PDA

View Full Version : Cadomin Mulies

steve
12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Wondering how are the mulies doing around cadomin this year. What did you guys see for size and numbers?

buckbrushoutdoors
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
On opening morning we seen one 4x4 and a few does

NBFK
12-28-2011, 08:10 PM
That would be a cool archery hunt for sure. I'd probably lose all composure and shoot a fork horn I'd have to back pack out.

jrs
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Very very poor. Friend of mine drew a tag, found him a few very young bucks but even the mine deer were looking pretty sad this year. Last winter really took its toll on mature game animals. As for an archery hunt area, id say your chances of a grizzly encounter are pretty high but there's definetly a few above tree line where youre not too likely to step on a bear. Bolder every year, all that needs to be said.. mule deer though, in my opinion, a waste of draw priority, needs a few years to bounce back.

ishootbambi
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
.. mule deer though, in my opinion, a waste of draw priority, needs a few years to bounce back.

youcould say that in nearly every zone. sadly, im not convinced it will be better in a few years. the current management plan really sucks!

Speckle55
12-29-2011, 12:52 AM
There was a few nice bucks taken in the Cadomin area some n 437 and some in 438 but as any where the are far and few. saw some reasonable bucks but none huge and the Elk there are not that big either only in the 330 .. heard only one in the Hinton area that went in the 194 green rumor(mulie) and not sure if N/T .. a friend got a 160 class in 438.. i got a skinny horned mulie in 2010 pic,s on my page from 438 .. but i did see a 180 plus earlier in archery season 2010 east of Cadomin.. lots of predators building up around the minesites as there are 1700 ungulates in 10 sq miles on old mine sites as of 2011 ..that puts nature out of balance but who cares?

gunslinger
12-29-2011, 08:38 AM
There was a few nice bucks taken in the Cadomin area some n 437 and some in 438 but as any where the are far and few. saw some reasonable bucks but none huge and the Elk there are not that big either only in the 330 .. heard only one in the Hinton area that went in the 194 green rumor(mulie) and not sure if N/T .. a friend got a 160 class in 438.. i got a skinny horned mulie in 2010 pic,s on my page from 438 .. but i did see a 180 plus earlier in archery season 2010 east of Cadomin.. lots of predators building up around the minesites as there are 1700 ungulates in 10 sq miles on old mine sites as of 2011 ..that puts nature out of balance but who cares?

Sure wish i could of put my hands on this guy, Caught him day in and day out chasing sheep on the hot rocks. Hes a dandy.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/gunsligner/bigmuleyincadomins.jpg

pottymouth
12-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Sure wish i could of put my hands on this guy, Caught him day in and day out chasing sheep on the hot rocks. Hes a dandy.

Wow what a tank. Look the mass on him! How many years ago was that pic taken Pat? Got anymore of him?

Rockymtnx
12-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Rumor has it he was harvested later that year.

Rigby
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Was he ever out of the mine where one could legally harvest him or was he always in the safety of the mine boundaries?

gunslinger
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
When we seen him he was alwasy on the mine. I think matt went back after him and never seen him so you might be right, he might of got whacked.
Man he was a buty.

bucksman
12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
pics not working for me?

dirty barrel
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Could this be the same buck? fall of 07
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/dirtybarrel/P1030156.jpg

209x50
12-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Was he ever out of the mine where one could legally harvest him or was he always in the safety of the mine boundaries?
We saw him off the mine 4 times in 08 the year the picture was taken.

gunslinger
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
We saw him off the mine 4 times in 08 the year the picture was taken.

Man i wish you had a tag for him eh, jees he was awsome

medicmoose
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
yeah I drew a tag for the beast in 09 never did see him after busting my hump. F/W later told me he was legaly harvested by a young hunter and his father but was nothing of what he was in 08 and 07. Here are my pics of "stickers" and the buck I harvested out there on a solo.

Matt

Rather Be Hunting
12-29-2011, 02:00 PM
yeah I drew a tag for the beast in 09 never did see him after busting my hump. F/W later told me he was legaly harvested by a young hunter and his father but was nothing of what he was in 08 and 07. Here are my pics of "stickers" and the buck I harvested out there on a solo.

Matt

Well done!:)
RBH

hunter1993ap
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Could this be the same buck? fall of 07
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/dirtybarrel/P1030156.jpg

i cant see any resemblance. the first one looks way bigger. but i just took a closer look and it looks kinda familiar?

medicmoose
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
i cant see any resemblance. the first one looks way bigger. but i just took a closer look and it looks kinda familiar?

Same buck his trade mark is that rag dolled R ear!

