)

chriscosta
12-28-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't stand to be anywhere near there I used to live in Andrew need I explain

topgun2269
12-28-2011, 03:05 PM
i can't stand to be anywhere near there i used to live in andrew need i explain

did you leave due to the colony having to split up???