PDA

View Full Version : New auger ready to go.

silverdoctor
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Got the 33CC eskimo at the last minute from the fishing hole on boxing day and finally had the chance to unbox it and fire it up tonite. Nice little rig tho i've never owned one, shouldn't have any problems popping some holes.

I've plugged 100 hours since Friday past, i'm tired, having a shot (or 5) of crown royal and prepping to get one some ice tomorrow at chesterslough. Taking the neighbors 7 year old with me, looking forward to some fun.

Time to relax! Then get back to long hours.

HunterDave
12-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I picked up an Eskimo Shark at The Fishin Hole on Boxing day. Today was the first time using it and it fired right up! :)

silverdoctor
12-28-2011, 11:58 PM
That's what I want to hear. Took 4 pulls to get it going tonite but that was out of the box, not surprising. Purred like a kitten once it was running.

Got mine for $239.00, was in crappy tire tonight and they were selling for $399. Crappy tire has gone nuts on their pricing.

HunterDave
12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Got mine for $239.00, was in crappy tire tonight and they were selling for $399. Crappy tire has gone nuts on their pricing.

That's a great deal! Cabelas had them for $250 I think it was on Boxing Day. The Shark that I got at TFH was regular price minus 10%, so about $320ish + gst?

Willowtrail
12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
HunterDave - How was the auger, forgot to ask? Cut like a dream? I got the same one, Shark Z51 8", love it

HunterDave
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
HunterDave - How was the auger, forgot to ask? Cut like a dream? I got the same one, Shark Z51 8", love it

Allot better than doing it by hand like I've always done. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Yes, it was really nice to use. It cut through so easily and I hardly had to hold it tight. I thought that there might be a little effort to keep the top from spinning but there was hardly any effort required. It's pretty quiet compared some of the other augers that were out there today too. Yeah, I'm really happy with it. :)

andreis45
12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
You should make a little extra cash by drilling holes for 5 bux a set hehe.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
If my Jiffy ever kicks the bucket Ill be getting one of them new Eskimo Augers . Damn they cut threw ice like a hot knife . Not to mention I like the biig grip for the pull start , sure beats freezing your hands off to drill holes .

Thank god and mother nature its not -30 out . That will happen soon enough .

silverdoctor
12-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, went to chestermere this morning with the neighbors kid, fired up the auger with a couple of pulls and ate through the ice like a hot knife through butter.

I didn't catch any fish but we wound up fishing with another family that was out there, great time. They caught a couple, was priceless. The kids had fun, that's what it's all about.

stinkynuts
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I just bought the z51 10" at the fishing hole starts like a dream runs great and cuts a 10" hole like nothing and the price was right 379 . a jiffy or strike master would have been in the 500 mark not worth the mony in my mind

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I just bought the z51 10" at the fishing hole starts like a dream runs great and cuts a 10" hole like nothing and the price was right 379 . a jiffy or strike master would have been in the 500 mark not worth the mony in my mind

shop hard ,found my jiffy 3yrs old at a pawn shop in calgery 270$ with a maint receipt for 70$! have found all new augers to have issues plastic parts break,small eskimo gear box break seen 2, new jiffy gas tank break . cheep china crap. me and friend both have old models his is the eskimo mine old jiffy 30 I cut a little faster gets on song easyer his is 10"so does not quite rev out the same get old models beg borrow! no comparison between old made in usa and new made in china