PDA

View Full Version : Gun Auction – In memory of Ken Aka Savage

Rockymtnx
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Many of you know the story of our late member Ken Aka Savage. Gunslinger has decided to donate Ken’s Ruger #1 in 300 Win Mag so it can be auctioned off to raise money for cancer research.
You can read more about the Gunslinger’s idea behind this auction here: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=115921

- Funds raised will be donated towards a cancer group in the winning bidders name. The winner will then receive a tax receipt for the donation.
- Bidding begins NOW and closes @ 8:00pm MST on January 2, 2012.

Bids so far:
Steve $1000
Catnthehat $1100
Jamie Black R/T $1500
Mickey $1750
Toe823 $1900
Ken $2000
Nemo $2100

gunslinger
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Awsome and thanks a million for taking the time to set this all up.

Heres a photo of the rifle, shes a buty.

Whoever is the lucky bidder just get ahold of me and we will hook up.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/gunsligner/gun.jpg

beerhunter
12-28-2011, 02:34 PM
This should probably be a sticky in every section?

Should have looked before posting, duh it is a sticky.

Mickey
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I will take the bid to $1750.

bearbait
12-28-2011, 05:24 PM
wow good on you!! i miss ken alot and lost my nice to cancer today at noon..funny i was thinking of ken at that point then to come on here and see this is amazing!!

Guys like ken just dont come along very often..rest in peace my friend!!
rob

honda450
12-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Yup that man sure loved his Jeeps.

gunslinger
12-28-2011, 05:27 PM
wow good on you!! i miss ken alot and lost my nice to cancer today at noon..funny i was thinking of ken at that point then to come on here and see this is amazing!!

Guys like ken just dont come along very often..rest in peace my friend!!
rob

Wow sorry to hear that bearbait and thanks a million for the bid mickey thats awsome.

diamond k
12-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Gun is a little higher than finances will allow right now but I will throw in 100 dollars in addition to final bid to donate. Send me a PM and i will send check:)

ducky_hunter
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I will add $75 to final bid

The Bit Runner.
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Beautiful gun, But i dont need any more, But i would like to donate 250.00$
to this event, Who ever has the info just P.M me and i will get the Wife to get a check in the Mail. Good on you Pat for doing this.We all know someone i am sure that has been lost to cancer.Thx.

Toe823
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I will bid $1900 in Ken's memory...

Ken07AOVette
12-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Cancer took my Mom, my only Sister 2 months later.

$2000 for a great cause.

FallAirFever
12-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I dont have deep enough pockets to bid but I would love to kick in a cheque to add to the final donation amount as well. If someone could post up info on where to send it, that would be great!

Pat good on you for doing this what a great gesture I'm sure ken is smiling down.

I never met Ken but have a good buddy who fought a succesfull battle with cancer close to the same time as Ken and he got to know Ken. From what I hear he was a mans man with great attitude and more fight than a junk yard dog!

Rest in peace Ken

"When I die I want to be burried in my jeep, cause there aint no hole it cant get me out of"
or something like that.

gunslinger
12-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I dont have deep enough pockets to bid but I would love to kick in a cheque to add to the final donation amount as well. If someone could post up info on where to send it, that would be great!

Pat good on you for doing this what a great gesture I'm sure ken is smiling down.

I never met Ken but have a good buddy who fought a succesfull battle with cancer close to the same time as Ken and he got to know Ken. From what I hear he was a mans man with great attitude and more fight than a junk yard dog!

Rest in peace Ken

"When I die I want to be burried in my jeep, cause there aint no hole it cant get me out of"
or something like that.

Yup that was it , That line was a classic of his

prospector
12-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I had the pleasure of getting to know Ken during his amazing battle. I don't think he had any fears, however loved his family and life enough to fight for as much time as he could get. He was a great conversationalist and very inspirational.

I just sent my $200 online donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in memory of Ken.

FallAirFever
12-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I had the pleasure of getting to know Ken during his amazing battle. I don't think he had any fears, however loved his family and life enough to fight for as much time as he could get. He was a great conversationalist and very inspirational.

I just sent my $200 online donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in memory of Ken.

There's "my good buddy" now!!

nemo
12-31-2011, 09:11 PM
I lost my Mom to cancer at 51years young, been 25 years this year. I'll bid $2,100.

I didn't know Ken but he sure had good taste in "Iron".

Ken07AOVette
12-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I lost my Mom to cancer at 51years young, been 25 years this year. I'll bid $2,100.

I didn't know Ken but he sure had good taste in "Iron".

For me, it is like it was yesterday with Mom, I would bet it is the same with you.

My condolences.

nemo
01-01-2012, 12:30 AM
For me, it is like it was yesterday with Mom, I would bet it is the same with you.

