PDA

View Full Version : Under handed Comments

sapper3
12-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I don’t know what is wrong with this forum lately but seems people on this forum are starting to be quick to post underhand comments. Like use search, What do you want us to catch them for you etc. I thought this site was for persons who love the sport to assist each other. For the amount of time it takes to post an underhanded comment you could just answer the members question. Something to think about!
Thanks

BeeGuy
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
A lot of questions lately from people asking questions which have been asked over and over and over.

So yes, use the search function there is a wealth of info here.

If it seems you're just looking for handouts or are lazy don't expect to get something for nothing.

Keep in mind that 90% of the membership here are lurkers who never post.

If you post "what should I use at pcr???", the answer is use the search function. It's not because I'm mean, but because you are getting 10 guys to write what's been said a million times because you won't browse 10 older threads.

Oh, by the way, how's the ice at pigeon?

Mickey
12-28-2011, 02:12 PM
It seems to happen alot when the crowd at a forum gets stagnant.

People get bitchy about the same things being asked and then jump on everyone about the little things.

That and it is oh so easy to hide behind a keyboard.

Redfrog
12-28-2011, 02:12 PM
A lot of questions lately from people asking questions which have been asked over and over and over.

So yes, use the search function there is a wealth of info here.

If it seems you're just looking for handouts or are lazy don't expect to get something for nothing.

Keep in mind that 90% of the membership here are lurkers who never post.

If you post "what should I use at pcr???", the answer is use the search function. It's not because I'm mean, but because you are getting 10 guys to write what's been said a million times because you won't browse 10 older threads.

Oh, by the way, how's the ice at pigeon?

Or you could ignore the post and move on to something more important. No rule says you have to answer at all.

SNAPFisher
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I don’t know what is wrong with this forum lately but seems people on this forum are starting to be quick to post underhand comments. Like use search, What do you want us to catch them for you etc. I thought this site was for persons who love the sport to assist each other. For the amount of time it takes to post an underhanded comment you could just answer the members question. Something to think about!
Thanks

Thanks for adding to the whining and making your own point.

Beeguy, ice is solid at Pigeon now. Was out a Johnsonia and around the area. Ice was 13 inches and up to 15 in some spots. Lots of vehicles out on the ice at Johnsonia. Half ton blew by our tent today and ice didn't even move....hardly. Cheers!

sapper3
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
You Are Welcome Snapfisher. Any time.

BeeGuy
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Or you could ignore the post and move on to something more important. No rule says you have to answer at all.

Suggesting a newbie to use the search function is much more useful for the poster and everyone else than answering their question. More than likely it answers their first 100 questions.

BeeGuy
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
It seems to happen alot when the crowd at a forum gets stagnant.

People get bitchy about the same things being asked and then jump on everyone about the little things.

That and it is oh so easy to hide behind a keyboard.

This is so true!

Donkey Oatey
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the internet. Must be your first day.

Goater
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
So SNAPFisher
Of the two lakes you went to which one did you catch more fish at?
what time is best to fish?
what parts of the lake were you at?
how deep were you fishing?
what kind of fish?
how long to catch your limit?
what type of bait did you use?
any pictures?
:party0052::wave:

SNAPFisher
12-28-2011, 03:14 PM
So SNAPFisher
Of the two lakes you went to which one did you catch more fish at?
what time is best to fish?
what parts of the lake were you at?
how deep were you fishing?
what kind of fish?
how long to catch your limit?
what type of bait did you use?
any pictures?
:party0052::wave:

Oh, there is this search function you can use on this forum. Very handy. I already posted it all :sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks for the laugh Goater!

Sorry sapper, but honestly, I cannot stand whiners. I.e. - "You were mean to me...". "You didn't tell me all I need to know...". "Gimme gimme gimme gimme...". Good lord, enough already. Go fishing and enjoy yourself and spend less time posting about tough times on a forum. While your at it, grow some thicker skin too. You might find that once your enjoying yourself that the other "stuff" just seems to fade away and no longer matters. Good luck out there!

Goater
12-28-2011, 03:24 PM
...:happy0034: I'm glad you got my jest!

77mse77
12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
This is posted in the wrong area. What does this have to do with fishing?

Kidding.

All types of personalities on here. Some are cool, some grow nuts the size of beach balls behind a keyboard. Take the info you need, and ignore whatever static comes out of it. The posters which need to push a point of superiority on an online forum can sometimes use a lesson in humility, yes. But what does it really mean to be the leading authority on the politics/use on the AO forum? The moderators will correct what needs correcting, the rest of the background noise doesn't really matter, and largely can be attributed to the fact that someone has an overstated sense of self worth.
My opinion is with that of everyone else's on here, and my opinion is completely irreverent.

Cheers,

M

77mse77
12-28-2011, 05:56 PM
This is posted in the wrong area. What does this have to do with fishing?

Kidding.

All types of personalities on here. Some are cool, some grow nuts the size of beach balls behind a keyboard. Take the info you need, and ignore whatever static comes out of it. The posters which need to push a point of superiority on an online forum can sometimes use a lesson in humility, yes. But what does it really mean to be the leading authority on the politics/use on the AO forum? The moderators will correct what needs correcting, the rest of the background noise doesn't really matter, and largely can be attributed to the fact that someone has an overstated sense of self worth.
My opinion equal with that of everyone else's on here, and my opinion is completely irreverent.

Cheers,

M