PDA

View Full Version : Buck Jumps Off 25 Ft. Bridge, This is nuts!

AllTheAbove
12-29-2011, 05:31 AM
This is from just a few days ago and most haven't seen it. Wow @ this crazed buck with nothing stopping him obviously. Any thoughts on what the buck was up too? :huh:

http://huntervids.com/?videos=whitetail-buck-jumps-off-25-ft-bridge-december-2011

AMisler
12-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Im going to say he was going to cross the bridge until he spotted the guy in the truck with the camera, then took the holy crap route. Wish I was hunting whitetail where this video was taken

lone wolf
12-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Incredible footage !!

thunderheart
12-29-2011, 05:56 AM
:thinking-006:
very bizarre behavior for sure

sakogreywolf
12-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Im going to say he was going to cross the bridge until he spotted the guy in the truck with the camera, then took the holy crap route. Wish I was hunting whitetail where this video was taken

X2

Jimboy
12-29-2011, 09:37 AM
My guess considering how close he was to the buck with his truck , he was chasing it to get a close up , looks like wildlife harassment to me , if the buck wasnt chased he wouldnt have jumped , he would have stayed on the bridge, and crossed safely.

pseelk
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
A few years ago a cow moose jumped of the bridge on gaetz ave in Red Deer,died in the river below.Probably panicked from the trafic,either that or it was a successful suicide attempt.

JohnS
12-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Wow! thats some crazy footage. Nice WT bucks. guess you'd call that bridge kill instead of road kill ....

jaylow?
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
My guess considering how close he was to the buck with his truck , he was chasing it to get a close up , looks like wildlife harassment to me , if the buck wasnt chased he wouldnt have jumped , he would have stayed on the bridge, and crossed safely.

you must have watched a different video then anyone else here. the truck isnt moving and that buck wasnt one of the ones being filmed. but good try. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

noelb
12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Thats too bad for the buck. A real waste. I didn't see any type of harassement in the video.

SHORTMAG
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM

:confused::confused:

Willowtrail
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
My guess is he thought he was a reindeer and was practicing his takeoff, only he failed.

Nice footage, 4 beauts that close together, wow.

catnthehat
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
you must have watched a different video then anyone else here. the truck isnt moving and that buck wasnt one of the ones being filmed. but good try. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
They have been know to do some crazy chit when in the rut!
About 25 years ago I was headed down to Sherwood park to hunt, and the road was glare ice around Hangingstone River.
I was only doing about 30 KPH and saw something coming up the road , a black speck that turned into a fork horn buck running right down the middle of the road!

He almost hit my stopped truck,and ran north around the big corner .
A minute later he was running back, and as I got out to get a picture he went into the ditch for about 20 yards , then jumped across the road and down into the poplars.
Right down the middle of the icy covered road, with better ground on either side of him in the ditch - who woulda thunk it?
Cat

huntinstuff
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
He was bullied by the other 4 bucks.

He jumped off the bridge on purpose.

Seen it a million times.

870wing
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
my guess considering how close he was to the buck with his truck , he was chasing it to get a close up , looks like wildlife harassment to me , if the buck wasnt chased he wouldnt have jumped , he would have stayed on the bridge, and crossed safely.

wtf

Lethbridge_1
12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Crazy video....thanks for sharing.

pottymouth
12-29-2011, 08:25 PM

puff puff give !

savage shooter
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Have you been drinking?

surface2feather
12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Goodbye cruel world...

and even if the 'chase vehicle' were actually moving, rather then sitting on the bridge, the buck still ran at the parked truck before jumping. I'll give you a mulligan on this one...rewatch and repost.

redranger15
12-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I think that buck had a oh chit moment, twice.

marlin1
12-30-2011, 08:46 AM
bad judgement call . They even have to put signs on some bridges for humans saying " do not jump over guard rail" bad judgement call , just like me and women :)

arkas
12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
He saw his girlfriend run off with the 4 other bucks and said WTF? I hate this world and jumped off the bridge.
Another classic case of my doe left me for another buck except when she ran off with 4 it was just too much!!!! Sad
:scared0018:
LOL

Ruger1022
12-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry if this sounds crazy, hypothetically speaking...if it wasn't the season could one wait until the deer was not twitching and harvest it??

Looks fresh and I havnt had breakfast yet.

AllTheAbove
01-02-2012, 04:17 AM
that sounds pretty wild

winged1
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Clear case of wildlife harassement. They better have gotten thier sorry asses down that embankment, put the critter out of it's misery, tagged and processed.

redranger15
01-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Clear case of wildlife harassement. They better have gotten thier sorry asses down that embankment, put the critter out of it's misery, tagged and processed.

Explain how parked on a bridge watching the deer in the field is harassement?

catnthehat
01-02-2012, 10:27 AM

We are not sure if the season was open or even if it was, if the people were hunting , and had a buck tag.
We also do not know what happened after the video camera was turned off.
The truck wasn't moving as well, so they likely were not harassing the deer.
Cat

winged1
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm guessing the deer was a 3 year old, had plenty of opportunity to jump off the bridge in that time, but he waited until a truck was parked on the bridge. I'm more than suspicious. There is no relationship in the flick between the deer in the field and the one going over the bridge. Hundreds of thousands of buffalo met thier fate over the edge, so does a single deer make it wrong. I see it as no different than running down a dog with your sled, wrong in my books.

rugatika
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
hope they put it down asap. Hate to see any animal suffer. Buck likely thought he was just jumping another fence...woops.

redranger15
01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm guessing the deer was a 3 year old, had plenty of opportunity to jump off the bridge in that time, but he waited until a truck was parked on the bridge. I'm more than suspicious. There is no relationship in the flick between the deer in the field and the one going over the bridge. Hundreds of thousands of buffalo met thier fate over the edge, so does a single deer make it wrong. I see it as no different than running down a dog with your sled, wrong in my books.

Try again and tell me what they did wrong? Try and keep it simple and not wonder off about buffalo for me.:bad_boys_20:

C Taylor
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Apparently we have to be watching 2 differenet vidios here. I'm with Jimboy what are they doing within feet of the deer on a bridge? why is that the start of the vid? My guess is they are not just sitting watching wildlife!

hunter49
01-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I must be watching a different video than a few of you guys. I see a parked truck, and a deer randomly jumping off a bridge. Not sure how that could be considered wildlife harassment.

tyv12
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I must be watching a different video than a few of you guys. I see a parked truck, and a deer randomly jumping off a bridge. Not sure how that could be considered wildlife harassment.

+1

pickrel pat
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM

x3

AMisler
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
If you listen closely you can hear the deer running across the bridge before the guy turns towards the deer with the camera as it jumps off the bridge. The truck is not moving either. No wildlife harassment here. X4

winged1
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll retract my comments. Without being there you never know. Strange things happen out there.

pattycr125
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
hopefully they called a conservation officer and someone ended up eating it.

2fat2flyxcw
01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
When you see the door of said truck open, it is clearly pointed in the direction that the deer came from, also quite obviously parked...
Nice try though:argue2:

Lefty-Canuck
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I think posts like this are a great "social experiment"....assuming we have all watched the same video, there are many different ways people have deduced what has happened....all from the same video....fascinating!

LC

Alberta Bigbore
01-03-2012, 08:35 PM

This post is like this picture.................WTF!! lol

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/Vagina_sniffing_classroom.gif

I.B.T.L.