My condolences.

Cancer has no boundries, the problem is you watch a loved one in so much pain over any period of time, you begin to feel selfish hanging on.
My Dad was at my Mothers side when she died, he said her last breath was accompanied by a sigh of relief. Knowing that her four years of suffering was over, is the only concellation of the loss.

nemo
01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Just read Cat's story of this gun from the previous thread. First Cat now Gunslinger, seems like we need to nickname the gun " The Charitable, "One""
Oh, I guess I need to redirect my comment on having good taste in iron, but I already knew that about you Cat, I've seen some of your posts.
Regards,
nemo

Ken07AOVette
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Just read Cat's story of this gun from the previous thread. First Cat now Gunslinger, seems like we need to nickname the gun " The Charitable, "One""
Oh, I guess I need to redirect my comment on having good taste in iron, but I already knew that about you Cat, I've seen some of your posts.
Regards,
nemo

Good points. However, if it were a Browning, I would be in the bidding yet. Being that it is just a Ruger, I will let you have it :)

gunslinger
01-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Regards,
nemo

You bet i just found that out myself the other day. What cat did was just as his character is. A great man.

catnthehat
01-01-2012, 04:58 PM
I actually forgot just how nice the stock is on that rifle!:)
Finger on the bid button's getting twichy!!:thinking-006:
Cat

nemo
01-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I actually forgot just how nice the stock is on that rifle!:)
Finger on the bid button's getting twichy!!:thinking-006:
Cat

:fighting0074:

Ken07AOVette
01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
half hour to go, waiting for the view and post count to go up!

I see Cat's little green light is on......

nemo
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Your making me nervous Ken!

Pixel Shooter
01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Auction closed!!

Congratulations to Nemo our lucky winner of this gun auction :sHa_shakeshout:

Post is now removed as a sticky as it is now complete.

catnthehat
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
DANG!! Mt clock must be out, I was going to come in at the last second with a "YuuuUUUPPP"! but I got side tracked ( not hard to do!!):sHa_sarcasticlol:
Oh well, congratulations Nemo!
Cat

nemo
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys. All for a good cause, besides, never recieved a tax receipt for the purchase of a gun before. Now all I have to do is make enough money to use it! LOL!
I purchased a #1 in 338 win just last month, a project gun for the winter / spring. Kinda have this new passion for the falling block single shot, I guess it lies in the simplicity, emphasis on shot placement, and accuracy.
This one has especially nice wood, as Cat pointed out. I'm glad your easily side tracked Cat.
Although I wish the bidding could have kept going, I'm glad it didn't for obvious reasons.
I tip my hat to all those who contributed outside of a bid, you all are true ambassadors of "good will".
Best regards,
Nemo

BrownBear416
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the winning bid Sir...

You now own a great piece of AO history :)

gunslinger
01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats nemo and thank you very much, I will send you a pm, Also cat thanks a million once again, this is actually all becasue of you and everyone should know that.

nemo
01-02-2012, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Also cat thanks a million once again, this is actually all becasue of you and everyone should know that.[/QUOTE]

X2

Jay T
01-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I knew Ken, that is to say we chatted on line and on the phone a couple times. He and I had alot of the same ideas and beliefs. Just before he passed, I sent him a PT shirt form his and mine fine regiments. The PPCLI, although he and I never served together we kind of clicked when we started talking. He had a great spirit and I know that everytime I step in the woods he is there with me. You guys are doing a great thing here and I am sure he is looking down on what your doing with approval!!

And yes his favourite saying was" When I die bury me in my Jeep, cause I ain't found a hole it can't get me out of"

I miss ya ya crusty old bugger!!

Toe823
01-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Huge Congrats going out to you Nemo. It is great to see you step up and make a bid on this cause.
Huge Thanks you also to Slinger, and Cat for the selfless donation and history of Ken's gun.
Although i never personally knew Ken, it was always great to follow his posts, and now knowing the legacy he left. This was a great cause, and i just wanted to say thanks to all involved!!!!
Toe

FallAirFever
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Congrats Nemo,

Very nice rifle with a cool history.

Pat thank-you again for doing this.

I just made an on-line donation the Canadian Cancer society, hopefully a few others on here consider doing it as well.

Here is a link: http://www.kintera.org/site/c.khLTJ9PIKoG/b.5351879/k.BFCE/Home.htm

hope it works!

Jamie Black R/T
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Very cool guys.

Its really nice to see Ken is not forgoten and never will be forgoten with the AO family.

Congrats Nemo....thats a beauty of a gun and I bet Ken is enjoying the fact it may just go hunting soon

Slinger & Cat....thanks guys...and good for you.

coldredneck
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Free Bump to a great cause