PDA

View Full Version : Who's fishing Coal?

bloopbloob
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't get it, had good success ice fishing last year at coal, been out twice now this year, without a bite or seeing a fish, dozens of holes, probably 10 different areas of the lake. Yesterday I only tried two spots, south end, one seemed PERFECT! I found the edge of a weedbed, with weeds still standing, fished it for 4 hours. No weeds around this spot when i drilled holes 20 feet away. Not a bite, could see to the bottom, never saw a fish. 8-9FOW. What am I missing here! Smelts on a dead line, tried jigging rattlin raps, flashy spoons, jigs, marabou's on the other... nothing! Anyone having any luck out there? Saw prob 20 vehicles on the ice! One of you must have been a member! HELP!

livetoflyfish
12-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I was wondering the same. Last year we found coal to be some of the best jack fishing we;ve had. Caught a ton of jacks. This year we ve been out on three different occacisions and have only see a couple of jacks. Fishing the south end where we marked a ton of fish last year, is dead this year. We covered a ton of water this year and have had no luckl On Thursday we covered more than 5km and drilled 40+ holes. I cant make sense of it. Going to move on until I hear different.