PDA

View Full Version : Super Dave's 17" Miller Lake Rainbow

Bobby B.
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Dave probably won't want me to call him Super Dave but since he's caught 23 rainbow to my measley 4, he deserves the name. Anyway, Dave's my SIL and ice fishing partner.

Yesterday, he caught this egg filled rainbow at Miller's.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx243/BobbyBoychuk/IMG_1368.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx243/BobbyBoychuk/IMG_1367.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx243/BobbyBoychuk/IMG_1369.jpg

Bobby B.

sapper3
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Very nice..

chriscosta
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
What does sil mean

madatter
12-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Son in law.....

npauls
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
That is one healthy looking bow.

Jiffy10
12-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Well done Colonel !!!!

take the rest of the day off...

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Great looking fish Bobby.

Your going to have to come join our gang some day for a day on the ice if you like perch

Bobby B.
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Great looking fish Bobby.

Your going to have to come join our gang some day for a day on the ice if you like perch

That would be fun. Dave and I started ice fishing only this winter and are game for about anything. Thanks for the invite.

Dave is checking out stocked lakes in the Edmonton area and we're planning on hitting the ice again on Sunday (can't miss the big fight Saturday night between Brock and Overeem). If you're interested in joining us, I'll let you know where we're headed. We might be at Dolberg.

Bobby B.

npauls
12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I think the big fight is Friday night. At least that is what I seen today on a commercial for it.

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
I would love to come join you but I can't get out for a few weeks yet. I had ACL replacement surgery on the 19th and am recovering from it still. I am getting better everyday so I feel good but don't want to risk being on ice just yet.

I have fished Vegreville alot and there are some tips on here for that pond. Full of perch and trout. If you want to catch well over 100 fish go there. If you can't find my post for a google mao link pm me and i'll send it to you.

concretefisher
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
yessir fights are friday

Bobby B.
12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I think the big fight is Friday night. At least that is what I seen today on a commercial for it.

Yes, the fight is Friday night. The wife changed the date on my white board in the mistaken belief that every UFC fight is on a Saturday. Sorry for the confusion. I'll now have to clear this up with Super Dave. He was thinking about fishing on Sunday and now it could be either Saturday or Sunday. Nonetheless, I'll let him decide as he's still working for a living and I'm only working March to October. I gotta leave for 3 weeks in Maui soon. Still, Friday should be a good night of fights. In my heart, Brock is the man but logic argues Overeem will dominate the fight with strikes. Still, you never know.

Bobby B.

Bobby B.
12-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I would love to come join you but I can't get out for a few weeks yet. I had ACL replacement surgery on the 19th and am recovering from it still. I am getting better everyday so I feel good but don't want to risk being on ice just yet.

I have fished Vegreville alot and there are some tips on here for that pond. Full of perch and trout. If you want to catch well over 100 fish go there. If you can't find my post for a google mao link pm me and i'll send it to you.

Thanks for your generous offer. Super Dave is the Fish Catching Machine so I gotta go with his instincts.

If you want, we'll pull you out onto the ice on a tobaggon, set you up and then help you with your catch. Never say die. I have a 4 man tent, a Big Buddy Heater and just the right amount of antifreeze to keep you in the game.

Bobby B.

BGSH
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Beauty, guess there still is some big ones out there, did you catch and brook trout?

whitetail Junkie
12-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Thats a mega fatty trout! Awesome catch! Congrats guys!

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your generous offer. Super Dave is the Fish Catching Machine so I gotta go with his instincts.

If you want, we'll pull you out onto the ice on a tobaggon, set you up and then help you with your catch. Never say die. I have a 4 man tent, a Big Buddy Heater and just the right amount of antifreeze to keep you in the game.

Bobby B.

Wonderful offer, many people have offered but I keep turning them down. I don't want to get out too soon and tweek it and set myself back. I see the doc on tuesday and hopefully will get the go ahead to drive. It's my right knee.

Once I can drive I'll plan a big get together with about 15 members and we'll all go catch some mega perch. All I need to do is get some ice spikes and then I'll have a lower risk of slipping.

Maybe I'll have to go out with you and leave super Dave at home and learn you a few tricks to apply to outings with Daveyboy.:sHa_shakeshout:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Thats a damn good lookin Rainbow . Full of eggs outta Millers , Bet ya all them eggs are sterile . All though them stocked trout still have in them I believe , all though they are there just dont work . At least that's to the best of my knowledge .

For your first season starting back your doing well .

Daceminnow
12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
nice boys. see, a bigger fish. use anything i suggested by chance?

Dace

Bobby B.
12-29-2011, 09:11 AM
nice boys. see, a bigger fish. use anything i suggested by chance?

Dace

SD started off with maggots and had zero bites. After 1/2 an hour, he switched to worms a caught his first within 5 minutes. He caught his second about 15 minutes later. He caught the 17" as he was lowering his hook back down the hole after unhooking his second trout. SD caught his 4th about 1/2 after the 17".

I started out with a silvery minnow and had zero bites. I switched to worms after SD caught his first trout.

SD and I used the same hook, same line, same, reel, same, line, same small lead sinkers, same worms, same depth, same, same, same, same. The only thing different was he caught fish and I didn't.

Bobby B.