Matt

Running Bear
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
My wife took these pictures of him in early september 2007
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/lviravec/muledeer006.jpg
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/lviravec/muledeer005.jpg
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/lviravec/muledeer003.jpg
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/lviravec/muledeer004.jpg
And a sheep the same day
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/lviravec/sheep001.jpg

gunslinger
12-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh my god luke that is so sick.

bucksman
12-30-2011, 12:02 AM
well after numerous pics i decided to post this pic, its my buddies pic, him and his dad were up there, not even sure if he will get mad at me for posting this but i cropped his face out because hes one of those guys that doesnt like bragging about trophies, weird because i would have plastered this buck all over the internet, im just that kind of guy, hopefully he spread his genes around for the people that hunt in cadomin....

steve
12-30-2011, 12:04 AM
well after numerous pics i decided to post this pic, its my buddies pic, him and his dad were up there, not even sure if he will get mad at me for posting this but i cropped his face out because hes one of those guys that doesnt like bragging about trophies, weird because i would have plastered this buck all over the internet, im just that kind of guy, hopefully he spread his genes around for the people that hunt in cadomin....

Nice! shows you cant trust rumours.

What did he score any side views?

BrownBear416
12-30-2011, 12:06 AM

Beauty

bucksman
12-30-2011, 12:09 AM
That's the only pic that I have, I'm sure he has more, his dad tried to get it on video but it's hard to keep up with a kid that has a case of buck fever haha i seen that beast in person and couldnt think of a better person to shoot it(besides me) couldn't wipe the smile off that kids face

bucksman
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Not sure on score but it's awesome looking at all the pics through the years and you kind of second guess if it's the same deer but that ear is a sure giveaway every time....

gunslinger
12-30-2011, 06:21 AM
That's the only pic that I have, I'm sure he has more, his dad tried to get it on video but it's hard to keep up with a kid that has a case of buck fever haha i seen that beast in person and couldnt think of a better person to shoot it(besides me) couldn't wipe the smile off that kids face

That is wicked, good on him and his dad, he is a true beast.

medicmoose
12-30-2011, 07:13 AM

Well Im glad it went to another deserving hunter. Still when i left the mine for 2 days and came back and some sheep hunters told me he was shot my heart sunk. Looks like the old bugger was close to sky lined on the hot rocks like we had seen him so many times before. They sure are big bodied deer. Congrats to the hunter.

Matt

209x50
12-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Yep the ear does give it away for sure. I have some 2006 footage of the buck and his general frame is there but much smaller. It just goes to show how fast a buck peaks and starts to slide. 07 and 08 were sure his years.

Marko
12-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Right before the sheep opener in '10, me and my dad spotted a real bruiser near cadomin. Seen it at approx 600-700 yrds! And you could see he was a real trophy! When was this other guy taken?

medicmoose
12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
This guy would have been shot around the 7th of November 2009. hahahha sooo close :budo:

Marko
12-30-2011, 07:55 AM
This guy would have been shot around the 7th of November 2009. hahahha sooo close :budo:

Good to know! Maybe that big bruiser is still out there! And let me tell you, he was worth going looking for!

bucksman
12-30-2011, 08:03 AM
yeah it was '09

Speckle55
01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
NT in Cadomin Area

The genetics has been there for awhile i saw his grandfather in 1994 with my boys on the Warden Creek at a ground blind .he was the biggest NT i have seen and was well over 200 and had stickers all over. I saw at 1 1/2 miles in spotting scope and my heart leaped into my throat as a yell in the car boys we have to GO NOW .. big mulie buck Lets Go Now in the car. as i scurred to get all my stuff in the car and 3 boys ages 8,6, and 3 as i drove to get closer i saw that he seperated from the 4 point and a 1 point and doe and was heading in so i stopped and look at him again .. all my mind could say was WOW what a buck .. slow down buddy slow down stay there staythere .. i drove another 200 yards and bailed out put my three year old on shoulders as we hustled up a old logging road to get to the top old cut . as we came out to cut we snuck allong a small ridge to get even with the 2 bucks and doe and then came out even with them at 125 yards as i looked around the boys were watching the 4 point . i was scouring the left to the trees ,then the bino,s came up i tryed to look into the trees to catch a glimse of the NT , was not to happen . my middle boy want me to take the 4 x4 but i counted a coupe and left him to grow. i have heard of some of my buddys saying that there was a big NT showing up on mine site every once and a while over the last 10 or so years and even in the Tri-creeks area he showed up when they did those last cuts by Cadomin road one buddy saw him there when forwarding wood so there has been some Good NT Genetics here but only every once in awhile does he show up or present the shot. grats on getting one in 2009 they are like the Big Sheep ghosts

just another story
but thats why is called hunting
David:)

here is a pic of boys
and my oldest boys biggest mulie from 438 and my small one :-{ ha ha