PDA

View Full Version : Cougar

Fishgut
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Talking to the County Peace Officer the other day, said there is one in the area and if I see it to shoot it. I said we are in a bow zone, he said doesn't matter just shoot it. Does this sound legal to you hunters out there. Are the skins worth anything, is anyone interested in hunting or trapping :character0110:this animal.

steve
12-28-2011, 09:45 PM
:lol: a dog catching bylaw officer doesnt have any authority to tell you that.

IR_mike
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
:lol: a dog catching bylaw officer doesnt have any authority to tell you that.

Tell the county mounty to man up and get it himself with dog catching equipment of course to keep it legal.

twytter
12-28-2011, 09:49 PM
no but maybe he wants him to shoot the cougar so the bylaw officer can charge him,there some bad one out there be carefull

Fishgut
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM
no but maybe he wants him to shoot the cougar so the bylaw officer can charge him,there some bad one out there be careful

He went to school with my daughter and was visiting her when I talked to him, known him since grade one. He carries a gun and said he would shoot it if he sees it. Being a farmer am I not allowed to protect my animals. What about trappers no one interested.

gunslinger
12-28-2011, 10:11 PM
correct me if im wrong but i do think you are allowed to shoot a cougar if hes eating or damaging your livestock.... And i dont think they take them away from you either anymore. I might be mistaken but i think i heard that

IR_mike
12-28-2011, 10:13 PM
He went to school with my daughter and was visiting her when I talked to him, known him since grade one. He carries a gun and said he would shoot it if he sees it. Being a farmer am I not allowed to protect my animals. What about trappers no one interested.

If the cat is on your property (not SURE how being in the bowzone affects this) you are good to go year round.

Shoot it, stuff it and leave it in the porch to startle visitors.

IR_mike
12-28-2011, 10:15 PM
correct me if im wrong but i do think you are allowed to shoot a cougar if hes eating or damaging your livestock.... And i dont think they take them away from you either anymore. I might be mistaken but i think i heard that

F and W wants you to donate a tooth for research purposes on your way to the taxidermist.

It does not even have to be a threat to livestock gunslinger just on private property.

Oldhound
12-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Check your regs book. It says in alberta you can shoot a cougar on private land with no tag anytime of the year. BUT it still has to be registered with fish and wildlife next day. Shoot away!!!

clarki
12-29-2011, 09:37 AM
a buddy of mine lives in 242, across the train tracks from the bow zone. he and his neighbours have seen a big cat recently. he called F&W and was told he could shoot it if he saw it and could also keep it if he did! on his way home from work he saw it coming out of his neighbours driveway twice one week as well his other neighbour watched it go in and out of his open garage from his kitchen window! my buddy has 2 small boys so he is quite concerned!

M

outdoors forever
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
a buddy of mine lives in 242, across the train tracks from the bow zone. he and his neighbours have seen a big cat recently. he called F&W and was told he could shoot it if he saw it and could also keep it if he did! on his way home from work he saw it coming out of his neighbours driveway twice one week as well his other neighbour watched it go in and out of his open garage from his kitchen window! my buddy has 2 small boys so he is quite concerned!

M

Open fire!!! :character0110: