PDA

View Full Version : I am a lurker.

lovefishin
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
uh oh... so I am one of those lukers everyone hates. Today I was fishing sibald and all I could think about was this forum. I have learned so much and for that I say thank you to everyone.

Today me and the daughter hit the ice at sibald because I knew it was plenty thick and we are girly fishers..lol So we are there proably 3 hours and some dude come up and drill a hole about 15 feet away from us and drop in there camera. Well the one guy says oh the fish are over there and he points right at us, so they move about 6 feet away and drill a few holes and set up camp. For this I also want to say thank you. That was awesome. I know the pond is small but come on! ok

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum.:sSig_welcome2:

I can't stand when people do that. Did you and the girls do well even though you had someone park on top of you?

We had something similar a week and a half ago. We were fishing on 12" of ice and someguy comes and parks his truck about 15' away from us. The ice cracked bewteen our feet as we were standing out on the ice talking.

Some people need a reality check sometimes.:snapoutofit:

Hope you had a great day fishing

lovich12
12-28-2011, 06:35 PM
:sSig_welcome2:

I had the same problem today as well. Don't quite understand it myself, but i guess to some people it doesn't bother them :angry3:

lovefishin
12-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Well thank you, We did have a good day. We didn't catch a thing but it was better than sitting in the city. We are pretty new to the whole ice fishing thing but the daughter prefers it. So we are still learning the ropes and trying out all our new techniques. We will hopefully find something that works soon.

bunnyhunter
12-28-2011, 07:59 PM
had that happen too, when I was out fishing with my kid...the whole freakin lake is empty, but they decided to drive up right next to us and start augering many holes... If they'd been friendly, it wouldnt have been so bad. but these guys wouldnt wave or say hello. from 50 feet away. it happens. ( mind you we caught fish , they didnt)

thankfully theres are some better folk out there, good on you for teaching your kids the joys of fishing.

better days and better people do happen! keep on it:)

Willowtrail
12-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure where Chain Lakes is from Calgary but there's lots of members that go there and have great luck. Stocked Rainbow Trout lake

Someone will post some info on it or search and find it. It was fairly recent

Sundancefisher
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM
It never fails...ice or open water...new arrivals get attracted to any fisherman present like flies to cow dung. Lol

People must think the first people to the lake attracted all the fish or that they know a big secret.

Or maybe it is cause people are social beasts...

Or if you fall through the ice better to have more people around to help

bobalong
12-28-2011, 10:39 PM
It never fails...ice or open water...new arrivals get attracted to any fisherman present like flies to cow dung. Lol

People must think the first people to the lake attracted all the fish or that they know a big secret.

Or maybe it is cause people are social beasts...

Or if you fall through the ice better to have more people around to help

It is usually the same old reason........they are lazy. And when you ask why they have to park so close, they always reply with the biggest loser line of all time from an angler, which is........ "do you think you own the lake".

Pickrel_jigger
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Had a lurker on the lake last week on lake just south of Calgary. This guy walks around to everyone fishing and asks how the fishing is going. He stops and asks my buddy and I and finds out that we have been doing ok. I just tell him we had a few bites and caught a few fish not the exact number, he then proceeds to tell us tha we have had the best luck so far so he runs back to his car grabs his gear and comes and plants himself near us. Cant get his auger to drill a hole because the blades are on upside down so he asks us if we can drill one for him (I did reluctantly). I guess its an excellent way to find the fish, but I like doing it on my own and knowing I can do it on my own and not have to ride on other peoples coat tails. he also tells us how good he is at fishing!! I guess you are when you just encroach on other peoples hot spots!!!