PDA

View Full Version : Fishing today

calgarygringo
12-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Well we still managed to get out in the hurricane today without getting blown away. Did a change of plans this morning from CVR and went to my secret lake x y z and top secret spot ......out of most of the wind.
Several of us out there and walleye were caught as well a hammer handle pike and a burb. Jeff was the star of the day with the biggest wally for the frying pan and I think Wayne probably caught the most walleye with his magic walleye candy bait. Good time today and was nice to get out with the AO bunch even though between last night and the drive out was with crossed fingers with the wind. My little corner did us well as we all spent a good part of the day fishing outside of our tents in the sun.
Friday we go for moby dick................

WayneChristie
12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
It was good to see you guys again, even if most of the fish were baitsize, still a good day on the ice. Still a little in shock that Jeff actually caught more than one fish, and a big one at that :confused0068: I guess if you put in that many hours your luck is bound to turn sometime, even sandalius caught a bunch yesterday! who caught the burb, was it a decent size or a match for the eyes?

calgarygringo
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Jeff's partner caught the burb as Dale and I were packing up. It was not a monster but decent size. Those 2 fish should make a nice meal for those guys.

jts1
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Hell ya. :sHa_shakeshout:
Got the first and the biggest today. It's about time.... Was the perfect spot we would have got blown off the ice any other place. Going to remember that location. It was good to see all you guys again. I am in for Friday

Kingfisher
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
You only think you caught the biggest Jeff. I actually caught one larger than Jeffs. But I just pointed it back down the hole and let it get bigger. No I didn't bother getting a hero pick. I just wanted the fish to get on it's way. At least Ken saw it before I released it. Funny thing I was watching a line for Jeff's buddy when it started to move slightly. Then set the hook and fish on. The funny part was that I hadn't even had a line in the water at that point. We had about 5 fish in the first half an hour. I thought it would be fast and furious action all day. But that was not to be. The bite died off quickly and the bites from there on were few and far between. (Except for Wayne).

Thanks again Jeff for the chili. Good thing we didn't have the smokies that I brought. When I got home I saw that the buns that I bought the day prior were moldy. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Great day was had by all. Good to see you all out there. Inspite of the wind we all had a pretty good day. I was glad my son and his buddy decided to drop by and try their luck. It is always good to have your son join you for a day of fishing.

Cheers,
Rob

jts1
12-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Do we comment on "things you don't want to hear from one of the guys ice fishing"

And what fish do you speak of? :scared0018:

Kingfisher
12-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey I can't help it you were slow on the draw with the camera. I was just doing the right thing and putting the fish back down the hole.

HAHAHAHA Ya I got to admit. You finally got a very nice fish today. Congrats buddy. Maybe just maybe it was bigger than mine. :sHa_shakeshout: Maybe.

Rob

WayneChristie
12-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Ya I saw Robs fish through my window, pretty sure it had yours beat by about a millimeter Jeff . Sure pays to use the natural forage fish for the lake you are fishing, if they werent biting so light I would have iced maybe 10 more, but thats the fun of it . finally put on a stinger hook, and the first fish that bit, bit it right off.:sign0161: